Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

But if the FDA is that rigorous how come they approved Levo and Desyncra that are largely ineffective?
I didn't say the FDA process was perfect or prevented all "largely ineffective" cures from hitting market; my point was that if not for such oversight, there would be a lot more snake oil on the market, and further that Neuromod is going to have to do a better job of producing results and actual data sets if they ever want to sell over here.

I also don't know enough about Levo or Desyncra to know if I agree with you or not; I have spoken to a good many people over the years who say ACRN is helpful to them. Whether you need to spend $5000 on that when the timings are known and there are free web-based implementations of the same thing is a different story. Certainly none of the treatments to date have been very effective in large numbers of people, but I don't have a problem with relatively low impact treatments that also don't have side effects and are useful to some minority of users. As long as the data they are being marketed with, also shows that...

I have become a Tinnitus Talk Podcast Patreon, but it doesn't appear on my profile because I used another e-mail account to subscribe.

Anyway, I listened to the podcast interview and I didn't really understand why Neuromod doesn't publish the results of the second study. They had 300 something patients in their study, it doesn't make a huge amount of data.

Someone posted a graph (wish I could find it again) of patient results/response on the trial that was an angled line across a chart with an x/y axis. It had a load of dots pasted about the graph, and essentially, each dot represented a patient with those dots below the line indicating an improvement in tinnitus since using the Lenire device in trial
That was in the leaked Neuromod presentation. We will be producing similar charts in the Tinnitus Talk Lenire user group study (actually lots of them!).

When do you think you could give us an unofficial update of more or less how the results are looking?
I and @Hazel just had a call about this last weekend with @PeterPan. We're planning to release the first wave of results in April, 2020.

Before that, releasing anything would be quite purposeless (sample size at 12 weeks nowhere enough as of yet, etc.)

I and @Hazel just had a call about this last weekend with @PeterPan. We're planning to release the first wave of results in April, 2020.

Before that, releasing anything would be quite purposeless (sample size at 12 weeks nowhere enough as of yet, etc.)
It's too bad we don't have many people reporting behind the scenes either.

That probably won't be before the next wave of Neuromod invites...

Guys, another person made an update on the Lenire User Experiences & Reviews.

No change in tinnitus - Very disappointing.
This doesn't reflect the claimed 80% responder rate at all.

I have a feeling Neuromod is a flop - like Desyncra + ACRN 2.0 :(

Oh my god, I was so hopeful.

Guys, don't forget, he also mentioned meeting a patient in the clinic that is responding.

Personally, I'm still on the fence, but who knows, maybe it is a sample size thing...

When Lenire was first being discussed I predicted that this would be the time when we would know whether it is the real deal or not - and the evidence from the User Experience thread suggests that it isn't, with a clear majority of those reaching the 12 week period having no significant change to their tinnitus. That doesn't mean that there won't be a minority who find it helpful - although most of the people who do seem to have had tinnitus for a relatively short period.

The data yielded by the User Experience thread of people who have invested their own time and money in Lenire is infinitely more valuable than any "80%" data cited by the company.

Grrr looks like there is another experience of a non-responder reported.
This poster is not finished his treatment yet.

It never ceases to amaze me the level at which people go to find the negatives in these posts. The user is not finished his treatment. He's only halfway through.

And in the same breath @TinMan2019 mentions that there was a user whom he met in the office that did have positive results. But of course that little mention will go unnoticed.

This doesn't reflect 80% responder rate at all.

Maybe they should try to stimulate inside the rectum next time.

It never ceases to amaze me the level at which people go to find the negatives in these posts.
Are you interested in tinnitus in general, or just trash talking people in this thread alone? Because every single one of your posts is in this thread. Way to be a member of the community at large Jay. It seems very strange to me, very unnatural.

I think the thing is with neuroplasticity is that it is different in everyone. Some may be early responders and some it may take some time. The longer you have had tinnitus it may take longer. We don't really know and I don't think Neuromod is sure either. I remember @Clare B's tinnitus went away some time after the treatment was over. I feel it is premature to make a judgement until sometime next year.

I am leaving for my appointment next week and I will try to ask as many questions as I can and report back.

Are you interested in tinnitus in general, or just trash talking people in this thread alone? Because every single one of your posts is in this thread. Way to be a member of the community at large Jay. It seems very strange to me, very unnatural.
It's the Neuromod shills John. It's a big consipiracy. We're all out to get you! ;)

Disappointing update for sure.

Worth noting this is now the second story of improvement we have heard from the waiting room however.

Let's be honest, the number of non-responders here is quite depressing. But let's not forget there could be further improvements after the stopping the treatments, weeks or months later.

That being said, I am skeptical because of the Bluetooth headphone though, because there is a latency in the transmission of the signal, which influences the timing. It is a really weird choice, as the timing is THE element that seems to trigger, or to improve the tinnitus. I don't quite understand this choice.

I hope they will switch to using normal headphones maybe?

Anyway even if it's not the device everyone was expecting, it has a strong backing and will, at least, have a lot of data to work with and make adjustments and improvements in the treatment.

On my side, I will wait for laser brain surgery :D

I've been wondering about this many times: If neuroplasticity takes a long before it happens, how have they ever found the right timings?

Have they really researched all the different timings long-term and then after some positive results converged on what they found worked best?

Assuming the best signal timing has even been established at this point... I mean, it seems like such a gargantuan task and very much trial and error.

Let's be honest, the number of non-responders here is quite depressing. But let's not forget there could be further improvements after the stopping the treatments, weeks or months later.

That being said, I am skeptical because of the Bluetooth headphone though, because there is a latency in the transmission of the signal, which influences the timing. It is a really weird choice, as the timing is THE element that seems to trigger, or to improve the tinnitus. I don't quite understand this choice.

I hope they will switch to using normal headphones maybe?

Anyway even if it's not the device everyone was expecting, it has a strong backing and will, at least, have a lot of data to work with and make adjustments and improvements in the treatment.

On my side, I will wait for laser brain surgery :D
Closest thing we have to that going on is Deep Brain Stimulation. UCSF's results from a trial that recently finished actually showed it's pretty promising, though it is risky as it is a highly invasive surgery. They pretty much attach an electrode to your brainstem.

In short 3 out of 5 got better (reduced / eliminated), one got worse, one didn't change.

In preparation before Lenire, taking supplements to boost neuroplasticity... If I don't have positive results from the treatment with that... :(

D4318695-D408-4EFE-9698-6C1B2981C9F8.jpeg

What pills are you taking? From the picture I assume it's Omega 3 and Magnesium but not too sure about the far left?
It's a supplement with:
Vitamin C
Niacine
Vitamin E
Vitamines B6, B1, B2
Folic acid
Vitamin A
Biotine (Vitamin B5)
Vitamin D3
Zinc
Chromium

Fish oil