• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Meclizine (Postafen, Bonine) Helped a Guy to Cure Tinnitus

I can't imagine it really works that great otherwise this thread would be pinned and still active. That said, I might give it a go as it seems easily available and doesn't seem to cost much for one try

I'm going to give Meclizine/niacin a try. 500 mg niacin and 50 mg meclizine 9:20 pm. Wish me luck.

25 mg meclizine this am no results yet... except that I'm tired.

10:45 pm, 500 mg niacin and 50 mg meclizine. No results yet.

Curve Ball from left field..not making it up...Mayo Clinic report... those with deviated septums likely to have Tinnitus..caught me off guard as well...When we first get Tinnitus we readf and aread etc.. ran into that posted statement..
What?i have a deviated septum like really bad , I'm getting it corrected in a couple of months.

Here is something that is interesting and I figured I would get your feedback. I have used Meclizine 3 different times in the past 3 years, each time on the night before where I had loud T. The next day I woke up with a lot lower tinnitus. However, I had a side effect of being very drowsy. It did calm me down a bit too I guess. Don't think it is a placebo effect either. The weird thing is though, if I took it the next day, no real effect on my tinnitus. I guess in the future maybe I will see what happens if I have a flare up. Meclizine is real cheap at Costco and it is over the counter. Otherwise you have to get it in a box. It is for motion sickness. I think you can get medicine at Costco without a membership.

Anyone tried this? I don't really like taking it for the drowsy part but it did lower my T those three days which was nice.

Okay, I have tinnitus from multiple sources but on several occasions at night in the past few years I took 25mg meclizine and woke up with lower T.

It seemed to reduce the T that I got from benzo use and anti-depressant and stress induced T. I never got it to work two days in a row so I forgot about it for the most part. In the past 24 hours I took melatonin (sublingual) and chewable meclizine. I went to sleep maybe around an hour later. When I woke up I had low T.

It has been low for a while. I was thinking about trying it again with melatonin and see if it would do the same thing. It may not. I figured I would let you all know this though in case you want to try it.

Keep in mind, if you do, you will wake up kind of groggy.

I used Spring Valley melatonin chewable tablets. I can't remember if it was .75 or 1.5mg. I didn't take the full 3mg tablet. I would think that most brands of melatonin would work though. The sublingual are the best though for me since they are faster acting.

The meclizine tablets brand is called "Rugby" and say "Travel Sickness" on the bottle.

Obviously, the least amount of medication taken that would work would be best. I figured I would put this out there in case someone wanted to try it.

Not sure if either one of these things is good to take long term though. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Next time I use meclizine I'll pay attention to my T, to see if I experience something similar.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Next time I use meclizine I'll pay attention to my T, to see if I experience something similar.
No problem. It's only worked for me after waking up from sleep though for whatever reason. It seemed to work again this morning but I went back to sleep after waking and then woke up with about the regular tinnitus volume.

Just to let you know. I gave it a try in agreement with my Doctor. I took Meclizine (Agyrax in France) 50 mg per day (1 pill 25 mg in the morning, 1 pill 25 mg before going to bed) during 1 month. No effect on tinnitus, no side effect.

Hi Karen , hi everyone, long time ! Sorry I haven't been online. Hope everyone is doing better. I'm much better too,
Been drinking a lot of chaga mushroom tea all day ! Also ' Five mushroom blend ' powder brand ' new earth organic s'.
Tinnitus is much much better, though hasnt disappeared !
My sister in Pakistan says a lot of people have been cured of tinnitus lately by this medicine called ' TRICRDIN'.
I haven't tried it yet, please due your own research and due diligence.
Love to Karen, Marku and all xx

In the States this med is antivert, over the counter or motion sickness and meniere's and vertigo I went to the hospital for ear infection feeling imbalance doctor told me to get this I never got it because I don't know what to believe anymore but you can buy it over the counter

Hi all, got excited about this and started looking into the various ways to get some meclizine but every kind I found contains either aspartame or saccharine and since every kind of artificial sweetener reallllly spikes my T I can't do it.

That might be why some of you who tried it didn't get good results. The Rugby brand, for example, has aspartame. Glutamates are known to cause spikes, so combining a glutamate with a suppressant just equals a wash.

Is there something on the market that's just meclizine without glutamate added?

My mom's friend was prescribed antivert for allergies, sinus, and mild dizziness and her tinnitus is now very mild she says. She has been taking it for about two months. She had moderate/severe tinnitus (it affected her sleep), but doesn't know the cause as it came on suddenly but thinks it is noise induced as she likes to go to concerts.

My mom's friend was prescribed antivert for allergies, sinus, and mild dizziness and her tinnitus is now very mild she says. She has been taking it for about two months. She had moderate/severe tinnitus (it affected her sleep), but doesn't know the cause as it came on suddenly but thinks it is noise induced as she likes to go to concerts.
Sounds like hers could have had an allergy/eustachian tube component.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now