Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Tinnitus — Experiences (Dr. Wilden, etc.)

Does anyone know if there would be any benefit to do 1 week therapy? If lllt is offered in Florida i might just go there for vacation and do treatments and go from there.
Maybe they teach how to use your own laser? Anyone ever tried Florida clinic?
Nobody can tell if u will react on LLLT or not.
Some seems not to for some reason!
But from the studis iv seen, this only comes down to about 20% of all people.
So if u are not wihin this group, then for sure u will benefit with only 5 days high dose.
This is the best way to kickstart the regeneration according to dr. Wilden.
I believe this to be very true from experience.

Useing your own laser is not hard as far as pointing the lasers ext.
This u can read in this thread by going back.
But u need the correct laser to begin with.
Not a weak one like tinnitool which is waste of time and money.
U minimum need something like Wildens laser or even better what Fernando is useing atm.
After that u need to know what poweroutput to use and for how long and for this u need to talk to some with expirence from either a clinic or in here.

Hi @Nick J.

I bought Luci from Amon Kaiser in Barden Barden. www.lumomed.de
He is Dr. Wilden's son. Someone recommended me to go there because he got very good results and also Amon has acquired new lasers. How it is different from Dr. Wilden's? But the one he uses is 1,500 to 3,000 mw. Forget to ask about the wavelength. I don't know. I emailed Dr. Wilden and he told that I don't need to do the intensive treatments, but recommend to buy Lux Spa. I decide to go to Amon's simply because of the recommendation from another T patient who has been treated by him with great results.

Luci is similar with Lux Spa, 650nm, 40mw each side. Rebecca uses the same one.

I will NOT give up treating. I will try it like you do, give it a full shot. The hard part is to manage my expectation. I am terrible dealing with chronic disease. I got anxious easily. That is why I come to the forum for support.
"Nick, do you still get anxious when the T spikes? How do you manage to overcome it and manage your expectation?"

I am curious about Lucky Star @FERNANDO GIL uses. Maybe a couple months down the road, I will buy one as well. Fernando please do keep us posted on your progress. I may also try to Anna's clinic to give it another push.

@bwspot

You can also try to call the number on the website. He will respond. Perhaps he is on vacation now.

I finally get a response. Sad part is i need to be in Florida. They don't seem to sell any devices.
I am considering the Lux Spa device instead, but i dont know if i need to see dr. Wilden first.

You don't need to see him first. I've emailed back and forth with him and he looked at my audiograms. I am very close to purchasing his product and following his treatment. I have noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus. I would be over the moon if his device can cure one of these.

@briano I may be interested in selling my MLS laser in a few weeks as I am still planning to try constructing a homemade one and bought this (secondhand) to get a feel for the treatment. I paid 900usd, looking for around the same. PM me if interested, no worries if not.

You don't need to see him first. I've emailed back and forth with him and he looked at my audiograms. I am very close to purchasing his product and following his treatment. I have noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus. I would be over the moon if his device can cure one of these.
I was talking about the Florida clinic. I would have to fly there.

But Dr Wilden responded to me and explained everything. He was very helpful.
I am close to getting the device also. If i loose i loose, but at least i wont regret that i did not try.
For me it is important to regain frequencies i lost. I love the details in high frequencies so much that i must give it a try.

I was talking about the Florida clinic. I would have to fly there.

But Dr Wilden responded to me and explained everything. He was very helpful.
I am close to getting the device also. If i loose i loose, but at least i wont regret that i did not try.
For me it is important to regain frequencies i lost. I love the details in high frequencies so much that i must give it a try.

I agree! I plan to document my audiograms and progress after I get the laser.

You can buy a 650nm 150mW laser diode for about $40.

A full unit costs $105.

I can't a good reason why I couldn't purchase the full unit, take the collimator and focussing components out of the front so it's defocussed and doesn't burn a hole through my head, and hold it up to my ear for a couple of weeks.

I'm willing to give it a shot to test LLLT. What do we think?

i looked around for these too..
honestly i feel the wave length that lllt laser companies make are purely based on what lasers [wavelength] available in market. 100mw of focused laser sure can burn a hole or least cause some damage.
All the talk about high power, right frequency and stuff make me very double full of the whole lllt thing for ears/tinnitus.

http://www.lux-spa-ibiza.com/index.php/en/inner-ear-laser/product/35-lux-spa-home-laser-by-dr-wilden
i see doctor wilden unit is a bit fancy one which can do some extra things other than just glow, [timer and stuff].

https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?sou...06&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=658+nm+laser+diode
but when i google for wave length of the diode used, it shows up all over the place. basically its a laser torch with some additional functions.
if i put enough effort i surely can replicate a model which can work or even with some additional functions and probably hell lot cheaper, this is my pov as engineer.

You can buy a 650nm 150mW laser diode for about $40.

A full unit costs $105.

I can't a good reason why I couldn't purchase the full unit, take the collimator and focussing components out of the front so it's defocussed and doesn't burn a hole through my head, and hold it up to my ear for a couple of weeks.

I'm willing to give it a shot to test LLLT. What do we think?

After reading it all I am confused. If I would like to give a laser a try which one to get? Dr.Wilden offered the home model and claims success with it. Ateos claims you need more power. Dr.Wilden helps with treatment and guides you while using his home version which for me is great as I don't have time for science, but is very expensive. So hard to make a decision.

This what an 100mw 650 nm laster can do
100mW 650nm Red Laser Burning:
If at all you want to try buy a low powered one.
After reading it all I am confused. If I would like to give a laser a try which one to get? Dr.Wilden offered the home model and claims success with it. Ateos claims you need more power. Dr.Wilden helps with treatment and guides you while using his home version which for me is great as I don't have time for science, but is very expensive. So hard to make a decision.

It's the beam focus doing that. The ones in the photos from Anne etc all have a wide spot. That's the only difference.

@attheedgeofscience
Based on your experience with dr. Wilden do you believe that his home device can help restore some hearing or it does not have enough power to do so? You said many times that power does matter. Also his home device uses only one wavelength. I have this device in mind:
http://www.lux-spa-ibiza.com/index.php/en/inner-ear-laser/product/35-lux-spa-home-laser-by-dr-wilden
2500euro is a huge investment and I need to justify it somehow to make sure I am not falling into trap or scam if any.

At this point I want hearing back and tinnitus relief would be a freebie if that happens as a side effect.

The lasers has focusing lens in front of the assembly. If you remove or adjust them it becomes a wide spot.. which is nothing more than bright led.. without that focusing mechanism they are not laser. How focused a beam is determine how powerful it is.

definition of laser:
a device that generates an intense beam of coherent monochromatic light (or other electromagnetic radiation) by stimulated emission of photons from excited atoms or molecules.

From my understanding light/radiation both as cummutive effect. Strength and duration both plays part. In essence strong beam in a short period of time = low power beam for long period of time.
Like video The match stick will burn if it gets enough heat (aka energy) from beam. Same goes for our ears, if not careful you might do more damage than good.
@attheedgeofscience my Intention is not to decredit lllt. I simply want to warn consequence of using high power lasers.

It's the beam focus doing that. The ones in the photos from Anne etc all have a wide spot. That's the only difference.

@attheedgeofscience
Based on your experience with dr. Wilden do you believe that his home device can help restore some hearing or it does not have enough power to do so? You said many times that power does matter. Also his home device uses only one wavelength. I have this device in mind:
2500euro is a huge investment and I need to justify it somehow to make sure I am not falling into trap or scam if any.

At this point I want hearing back and tinnitus relief would be a freebie if that happens as a side effect.
I see ateos must be busy so anyone else has any thoughts?

So after exchanging few emails with Dr.Wilden, I was told that Dr.Wildens device will provide enough power for the time of the treatment at home. I am struggling to make a decision especially after reading all the debates on the forum. What matters the most is to regain some hearing I lost now and this is why I hope so much for laser therapy. The hardest part is I must swallow 3000$. I really don't know how to go about this.

I agree! I plan to document my audiograms and progress after I get the laser
Pelasse post one before starting the tretament. I pretende to start a thread just with results compilations of the LLLT, so I´m asking you any other to have them posted here or at least make one for future studies, That I´, really considering.

hat matters the most is to regain some hearing I lost now and this is why I hope so much for laser therapy.
You do not decruasse T if you don´t gain hearing, the questions is always if the gainning is enouph.

I said here already, that maybe starting with Dr Wilden would not be the best. I started there and have him in greta consideretion and of corse if I feel better now, I own him everyhthing. But as most of us do live in tight budget. I would recombed you the folwing.
Consider a trip to Norway to Anne Harilla clinic, there you will have 5 sessões with really high power laser, to you would know right there if LLLT works for you, Then for 1500 USD you can buy a more power laser from China. The brand is called Lucky laser, Anne use them and is the one I´m using. maybe you will spend a little more money that 3000 USD ( depende on price flights ) but that way you know right away if LLLT will work or not before spending 3000 USD.

Once again , I do not want to say that is better tretating T with Anne Harilla as Dr Wilden, this advice is only based, on what you can do with same amount of money.

When you have a chance and if you canor want, can we see your audigram.
Sheers

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, THAT TOMOROW I´M LEAVING TO NORWAY FOR A SECOND TRETAMENT.
I will be going with a Portuguese lady that started LLLT one month ago. I will post her audiogram as well. I know she made one just 2 days ago.

I will keep you all posted, and compare reactions to this second tretament with the first. I pretende to go back on March again, it will be 9 months after start the LLLT in June last year. Once again I will see if reaction is stronger, as Hansi describes in his blog.

After "2 best days ever", today my T is back up, and had some " zingres" same as after SC and LLLT treatments.
I´m happy they still happen, means something is going on. Actualy my "2 best days ever" came after one of the worst night sleep I had for a wille. So always remember, it goes up before going down.

Sheers all.

So after exchanging few emails with Dr.Wilden, I was told that Dr.Wildens device will provide enough power for the time of the treatment at home. I am struggling to make a decision especially after reading all the debates on the forum. What matters the most is to regain some hearing I lost now and this is why I hope so much for laser therapy. The hardest part is I must swallow 3000$. I really don't know how to go about this.

I know that it is a lot of money. I've been on the fence about buying it for a while too. However, I've finally decided to give Dr. Wilden's laser a chance. I really want to be proactive and try to regain some of my hearing loss. I've read a few success stories on this site and they have made me feel more comfortable about making the purchase. I will be posting my audiogram before I start the treatment and then while I'm being treated. If you'd like, you could wait to see my progress before you make the purchase. The only problem with that is time. Most people don't get results until a few months after using the laser. I don't know if you really want to wait that long or not.

You do not decruasse T if you don´t gain hearing, the questions is always if the gainning is enouph.

I said here already, that maybe starting with Dr Wilden would not be the best. I started there and have him in greta consideretion and of corse if I feel better now, I own him everyhthing. But as most of us do live in tight budget. I would recombed you the folwing.
Consider a trip to Norway to Anne Harilla clinic, there you will have 5 sessões with really high power laser, to you would know right there if LLLT works for you, Then for 1500 USD you can buy a more power laser from China. The brand is called Lucky laser, Anne use them and is the one I´m using. maybe you will spend a little more money that 3000 USD ( depende on price flights ) but that way you know right away if LLLT will work or not before spending 3000 USD.

Once again , I do not want to say that is better tretating T with Anne Harilla as Dr Wilden, this advice is only based, on what you can do with same amount of money.

When you have a chance and if you canor want, can we see your audigram.
Sheers
That might be a good idea although accommodation and flight might cost a lot. How much are her treatments? Is audiogram part of her sessions? Dr. Wilden claims that his laser is special when it comes to the treatment.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now