Levetiracetam (Keppra) Worked for My Hyperacusis

Ouch, really!?

Yes. I had no fear..because I have no fear if sounds..so I'm feeling good, decide " today's the day I will vacuum!"

I felt my ears get full mid vacuuming and that was it..back to H hell and it never got as good as it was.prior to that time..Then it got bad..went on Valium for awhile, then nerve pain returned and H flared badly in September so off V and back onto clonazepam only now 2mg..

Yes. I had no fear..because I have no fear if sounds..so I'm feeling good, decide " today's the day I will vacuum!"

I felt my ears get full mid vacuuming and that was it..back to H hell and it never got as good as it was.prior to that time..Then it got bad..went on Valium for awhile, then nerve pain returned and H flared badly in September so off V and back onto clonazepam only now 2mg..

Benzo....the nightmare begins....

[Danny Boy, post: 111345, member: 5844"]I have a daughter and really, she's the reason I live. I honestly, don't know how long I would've lasted if I didn't have her.[/QUOTE]

Without mine I'd be setting the date.

@Danny Boy

without my kids I would live hard and fast until I couldn't take it anymore..then..

or I would try Keppra and Trobalt and whatever..

but yea, my kids have literally kept me alive.

Well, it's your hyperacusis that's worse than your tinnitus right? Well, hyperacusis seems to be able to be cured...If only it were that easy for tinnitus.

Well, it's your hyperacusis that's worse than your tinnitus right? Well, hyperacusis seems to be able to be cured...If only it were that easy for tinnitus.

Well its starting to reverse. .My T is worse so my H is worse..it used to be only my H that bothered me.

For instance when I would take an opiate (percocet) for pain my T would blast and my H would go through the roof..I couldn't even speak. .well I haven't taken a perc in quite awhile and that is how I feel daily now..

I am worse- T wise..so now if that doesn't calm down, I feel screwed.

Well I take clonazepam and at first it worked great! now it barely works :(

In the future I do believe there will be a drug...I really do.

Well, I know for sure trobalt works as a treatment, not a cure, but a treatment. Maybe it will be a permanent reduction, but I won't know until I come off of it.

Well its starting to reverse. .My T is worse so my H is worse..it used to be only my H that bothered me.

For instance when I would take an opiate (percocet) for pain my T would blast and my H would go through the roof..I couldn't even speak. .well I haven't taken a perc in quite awhile and that is how I feel daily now..

I am worse- T wise..so now if that doesn't calm down, I feel screwed.
Well, Viking did say, keppra could lower tinnitus...So could be a double whammy for you, who knows?

I hope so! How long will you stay on it?

Yea..some of us are rather unlucky I'm afraid.

It's not unlucky. I mean, who would know about half of these treatments if it wasn't for tt? This place is awesome, you do get some argumentative people though. I've had to defend keppra a heck of a lot, against naysayers.

Who knows..I took amitrip the other night as my ear was on fire..anyways for the day after my T was lower!..could of been a coincidence and it didn't last, but I will be trying again tonight!..
Amitriptyline can lower tinnitus, I heard nortriptyline is more effective though.

It's not unlucky. I mean, who would know about half of these treatments if it wasn't for tt? This place is awesome, you do get some argumentative people though. I've had to defend keppra a heck of a lot, against naysayers.

I just mean unlucky that many seem to get straight forward T and habituate..no H or mild H and it disapears over time..Yea TT is very educational. Great resource.

Oh yea? I could use less side effects. I will ask my doc for it.

From what I read, it reduces tinnitus by 10db which is a near 50% reduction. Plus, there's the less side-effects. It's not as great for sleep though, as it's not a benzo.

@Street Spirit

Why are you having a bad day ? what is your main complaint ?

You posted above

"Then I vacuumed, my ears got full and I've never recovered."

I just read your last post, are you saying that you hurt your ears after you used your vacuume cleaner ?

"Hoovering is dangerous business. lol"

Hoover Vacuume cleaner ?

Or, are you refering to getting your ears vaccumed out like, when the ENT removes the wax ?

I hope that your night goes better for you

Louie
Quietatnight

@Street Spirit

Why are you having a bad day ? what is your main complaint ?

You posted above

"Then I vacuumed, my ears got full and I've never recovered."

I just read your last post, are you saying that you hurt your ears after you used your vacuume cleaner ?

"Hoovering is dangerous business. lol"

Hoover Vacuume cleaner ?

Or, are you refering to getting your ears vaccumed out like, when the ENT removes the wax ?

I hope that your night goes better for you

Louie
Quietatnight

Just woke up with sizzling high pitch T @quietatnight so that was new and sucked(still there and I don't know why)..then had a stressful, busy day and by the time I got home my ears were spent.

I am just emotionally drained :( each setback gets harder to recover from (emotionally..)

I really have dreams and hopes and working on them, but with worsening ears I wonder is it futile?

Anyways, which brings me to Keppra.

I also have noticed in my 1.5 years of being on various boards..an observation. .it seems those on clonazepam or klonopin seem worse off...or do not recover. .I wonder if it messes with the brains ability to heal? H speaking..

oh @quietatnight

I'm serious about the vacuum. Believe it or not..mine is a crappy, high pitched one and for some reason, I never recovered back to where I was..which was almost non existent H..I have recovered, but never again to that place.

Not sure why..

You know I feel bad..I just imgained someone with ALS coming into this board and seeing these posts. .I wonder if they'd be
shocked or offended at our complaints..but the fact is, this stuff is really difficult to live with..and no one, unless they have had it, understands..

For some reason I just had a conscience check. .lol..

anyways I am sorry to be a downer. .I really get sick of it myself..and I don't post really when I feel better and I wish I had now..

If I get better I will do nothing but encourage people.

Love & Light (wellness) to all.

Good Night. X.

I want off my benzo. I wish I never upped my dose. I wonder if that is why I am worse.

Well, if you ever taper off of benzo it can mess with the gaba levels, that's why you always use campral to taper off, as it balances them.

You know I feel bad..I just imgained someone with ALS coming into this board and seeing these posts. .I wonder if they'd be
shocked or offended at our complaints..but the fact is, this stuff is really difficult to live with..and no one, unless they have had it, understands..

For some reason I just had a conscience check. .lol..

anyways I am sorry to be a downer. .I really get sick of it myself..and I don't post really when I feel better and I wish I had now..

If I get better I will do nothing but encourage people.

Love & Light (wellness) to all.

Good Night. X.

Check this out-

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/04/new-hope-for-treating-als/

http://bionews-tx.com/news/2014/04/14/epilepsy-drug-repurposed-for-treating-als-shows-promise/

Guess the drug? Yep, you got it right! Trobalt! Trobalt can help treat ALS.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now