• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I don´t want to sound negative. But fluctuations are normal when you have severe tinnitus. My ringing fluctuates a lot since it got worse. Now it´s even more difficult to have a good day, but it still fluctuates. I hope this technology improves to eliminate bad fluctuating patterns.

I've got the same... mine is noise induced but when I grit or clench my teeth my white noise / sizzling tinnitus increases, then eases when I unclench.

Have you gone to a dentist? Get that ticked off the list if you haven't... some can get worsened tinnitus with bite / night grinding / TMJ issues.

I don't see why you wouldn't be a good candidate for Lenire... You say your tinnitus was noise induced so at the end of the day your nerves / neurons in the brain (or whatever the scientific community would say) are misfiring... Lenire's purpose is to rewire those misfiring signals.
Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. Yeah, I'm sure it's from noise (headphones), but that said next time I visit the dentist I could mention it. Anyway, this topic will have to come up if I get drilled, as I want to cut down on the noise!

Good point about the Lenire, so that's hopeful. Is the purpose of the Michigan device the same, to rewire the misfiring signals?

I have had tinnitus for about a month. I feel lucky, in a sense, to have gotten it now, because from what I can tell here, it seems like right now is the dawn of an era where tinnitus may well have some really effective treatments available that may be able to reduce or eliminate the condition. I hope that is not just my optimistic take on things, but the consensus opinion. Lenire, the Michigan device, a few promising drugs... perhaps the situation in 2-5 years will be that there will be not just one but several highly effective treatments?

I have had tinnitus for about a month. I feel lucky, in a sense, to have gotten it now, because from what I can tell here, it seems like right now is the dawn of an era where tinnitus may well have some really effective treatments available that may be able to reduce or eliminate the condition. I hope that is not just my optimistic take on things, but the consensus opinion. Lenire, the Michigan device, a few promising drugs... perhaps the situation in 2-5 years will be that there will be not just one but several highly effective treatments
That is my slightly optimistic assessment of the situation. This is the absolute best time in the history of the world to get tinnitus except for 2 years from now.

You may very likely get better on your own, but if you don't there is a very real chance, dare I say probability, that relief will be here sooner (Lenire) or later (Michigan and drug interventions).

I don´t want to sound negative. But fluctuations are normal when you have severe tinnitus. My ringing fluctuates a lot since it got worse.
Mine doesn't. It's been stuck on "severe" since onset. No fluctuations at all for the past 4 years.

They certainly are possible, but I don't know that fluctuations are the norm.

They have about 40 people using it on Tinnitus Talk. Will probably grow more later.

I don't know if it's fair to say there's not many new people using it when a ton of appointments were recently accepted.
I saw your post regarding the agreement Neuromod has to eventually commercialize the University of Minnesota device. It leads me to believe that Dr. Lim was brought in to prop up the current device as best as possible until they can scrap this version of it and rebrand the University of Minnesota device as Lenire 2.0. It would appear that the current underperforming version is only intended to be a placeholder so that they can implement the appropriate infrastructure and efficiently distribute the more effective device once it's eventually completed.

I don´t want to sound negative. But fluctuations are normal when you have severe tinnitus. My ringing fluctuates a lot since it got worse. Now it´s even more difficult to have a good day, but it still fluctuates. I hope this technology improves to eliminate bad fluctuating patterns.
Hola compadre!

Mine fluctuates a lot. As I said somewhere over here, I had one and a half month of not feeling bothered by it at all.

I was even considering not to get the Lenire.

Then the last six days have been pure hell. Angle grinder sound, white noise and train brakes screeching.

Then today almost complete silence as I haven't experienced before. I firmly support the idea about not trying to track this crap. It does what it wants to do. Let's see how I wake up tomorrow. I have to say that I am currently going through a massive flu. So nasty you should wash your hands after reading this. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Perhaps the subjective part of this wicked game made me feel like what I have today is nothing, compared with what has been going on in my ears these last days.
Your brain might be trying to fix it... Have you done anything different lately?
Well... Not. Beers, 300mg pineapple a day, carbohydrates, good sleeping, moderate exercise, severe wanking, walking the dog in a quiet park, loads of water... Business as usual.

Mine doesn't. It's been stuck on "severe" since onset. No fluctuations at all for the past 4 years.

They certainly are possible, but I don't know that fluctuations are the norm.
That sounds bad mate. Well... my pattern is usually 2 bad days and 1 moderate day, or 3 bad days and 1 or 2 moderate days. I can't find the cause, sadly.

I wonder if I can reach all moderate days via neuromodulation.

But lately there has been a lot of talk about somatic tinnitus and Lenire, and mine is not somatic. :S

I saw your post regarding the agreement Neuromod has to eventually commercialize the University of Minnesota device. It leads me to believe that Dr. Lim was brought in to prop up the current device as best as possible until they can scrap this version of it and rebrand the University of Minnesota device as Lenire 2.0. It would appear that the current underperforming version is only intended to be a placeholder so that they can implement the appropriate infrastructure and efficiently distribute the more effective device once it's eventually completed.
Yes I do wonder the same! Is it worth going for Lenire now then? I guess there is no other option.

We can only hope that Lenire V1 owners might get a discount for the second version or so.
I wonder if the actual version of Lenire also targets the vagus nerve or if it's just the DCN.
It should be possible to target the vagus nerve via tongue, right?
I will ask this at my appointment.
That sounds bad mate. Well... my pattern is usually 2 bad days and 1 moderate day, or 3 bad days and 1 or 2 moderate days. I can't find the cause, sadly.

I wonder if I can reach all moderate days via neuromodulation.

But lately there has been a lot of talk about somatic tinnitus and Lenire, and mine is not somatic. :S
As far a I know @Lucky97 has non-somatic tinnitus and Lenire helped him big-time!
So there is hope for you.

Have a good night everyone.

Simon

Hola compadre!

Mine fluctuates a lot. As I said somewhere over here, I had one and a half month of not feeling bothered by it at all.

I was even considering not to get the Lenire.

Then the last six days have been pure hell. Angle grinder sound, white noise and train brakes screeching.

Then today almost complete silence as I haven't experienced before. I firmly support the idea about not trying to track this crap. It does what it wants to do. Let's see how I wake up tomorrow. I have to say that I am currently going through a massive flu. So nasty you should wash your hands after reading this. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Perhaps the subjective part of this wicked game made me feel like what I have today is nothing, compared with what has been going on in my ears these last days.

Well... Not. Beers, 300mg pineapple a day, carbohydrates, good sleeping, moderate exercise, severe wanking, walking the dog in a quiet park, loads of water... Business as usual.
It's the brain working on its own to fix itself. It's the best thing that can happen to any of us. Let's hope your improvements will persist in the long run.

Yes I do wonder the same! Is it worth going for Lenire now then? I guess there is no other option.

We can only hope that Lenire V1 owners might get a discount for the second version or so.
I wonder if the actual version of Lenire also targets the vagus nerve or if it's just the DCN.
It should be possible to target the vagus nerve via tongue, right?
I will ask this at my appointment.

As far a I know @Lucky97 has non-somatic tinnitus and Lenire helped him big-time!
So there is hope for you.

Have a good night everyone.

Simon
Perhaps Lucky97 has DCN tinnitus but not somatic tinnitus? DCN tinnitus is weird in the fact that all people who can modulate their tinnitus with movement have DCN tinnitus, but not all with DCN tinnitus can modulate theirs.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 02.05.12.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 02.05.24.jpeg

Neuromod going mainstream in Germany - I just got this ad on my Facebook feed.

When is the 2nd version of Neuromod coming out? The improved version. The 1st version of anything always has kinks in it.
That's just out of nowhere speculation. There has been no mention of anything like that in the works by Neuromod at this time.
Do you think that's possible after 4 years?
Yes. The brain is fickle like that. I'm sure you've read of people who have had it for even longer and one day their tinnitus was suddenly gone.

@JayBowson

Thanks for the info. I do now see that a small road crosses under N4. Now I just need to get on the right Hopper Bus from the airport to Clayton Hotel...

Where I live, the city has bike depots throughout the city where you can rent a bike for a day or so and just return it at many rental racks around the city for a fee. By chance any of those around the area there?

My tinnitus has had a lot of fluctuations.

Sometimes it is quieter and sometimes it is louder.

Tomorrow is my 3-month Lenire anniversary and at the moment I consider the treatment a flop.
What do you mean by a flop? Sorry English isn't my native language.

I thought Lenire helped you very much and it worked, based on your post from January 3rd?

Tomorrow is my 3-month Lenire anniversary and at the moment I consider the treatment a flop.
Did you have fluctuations before Lenire? I'm confused how you can go from almost tinnitus gone to complete flop in the space of a week??

Has it only been this week that it's been fluctuating?

If so, maybe something else is causing a spike to fight against the treatment. But even if it's not that, isn't "ups and downs" what all the users as well as Neuromod says is normal to happen?

You seemed to be happy with Lenire. What happened? Did your tinnitus now increase from Lenire?

Did you have fluctuations before Lenire? I'm confused how you can go from almost tinnitus gone to complete flop in the space of a week??
My guess is the guy has lost perspective due to a spike or something. It is always happening to me and some close comrades who also suffer from this. You can have good weeks in a row, then a bad day puts you in desperate mode again.
If so, maybe something else is causing a spike to fight against the treatment.
That's 100% how I see it.
We're f##ked.
Pretty much. In fact that's the essence of this forum, mate. The fuel which keeps all this in motion. Thing is we are in the road to get unf##ked.

You seemed to be happy with Lenire. What happened? Did your tinnitus now increase from Lenire?
@Lucky97

Are you sure you are using the word 'flop' correctly?

This means that the device is a complete failure. Is this really what you mean?
Exactly! The "flop" has in my understanding also completely different meaning, see below attached posts.

If I had such results, I would not hesitate to use words like miracle or breakthrough...

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    148.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    136.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    135.4 KB · Views: 80
Flop in Italian means failure.

I changed my mind, I had always had fluctuations even before the treatment but I now start to be disappointed.

4 days ago I had the sounds of bells, wind and rumble in my head. Loud tinnitus in the right ear. I am tired of these fluctuations.

At the moment my tinnitus Is identical to that of how it was in September.

Flop in Italian means failure.

I changed my mind, I had always had fluctuations even before the treatment but I now start to be disappointed.

4 days ago I had the sounds of bells, wind and rumble in my head. Loud tinnitus in the right ear. I am tired of these fluctuations.

At the moment my tinnitus Is identical to that of how it was in September.
Did you talk about your disappointment with the Neuromod team? Maybe you should pursue the treatment for a longer time.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now