• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Yes I hope it went OK for him. A bit concerned that Neuromod may be asking anyone going ahead with Lenire not to post about their experiences on Tinnitus Talk. If they did that (and I should stress I haven't yet seen firm evidence that this is the case) it would certainly increase my doubts about Lenire. Anyway it's good news that so much good work has been done by the Tinnitus Talk team on developing the Lenire User Experience Group.
Interesting thought but I sincerely doubt that.

If it's silence from them as well, then we'll know.
That's not enough. We all have to pinky-swear that we'll report back. That way if we don't you'll know Oogie Boogie got us.

giphy.gif

Guess we'll only know for sure when a few more Tinnitus Talk members have had their appointments. If it's silence from them as well, then we'll know.
Will you be getting the treatment? Or waiting to hear the results?

The first assessments started on the 18th June... there is a 4 week wait for the device. Anyone who had a first assessment is still awaiting the fitting... Could nobody work that out??

No, at least two people on here have posted accounts of their assessment appointments and they were the same, what more do you want? Why would anyone else post the exact same thing, I'm sure the assessments are standard...

Will you be getting the treatment? Or waiting to hear the results?
I will either get the treatment there or in the US depending on where things stand in November. Either way I'm not afraid to ask them point blank about NDAs right away to put this issue to bed (assuming it's still being discussed by then, which it shouldn't.) I think it's unlikely they'll disqualify me.

Yes I hope it went OK for him. A bit concerned that Neuromod may be asking anyone going ahead with Lenire not to post about their experiences on Tinnitus Talk. If they did that (and I should stress I haven't yet seen firm evidence that this is the case) it would certainly increase my doubts about Lenire. Anyway it's good news that so much good work has been done by the Tinnitus Talk team on developing the Lenire User Experience Group.
Ooh, why do you think this may happen? Do I recall that somebody said this happened with the Desyncra device?

Good luck trying to shut me up Neuromod, if I try the device.

This would be a very silly thing for a company to attempt in 2019. But I can still imagine that some would do it if they didn't have confidence in their results. If the device is even half as good as the summary of the clinical trial reports says it is, it will sell itself no matter what is written on the Internet.

I did think that might be a possibility. We can easily test the theory - I'm there next Tuesday, the 9th, so if I don't post something by the close of play on the 10th, you can assume they are attempting to exercise control of information.

Ooh, why do you think this may happen? Do I recall that somebody said this happened with the Desyncra device?

Good luck trying to shut me up Neuromod, if I try the device.

This would be a very silly thing for a company to attempt in 2019. But I can still imagine that some would do it if they didn't have confidence in their results. If the device is even half as good as the summary of the clinical trial reports says it is, it will sell itself no matter what is written on the Internet.
Ya hear what that "I'm a little concerned" did david c? Do you want conspiracy theories? Because that's how you get conspiracy theories.

-Sterling Archer

I've thought about this. Haven't heard from @Allan1967 since his initial appointment. Makes me wonder what they did to him.
I'm sorry. I wrote that last sentence on my post as a light joke. It wasn't a serious question. I never intended it to provoke naysayers or talk about NDAs. I should have known that would be an open invite for negative speculation. If anything I was just trying to prod Allan into saying hello again. If he doesn't that's fine and perfectly within his rights.

Ya hear what that "I'm a little concerned" did david c? Do you want conspiracy theories? Because that's how you get conspiracy theories.

-Sterling Archer
Pahaha you clearly have no idea of the shit that goes on in the medical world.

An NDA is very unlikely. Not impossible.

Which is all anyone reading this thread needs to acknowledge.

I mean, I could get hit by lightning. It's very unlikely, but not impossible. Should we all obsess on the very unlikely?
If Drone Draper's audiologist was correct, perhaps "unlikely" is more accurate. You seem to come down like a ton of bricks on anyone expressing a negative opinion on this thread.

Cynicism when it comes to new medical treatments for intractable conditions is well placed. I'm excited about this treatment. I'm excited about the accounts posted here by one or two people who were in the trials for this technology.

But given the expense involved, and more importantly potential risks, discussion of all factors seems a good idea.

If Drone Draper's audiologist was correct, perhaps "unlikely" is more accurate. You seem to come down like a ton of bricks on anyone expressing a negative opinion on this thread.

Cynicism when it comes to new medical treatments for intractable conditions is well placed. I'm excited about this treatment. I'm excited about the accounts posted here by one or two people who were in the trials for this technology.

But given the expense involved, and more importantly potential risks, discussion of all factors seems a good idea.
No. Questioning Neuromod is a conspiracy theory.

Wait so did they only test minimum masking level? Not tone of the tinnitus itself?

Was the hearing test up to the usual 8 kHz or did it go higher?

Any news about clinics in mainland Europe offering the Lenire treatment?

I'm hesitating signing up for the clinic in Dublin. I don't want to make an appointment if later this year the treatment becomes available somewhere closer to me.

Is there any likelihood that those seeking treatment with Lenire will have to sign a disclaimer against publicising their reviews.

If that were the case, of course, that would be pretty damaging against both the product and the company.
We are all entitled to review anything we wish to.

Would you eat at a restaurant that legally prohibited you from reviewing on TripAdviser??

To Drone Draper and Candy:

When I agreed to purchase and go ahead with Desyncra in December of 2016, there was no such mention of signing an NDA. If there had been I would have unconditionally refused and walked out (and they would have done me an immense favor, since I would have saved $5,269.00 for this annoyingly useless 36 week procedure).

I can't believe that they do not recognize that this requirement is now a dead giveaway regarding it's uselessness.

I wonder when at what point they counted the number of negative assessments such as mine, and decided that a gag order had to be placed on new participants to prevent the dissemination of additional evidence of its cost and uselessness.

We have a very highly regarded Consumer Fraud and Abuse Department in the State of Illinois, and if Desyncra had tried that on me I would have sent this Department a succinct but detailed report on them. This would have activated an investigation regarding their real motives for requiring this NDA.

Is there any likelihood that those seeking treatment with Lenire will have to sign a disclaimer against publicising their reviews.

If that were the case, of course, that would be pretty damaging against both the product and the company.
We are all entitled to review anything we wish to.

Would you eat at a restaurant that legally prohibited you from reviewing on TripAdviser??
I've seen no mention of having to sign an NDA and nothing like this was discussed at my assessment. I guess there's still every chance this could be incorporated when you actually purchase the device / treatment in the second appointment. Will have to wait and see!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now