Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I think I should state, as many will, to please breathe and keep calm for those outside of the current treatment country(ies). The clock has finally started. It will be widespread soon enough. Our suffering will at least be reduced and that to me is worth the $2800.

I pray that this will be the best Christmas gift any of us could get in the US if things go smoothly. Extremely happy today. I am crying at work for no reason. People think I am crazy.

This is very exciting, I'd kept away from looking for updates for a while but I'll be really keen to see how the first lot of people trying this get along.

Glad the price isn't as high as was speculated, slight shame you have to do an assessment and then return for a device. But overall this is very positive.

I hope as many of us as possible find relief very soon!

If you use Airbnb, you can book a cheap room in Dublin for about $1,000 per month. That is my current intention. I've already talked to my boss about a six-week medical leave.
It's not the cost that is an issue for me. I have the vacation also but traveling 4 times to Ireland in general may be more prohibitive for me. I dunno. Letting this sink in atm.

I think I should state, as many will, to please breathe and keep calm for those outside of the current treatment country(ies). The clock has finally started. It will be widespread soon enough. Our suffering will at least be reduced and that to me is worth the $2800.

I pray that this will be the best Christmas gift any of us could get in the US if things go smoothly. Extremely happy today. I am crying at work for no reason. People think I am crazy.
If we had it in the United States by Xmas, that would be amazing. Almost shocking unless I missed something.

Awesome news! The four visits is a killer for us in the US. I am curious if anyone else in the US is still going to give it a go?

Oh well at least I have boobs to look forward to.

I have applied for an appointment with them - based in England so trips over to Ireland aren't going to be an issue. Just interested to see what their wait times are like. :dunno:

If we had it in the United States by Xmas, that would be amazing. Almost shocking unless I missed something.
In the Q&A they stated their aim is to have FDA approval within calendar year 2019. What this means for the actual release date is anyone's guess. But I'll pray for the Christmas timeline. I have nothing to back that up. Just hoping.

UPDATE on June 5th, 2019

We are currently working on a quick form where people who have firmly decided to try Lenire can submit their details.

The form's intent is to collect details of the people who are willing to report back to us via future surveys on a regular basis about their experience using the device. Using this data, we can analyze and publish findings in a way that would not be possible with a discussion thread format.

In addition to that, we are planning to have a separate users' experience thread here on Tinnitus Talk, in a format that allows more instantaneous feedback. These are two separate things, the more regulated and structured surveys and the thread.

If you have interest in helping us with the brainstorming, formating, etc. around this, please send me a PM.

"The purpose of the third and fourth visits are to adjust the stimulation settings on the device to optimise the potential for therapeutic benefit"

Did they not only change the settings once in TENT-A2?

Is it possible that they have figured out how to get more improvement out of the treatment?

A huge premature thank you to everyone here who gets this device early on and takes the time to tell us about it here. With the treatment being structured the way it is it's going to be tough for those in the US to get one before it's available here officially.

I'm shocked it's priced as low as it is. With the time and effort they put into the development they could have justified charging much more. As desperate as this population is at times they still would have sold a ton even at a higher price.

D571CF80-BCD4-4460-A272-5B55436E0F26.gif

Holy Fuck! The day has finally come.

Godspeed everyone!

Do we have any news on when they will start the actual treatments? When expansion will happen?

This is an exciting day. Lenire's shown some positive results in the clinical trials but the real test will be from those who are actually paying for it.

So it's great news that @Markku is organising a feedback thread and a survey over the next months.

I'm moderately tempted to go for it - less expensive than I had anticipated and Dublin's always a great city to visit - but will probably wait for Tinnitus Talk's data collection before deciding.

I'm in. £30 return from Leeds / Bradford, I can stomach a few of those, particularly as they're charging less than we were all expecting. Fingers crossed - fk me, I hope this works.

Uh, just in time that I'm habituating or the stem cells are working.
Doesn't matter, I'll spend those 2500$ eating unhealthy foods.
And a word of caution, take it or leave it: just like myself, you're basically going to be paying a somewhat large sum of money to become beta testers. There aren't really any miraculous results out there. Tinnitus is a bitch but still, I'd proceed with caution.

Hope you're all doing great. At least there's something that might be viable, today :)

Not going to lie, kind of jealous of all the people that don't have existing ear issues that render treatments like this pointless for me.

With my pulsatile tinnitus and ETD + double patulous eustachian tubes I'm not even going to bother with this as my inner ears are constantly under stress. So reducing the high pitched sounds in both my ears with a device will likely be in vain. I could easily fly in at £50 flights for appointments but there's no point for me.

Will wait for more research and a possible cure for nerve damage to the inner ear and maybe better treatments for eustachian tube issues.

Wishing the best for all of you. I'll watch from the sidelines and observe the results.

Opinions on the questionnaire?

Do you think they'll filter out anyone based on this?
I would think they would only filter you out based on the abnormal findings of the MRI question. I went through the questionnaire without actually completing since I don't know if the traveling will work for me. The only other thing I could think of is TMJ, but there isn't a question about that in he questionnaire.

Not going to lie, kind of jealous of all the people that don't have existing ear issues that render treatments like this pointless for me.

With my pulsatile tinnitus and ETD + double patulous eustachian tubes I'm not even going to bother with this as my inner ears are constantly under stress. So reducing the high pitched sounds in both my ears with a device will likely be in vain. I could easily fly in at £50 flights for appointments but there's no point for me.

Will wait for more research and a possible cure for nerve damage to the inner ear and maybe better treatments for eustachian tube issues.

Wishing the best for all of you. I'll watch from the sidelines and observe the results.
Who said it doesn't work for ETD? A forum member, @kelpiemsp, who has ETD has been practically cured with bimodal stimulation.

Uh, just in time that I'm habituating or the stem cells are working.
Doesn't matter, I'll spend those 2500$ eating unhealthy foods.
And a word of caution, take it or leave it: just like myself, you're basically going to be paying a somewhat large sum of money to become beta testers. There aren't really any miraculous results out there. Tinnitus is a bitch but still, I'd proceed with caution.

Hope you're all doing great. At least there's something that might be viable, today :)
Beta testers? You do know Neuromod has 2 of the largest clinical trials for a tinnitus treatment ever, right? Over 700 participants...

I think I have ETD as well. ENT docs say I don't, but my ears are constantly popping when I swallow so not sure what else it could be.

I don't think Neuromod mentioned this as part of the trial exclusion criteria (if that's the right term), so maybe it won't be part of the exclusion criteria for the actual treatment either...

Might give them a ring and ask what exactly would exclude someone from using the treatment. Would save getting the ferry all the way to Ireland to find out in person!

I think I have ETD as well. ENT docs say I don't, but my ears are constantly popping when I swallow so not sure what else it could be.

I don't think Neuromod mentioned this as part of the trial exclusion criteria (if that's the right term), so maybe it won't be part of the exclusion criteria for the actual treatment either...

Might give them a ring and ask what exactly would exclude someone from using the treatment. Would save getting the ferry all the way to Ireland to find out in person!

You can have ETD and not have it be the cause of your tinnitus, just like you can have TMJ and not have it be the cause of your tinnitus.

To think they would deny you treatment because it may be a factor would be stupid on their part.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now