• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

What does 'work' mean?
Dear @HighlyTall and @Nick47,

In Colon et al. (2022), figure 9 elaborates on the question "Overall, would you say you have benefited from using this device (i.e. Lenire)?"

70.3% says "Yes."'
29.7% says "No."

This is less than the 80% I mentioned.

Conlon 2022 Figure 9 Satisfaction rates in using treatment device.JPG

Kind regards,
Jan

Lenire is fancy TRT in my opinion.

My THI is out of scale (72, maybe 6 after habituation in 2004).

Note the descending graph immediately at the start. You habituate. 12 points on THI isn't a big deal.

Maybe try Lenire on subjects with 10 years of chronic tinnitus. That is probably another story.

upload_2024-2-20_11-10-17.jpeg

Though I am afraid to jinx it, I do have to report a notable improvement using Lenire while microdosing Ketamine. This is my third or fourth cycle over the course of 3 years with the device but for the first time it seems to be effective enough that it is making a positive impact on my QoL.

Still 24x7 loud and highly variable but I think the pain response is lessened which makes it easier to ignore and live with.

I'm sure it will all go to hell tomorrow but maybe there is something to this combo.

Though I am afraid to jinx it, I do have to report a notable improvement using Lenire while microdosing Ketamine. This is my third or fourth cycle over the course of 3 years with the device but for the first time it seems to be effective enough that it is making a positive impact on my QoL.

Still 24x7 loud and highly variable but I think the pain response is lessened which makes it easier to ignore and live with.

I'm sure it will all go to hell tomorrow but maybe there is something to this combo.
How do you take Ketamine? Intravenously? And how much? Thank you.

I use one of the online services and they send troches (oral). I use it at 60 mg. Enough to barely feel it, but my theory is it might increase plasticity.
Barely enough to feel it, huh? So, aside from the Lenire effectiveness, does the Ketamine seem to help with anxiety at that low dose?

Barely enough to feel it, huh? So, aside from the Lenire effectiveness, does the Ketamine seem to help with anxiety at that low dose?
I don't have anxiety or depression, just pain from piercing tinnitus so I can't speak to that personally, but that is the claim. I've been using Joyous service because they are cheap, they'll give you up to 120 mg per day for $120/month. At 120 mg I definitely feel it and wouldn't want to go for a drive or attend a meeting for a good 90 minutes or so after using.

So my THI (TFI?) sits, after three years, at 96. I am highly handicapped each day, and cannot even imagine what a lower THI would be like.

What sort of actual change would Lenire bring me? There are 288 pages of discussion on here, and such a mix of opinions ranging from "apocalyptically life-shattering" to "total remission".

So my THI (TFI?) sits, after three years, at 96. I am highly handicapped each day, and cannot even imagine what a lower THI would be like.

What sort of actual change would Lenire bring me? There are 288 pages of discussion on here, and such a mix of opinions ranging from "apocalyptically life-shattering" to "total remission".
The problem is that with such high THI, a mild improvement is sort of meaningless. So it is only meaningful if it had a dramatic impact. I've never heard anyone describe that sort of dramatic benefit from using Lenire.

PDF attached for anyone who would like to read it.
All these Lenire studies have one thing in common. That is, they cannot distinguish differences between the results of various arms. If they could show that one arm was statistically better than another, it would be conclusive proof that it is doing something. Instead, no matter how different they make the arms, the results all come in at about -13 TFI.

Nah, it's not going to take that long. No way in hell would they give their competitors a year head-start while they sit on a goldmine first ever treatment.

Now that it's released, mock ups and copycats can also prop up if Neuromod don't get a move on.
This did not age well... lol.

It's an attempt at humor guys. Don't get mad at a little levity.

I checked out the Lenire website. I was very surprised at how many places are marked on the map where you can get the device — hundreds of cities. So, I would expect hundreds of patient experiences to come. There are only two options. Patients are not interested in Lenire, or are not interested in sharing their experiences.

@dj_newark, you wrote this in the "New University of Michigan Discovery — Signal Timing" thread. I have just reread it.
No, are you not familiar with Dr. Lim's work at the University of Minnesota? The current Lenire is a joke. The next version based on his work will be game changing.
Is this updated version the one used in the latest clinical trial, with results out this year? Neuromod have told me a new, better quality clinical trial has been carried out. It has not been published yet.

Do you have any insight into how Neuromod have changed Lenire and/or its mode of action?

@dj_newark, you wrote this in the "New University of Michigan Discovery — Signal Timing" thread. I have just reread it.

Is this updated version the one used in the latest clinical trial, with results out this year? Neuromod have told me a new, better quality clinical trial has been carried out. It has not been published yet.

Do you have any insight into how Neuromod have changed Lenire and/or its mode of action?
No, I am not referring to the current generation of Lenire at all, or even a slightly updated version of it. I do not have any insight into what Neuromod may be up to.

I am referring to the device Dr. Lim used to cure @kelpiemsp in the University of Minnesota thread. It's a completely different device that targets the IC and is similar (somewhat) to the Dr. Shore device in that it reduces neuronal hyperactivity. I think it's possible Neuromod may eventually cash in on the results of this device and develop it as a sort of "Lenire 2.0," though that is likely years away (if it ever happens).

I bought Lenire for $3800, hoping that it would relieve my tinnitus. I followed my doctor's advice and used it twice a day for 30 minutes. After four months, I had to stop because it made my tinnitus twice as bad as when I started. Lenire never says in its information that your tinnitus can get worse and stay worse. They only say that it might get worse for a short time. They do not offer any refunds if the device does not work.

I would say be very careful about spending all that money on a device that isn't guaranteed to be helpful.

Lenire has ruined my life. Imagine suffering from tinnitus for years, then you try a treatment that is supposed to help, but now your tinnitus is worse than before the treatment.
Thanks for posting your experience. It was generally sad to read. These people are legalised scammers hiding in academia.

Here's another article on Lenire that was published on NPR website just today. People see this and think it's some new treatment that will help their tinnitus.
Yes, it's frustrating to say the least. We posted this on our X just now:

lenire-twitter-npr.png

Does anybody know how long the mouthpiece lasts? I read that it should be replaced every half a year or so. Is this true? If so, how much should replacing it cost?

Does anybody know how long the mouthpiece lasts? I read that it should be replaced every half a year or so. Is this true? If so, how much should replacing it cost?
Page 11 of the user manual:
The Tonguetip has an expected service life of three years. It is recommended not to use the Tonguetip after this time period as the electrodes may not function as effectively.

The Tonguetip will expire after 180 cumulative hours of actual use. A new Tonguetip (Model TP-101) can be purchased from your prescribing healthcare professional.
I can't find the cost of the Tonguetip, but I think I vaguely remember about $100 USD.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now