• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I developed tinnitus in October 2023 and have tried various treatments, but like most of you, I haven't had any success.

My question is about the Lenire device. Has anyone here actually tried it, and if so, has it provided any real help in reducing your tinnitus?

This device is quite expensive, and insurance doesn't cover it, so I'm curious to hear about any results from people who have used it.

I developed tinnitus in October 2023 and have tried various treatments, but like most of you, I haven't had any success.

My question is about the Lenire device. Has anyone here actually tried it, and if so, has it provided any real help in reducing your tinnitus?

This device is quite expensive, and insurance doesn't cover it, so I'm curious to hear about any results from people who have used it.
There's a user experiences thread with 50+ reports. Most people say it's trash.

Tinnitus worse after using Lenire? Same here! I spent $4,500 on the device and audiology services, plus an additional $500 on travel. After completing the full 84-hour protocol, the volume and intensity of my tinnitus actually worsened.

When I reached out to the Lenire provider to request an adjustment, they encouraged me to try the treatment again. I did, after a four-month break, but only lasted two weeks because I couldn't tolerate it.

I then asked about their clinical data, and they informed me that for my "mild to moderate tinnitus," the success rate was 57.7%. When I pointed out that this information wasn't shared with me at the time of purchase (last December), they claimed the data was only recently updated.

I strongly believe that Lenire and its authorized audiology practices need to be much more transparent about the following:
  1. There is a significant risk that you may not see any improvement.
  2. There is no recourse if the treatment doesn't work for you.
  3. Lenire will not accept returned devices, even though they could refurbish them and sell them at a lower price.
Buyer beware!
Thanks for sharing your experience and warning others. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but 57.7 percent? That's unbelievable! Their materials mention success rates in the high 80s!

I've seen other posts where people have been encouraged to report adverse events to the FDA. I know it's a long shot, but if more complaints start coming in, you'd hope the FDA would step in and take action. This could force Lenire to either improve or, at the very least, add a warning to their device, acknowledging the risk of making the condition permanently worse. Right now, they only mention temporary spikes, which isn't good enough. They're getting away with it, and it's wrong.

Tinnitus worse after using Lenire? Same here! I spent $4,500 on the device and audiology services, plus an additional $500 on travel. After completing the full 84-hour protocol, the volume and intensity of my tinnitus actually worsened.

When I reached out to the Lenire provider to request an adjustment, they encouraged me to try the treatment again. I did, after a four-month break, but only lasted two weeks because I couldn't tolerate it.

I then asked about their clinical data, and they informed me that for my "mild to moderate tinnitus," the success rate was 57.7%. When I pointed out that this information wasn't shared with me at the time of purchase (last December), they claimed the data was only recently updated.

I strongly believe that Lenire and its authorized audiology practices need to be much more transparent about the following:
  1. There is a significant risk that you may not see any improvement.
  2. There is no recourse if the treatment doesn't work for you.
  3. Lenire will not accept returned devices, even though they could refurbish them and sell them at a lower price.
Buyer beware!
Hey, could you tell me how you reached out to them? I know a different company took over to handle Lenire for Neuromod, but I've lost all contact information. Neuromod hasn't replied to my email, so I'm a little unsure how to reach them these days.

I just received my Lenire device on Friday, costing $5,500 USD out the door. I'm currently on my 6th treatment (2x per day) as I type this.

Before this, I tried 15 sessions of HBOT, 25 hours of LLLT, and 30 days of steroids. My tinnitus levels are 2 in the left ear and 5 in the right. Over the last 30 days, my hyperacusis has improved by 10 dB, though that improvement seems to have come with time.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now