It's True, Faith Comforts, and Can Heal.

Mark Sabala

Author
Jun 14, 2016
Chicago
Tinnitus Since
11/2/2015
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
This is year 7 with tinnitus, 8th month with intense T. We all know what this can cause psychologically....no sleep, anxiety, panic, depression, eating disorders, withdrawal from people, it's not a ride I enjoyed, or currently relish. But fact is, for me, is prayer, believing God has me here for whatever reason, and I have to go through this. Not alone is now my choice. I stay close to those whose life has struggles, and are willing to share as well. I've gotten better with a ear bud in the effected ear at night with the same pitch in hear. It really helps as well. Look up tinnitus sound therapy. There's ten tones available. Sleep came back, appetite returned, social climate came back, off anti depressants, ect....it's still there, but I have to stay close to God, and know he's the only one who has sustained my steady recovery.
I never thought I would ever right something like this 8 months ago. NEVER!!!!! Here I am today, moving forward again.

Thank you for sharing your story with us Mark.
God bless .....lots of love glynis

Believing in God has truly helped me. I go to church every Sunday to pray and to praise him. He knew I could handle this and I have strength. Thanks for this post :thankyousign:

Good for you. Faith in God gives us hope & strength which can sustain us through the darkness of T and its suffering. Romans 5:3-5

There is no doubt those of you in the family of our God, will help me and others endure and eventually overcome T. I thank you for the warm welcome, and the trust we have. T remains prevalent, and no longer defines my day, or disrupts it, as it did months ago. I've stopped trying to "figure it out", or "what happened". Time and will also comes into play for recovery.
I have T, it doesn't have me anymore.
You will get better, God loves you too much to leave you unsettled. It's a season.
Be well

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now