Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Hi, I've been following Neuromod for a while. Based on my audiogram I should be eligible, but I wonder: does one need to be able to hear at the tinnitus frequencies?

My tinnitus is a hiss in the 12 kHz range and in the ear where my tinnitus is loudest that's where my hearing rolls off quickly. I can hear 13 kHz but only when I crank it up. With the other ear I hear up to 14 kHz.

I'm asking because Dr. Shore's device needs you to have less than 55 dB hearing loss around your tinnitus.

So I keep glancing on Tinnitus Talk to see some good news. It seems like I haven't seen anything positive for some while.

If anyone out there is using Lenire and has a happy story to share about their current experience I could use the pep talk to keep my spirits up while I'm waiting my turn.

Hi, I've been following Neuromod for a while. Based on my audiogram I should be eligible, but I wonder: does one need to be able to hear at the tinnitus frequencies?

My tinnitus is a hiss in the 12 kHz range and in the ear where my tinnitus is loudest that's where my hearing rolls off quickly. I can hear 13 kHz but only when I crank it up. With the other ear I hear up to 14 kHz.

I'm asking because Dr. Shore's device needs you to have less than 55 dB hearing loss around your tinnitus.
I don't think so since they don't test hearing above 8 kHz so whether or not you can hear in the high frequencies does not seem to matter.

As far as I'm aware, no.

From my experience, the pitch / frequency of your tinnitus has no bearing on being eligible for treatment. All that matters is that you can hear sufficiently for the sounds to work.

According to the CEO, the frequency of your tinnitus doesn't matter.

BUT, I'm wondering if this device would be more effective if it matched your tinnitus tone.

I'm wondering if this device would be more effective if it matched your tinnitus tone.
That was my first impression when I found out about neuromodulation. Other than the idea of timing/sync, I've never been able to fully grasp the relationship between the electrical pulses and the sound you hear. Maybe it would make more sense after I've used it, but I wonder whether the pulses oscillate with the sounds almost like putting your hand on a speaker-cone.

Could anyone offer their description of the sensation?

Just kind of a random thought...

It's interesting the VA is now paying for Levo. I think the thread with the article said something about a 5 year contract. Seems like Vets will be getting fucked over in that case if the government is offering coverage for a habituation device. I doubt they would offer coverage for an actual improvement device simultaneously. Because obviously who would take the habituation device.

And also Levo is like $6000 somebody said. Neuromod would be substantially cheaper to cover.

Company behind Levo is supposedly U.S. Vet owned.

Just seems interesting with Lenire on the horizon this is how things would play out.

What do you guys think?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-system-for-tinnitus-treatment-300801922.html
That's correct, I got quoted $6,000 for Levo, here in Nevada. There can also be a cost to readjust the pitch and such ($250).

Do you know what the cost for the Lenire device is by any chance?

What I still don't understand is that Neuromod's Lenire shall help patients with and without hearing loss.

But the experts tell that these are two different tinnitus mechanisms? But for Neuromod it's the same origin?

Please don't mention "hidden hearing loss".
I know people, including me, who have / had very good hearing but severe tinnitus.

Also some people have severe hearing loss, but no tinnitus at all.

I'm new here, this is my third stint of tinnitus! And by that I mean I have had it three times... First got it in 2009 and it took 8 months of my life away, couldn't cope with it at all, I practically spent months at home not being able to function, finally got myself together after taking Zispin (Mirtazapine) for a few months, got back to normal but still with a bit of noise bothering me.

I got into the first MuteButton trial and all I can say is that there was no more tinnitus after that.

Then in January 2012 I attended a loud event and it came back, messing me up again for about 4 months. I got back to functioning again after taking Zispin, but there was still some very bothersome noise, so I took part in the 2nd trial for MuteButton in July 2012.

All I can say is that the tinnitus went away again.

It can go away, and when people say it's permanent, that is not always true.

Unfortunately it came back with a bang in February this year (after being in a loud pub with a band).

I have got an appointment with Neuromod in June!

Fingers crossed that this will help me again as it did before.
I think it would be interesting to know how much time was for @Clearance between his first stint of tinnitus and the first MuteButton trial in which she participated. That was successful for her.

I understand that between her second bout of tinnitus and the second time she got into a MuteButton trial, only 6 months had passed.

I wonder If there's a correlation between Lenire efficacy and length of time with tinnitus. Maybe tinnitus "sets in" in the brain, and is harder to undo in those patients whose tinnitus has lasted a long time, compared to others with less time on this tinnitus journey.

Attachments

• 59054FD9-9216-449F-B66F-DE22E5579A25.jpeg
    59054FD9-9216-449F-B66F-DE22E5579A25.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
Just came back home after my visit to Ireland, my device fitting appointment is on November 29th, next available date was on December 6th, I suppose all patients as of next week will be offered December dates for device fitting.

Going to be honest, I'm thinking the guys over on Reddit are right. I think I might sit out on this one and wait for the Michigan and Minnesota devices. Why is it that only Lenire is making people's tinnitus worse during treatment and the other two devices aren't? People who used those devices said the decrease was gradual, so it's obviously not the same technology as Dr. Susan Shore pointed out.

The improvements that are reported seem placebo level at best at this point, I don't really think I want to subject myself to 2+ months of worse tinnitus especially when mine has improved this much just for a "marginal decrease".

I'm beginning to think this is a dud guys, wait for Dr. Shore or Hubert Lim's own devices. Dr. Shore's critique of Neuromod was right. Ross O'Neill can take his "No Refunds" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. If this thing doesn't work hopefully the investors get on their ass and let karma serve some justice.

I'm tired of people suffering getting taken advantage of by liars. Those testimonials were proof enough of their bullshit. A lot of beating around the bush and not giving a straight answer, how hard is it to say "yes, it's lower"?

Is it ok to use white noise generators or use other forms of sound therapy during the same time as using Lenire?

Can someone please ask this at their next appointment?

I'm planning to purchase white noise generators but will will reconsider if there are any issues using these either before or during Lenire treatment.

Going to be honest, I'm thinking the guys over on Reddit are right. I think I might sit out on this one and wait for the Michigan and Minnesota devices. Why is it that only Lenire is making people's tinnitus worse during treatment and the other two devices aren't? People who used those devices said the decrease was gradual, so it's obviously not the same technology as Dr. Susan Shore pointed out.

The improvements that are reported seem placebo level at best at this point, I don't really think I want to subject myself to 2+ months of worse tinnitus especially when mine has improved this much just for a "marginal decrease".

I'm beginning to think this is a dud guys, wait for Dr. Shore or Hubert Lim's own devices. Dr. Shore's critique of Neuromod was right. Ross O'Neill can take his "No Refunds" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. If this thing doesn't work hopefully the investors get on their ass and let karma serve some justice.

I'm tired of people suffering getting taken advantage of by liars. Those testimonials were proof enough of their bullshit. A lot of beating around the bush and not giving a straight answer, how hard is it to say "yes, it's lower"?
I understand that unless you have somatic tinnitus, Susan Shore's device will offer no help. My tinnitus is not somatic so would be of no use to me. I think most of the Lenire feedback reviews appear fairly positive overall and the first users are still only half way through treatment. I will restrain from making judgement until I have attended my own appointment in two weeks time.

She didn't point out anything of the sort. Her contention was that Lenire hadn't been double blinded and placebo offsetted. Not that the tech is different. If you watch the Neuromod interview though at 35 mins you'll see Ross O'Neill say that he didn't want to discuss the TENT-A2 trial because they wanted to preserve these things. So Shore could easily be mistaken or just uninformed.

We have several users reporting improvements, some more than others. This was always going to be the case. I'm honestly surprised it's as good as it is. This was never going to be a slam dunk. Anyone expecting the forum to be flooded with users proclaiming massive improvements were being naive.

Again, if you think Shore or Minnesota's device are going to have full refund available you're engaged in some massive blue sky thinking. The disease is invisible to outside observers. Anyone could just claim that nothing happened and "I'll have my 2k back please".

"yes, it's lower"?
I'm confused. Several users have said exactly this. Verbatim!?

To Heinrich_S7:

As we say in the USA, my wife read me the "Riot Act" and said that "after having withdrawn $5,269.00 from your 401k for that utterly useless Desyncra, don't you dare suggest that you drop another $2,500.00 - $3,000.00 for something new that is so iffy regarding its effectiveness."

I fervently hope that the final reports from the Lenire subscribers are positive enough for me to make my own Peer Presentation so that I can undertake this.

I understand that unless you have somatic tinnitus, Susan Shore's device will offer no help.
Just on this. One of her trial stipulations said somatic tinnitus. But that doesn't necessarily mean the device won't help non-somatic. In the same way Neuromod limited their first trial to people who had had tinnitus for less than 5 years. It's a trial parameter that is not always indicative of real world application.

So what about the trials? Or did they just imagine their tinnitus was on average 7.5dB lower in the TLM (Tinnitus Loudness Matching) tests in the safety study for example?

And, are you saying that you are happy to rely on the one or two testimonials we have for the Michigan and Minnesota devices though happy to completely disregard trials with over 500 patients?

How do you know that there is a link between temporary worsening of tinnitus and the effectiveness of the treatment?

Your statement regarding the testimonials is also false. Whilst I would agree there are a couple of strange ones in there most of the testimonials were actually very positive including the mention of volume reduction.

Unfortunately your post is the very definition of knee-jerk. No one has even finished the 12 week treatment yet...

Alright, the thread is "down" again.

Can we please get some recent feedback from people currently doing the treatment who haven't posted to the User Experience thread yet, to see if anything has changed, either in a good or bad way?

Anyone heard of @Clearance? As she's not posting anymore, shall we interpret it that she has had her tinnitus resolved once again and now the job is done?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now