MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I have been lurking on this site for the last 4 months now, keeping up to date with Neuromod and the MuteButton.

I am in Canada, and have horrible tinnitus. Is there any possible way you guys could help me get my hands on one? I don't wanna have to make a trip to Ireland :(

If any of you could help me get this device in my hands, you'd be my own personal saviour.

I don't wanna suffer anymore... =\

Hey guys! I have been lurking on this site for the last 4 months now, keeping up to date with Neuromod and the MuteButton.

I am in Canada, and have horrible tinnitus. Is there any possible way you guys could help me get my hands on one? I don't wanna have to make a trip to Ireland :(

If any of you could help me get this device in my hands, you'd be my own personal saviour.

I don't wanna suffer anymore... =\
Join the queue bud, we all want one as well.

Is there any possible way you guys could help me get my hands on one? I don't wanna have to make a trip to Ireland
You don't want to give strangers money in exchange for a promise to mail the device to you. It is also a bad idea for the Irish to pay for a device and to mail it to people in other countries in exchange for a promise to receive compensation once the package arrives.

You don't want to give strangers money in exchange for a promise to mail the device to you. It is also a bad idea for the Irish to pay for a device and to mail it to people in other countries in exchange for a promise to receive compensation once the package arrives.
Also getting through customs is not exactly guaranteed for medical devices.

I'm hoping the company can somehow mail me a device via order. If not, then I'll have to go and get one. I could get an audiologist here to do a 16kz test and then one over there could set the device to my audiogram.

600$ for two flights I guess will be worth it, I'd rather spend that then wait another year or two for it to come to Canada.

I mean they said US is calendar year 2019? Our approval process over here in Canada is even slower.

I sincerely hope we can all get this device in our hands as soon as possible. If it means we gotta go to Ireland or the UK, then I guess it's worth it.

The CEO says the device would only be available through audiologists. An audiologist would know how to configure the device and follow up. I appreciate the initiative some people have and their no holds barred approach to this, but how exactly do people think they are going to get their hands on a device so they can just take it home? I was looking forward to several months over there.

I'm hoping the company can somehow mail me a device via order. If not, then I'll have to go and get one. I could get an audiologist here to do a 16kz test and then one over there could set the device to my audiogram.

600$ for two flights I guess will be worth it, I'd rather spend that then wait another year or two for it to come to Canada.

I mean they said US is calendar year 2019? Our approval process over here in Canada is even slower.

I sincerely hope we can all get this device in our hands as soon as possible. If it means we gotta go to Ireland or the UK, then I guess it's worth it.
If Neuromod doesn't have permission to sell the device in your country they certainly aren't dropping one in the mail.

If Neuromod doesn't have permission to sell the device in your country they certainly aren't dropping one in the mail.
The CEO says the device would only be available through audiologists. An audiologist would know how to configure the device and follow up.
I wonder whether it would be possible to come to an audiologist in Ireland or the US (I don't live in the US) and get them to give you that device.

Most likely. Either way I'm going there and getting one. Not suffering for another year via bureaucracy because Health Canada is understaffed. Always wanted to go the UK/Ireland anyway.

Thankfully Canada doesn't have US customs and are pretty chill with medical devices.

Most likely. Either way I'm going there and getting one. Not suffering for another year via bureaucracy because Health Canada is understaffed. Always wanted to go the UK/Ireland anyway.

Thankfully Canada doesn't have US customs and are pretty chill with medical devices.
Count me in. I am from Canada too. I am suffering so bad. I don't think I can wait a year.

If this can meet an unmet need and the data is good, why can't the FDA just let Americans buy this thing over the internet?

ATA?

Maybe demanding the FDA approve this once it's approved over in Britain should be a point for us to protest? Organize? Advocate?

It's sad that Susan Shore has been so terribly slow to test her device and bring it to the market. She has been working on it for such a long time and, assuming her and Neuromod's device can achieve similar results, she and the University of Michigan will miss out on the initial financial windfall that awaits the early bird.

I guess it's indicative of the lack of seriousness or importance placed on tinnitus and its research. If Neuromod's device is the real deal, then the suits in the finance department at the University of Michigan can now quietly watch the rivers of gold flowing to Ireland.

Count me in. I am from Canada too. I am suffering so bad. I don't think I can wait a year.

I'm with you Eric, heck they don't even know when it's launching in the UK/Ireland yet. Back in December they were saying January but now it looks as if it's going to be February/March now.

If they're farting around that much in Europe, how much worse is it going to be for us Canadians?

Ross O Neil also seemed to imply that they were 'aiming' for calendar year 2019 for the US launch. 'Aiming' doesn't necessarily imply that it's set in stone. He really hesitated in the review when the international sales/US date came up, at least from how I can read faces. I don't blame O Neil or Neuromod. The FDA and Health Canada are immensely understaffed and have a ton of things to approve, I'm just not willing to sit around and wait for the Bureaucracy for 1-2 years...

In the end, the FDA is understaffed and this is the first tinnitus treatment of its kind. As O Neil stated in the FAQ. They're going to strip search this device because it's the first of its kind. Minnesota and Susan Shore(Michigan) aren't going to be on the market for a couple more years. And Neuromod could very well have both them beat.

At this point, a 5 hour flight to London or Dublin and a few hundred dollars really seems like it'll spare us a ton of suffering.

I always wanted a trip to Europe anyway...

I'm with you Eric, heck they don't even know when it's launching in the UK/Ireland yet. Back in December they were saying January but now it looks as if it's going to be February/March now.
I wonder what is holding them up? I wish they could make a statement on the reason.

It's sad that Susan Shore has been so terribly slow to test her device and bring it to the market. She has been working on it for such a long time and, assuming her and Neuromod's device can achieve similar results, she and the University of Michigan will miss out on the initial financial windfall that awaits the early bird.

I guess it's indicative of the lack of seriousness or importance placed on tinnitus and its research. If Neuromod's device is the real deal, then the suits in the finance department at the University of Michigan can now quietly watch the rivers of gold flowing to Ireland.
Haha she wants to keep the research money coming in and her paycheck coming in.

She's probably rich or very well off as it is -- why ruin that. Research money is a sure thing.

How long has she been doing research on tinnitus? Do you think it would take this long if she had tinnitus? The world at large has no idea how bad tinnitus can be.

If they're farting around that much in Europe, how much worse is it going to be for us Canadians?

Ross O Neil also seemed to imply that they were 'aiming' for calendar year 2019 for the US launch. 'Aiming' doesn't necessarily imply that it's set in stone. He really hesitated in the review when the international sales/US date came up, at least from how I can read faces. I don't blame O Neil or Neuromod. The FDA and Health Canada are immensely understaffed and have a ton of things to approve, I'm just not willing to sit around and wait for the Bureaucracy for 1-2 years...

In the end, the FDA is understaffed and this is the first tinnitus treatment of its kind. As O Neil stated in the FAQ. They're going to strip search this device because it's the first of its kind. Minnesota and Susan Shore(Michigan) aren't going to be on the market for a couple more years. And Neuromod could very well have both them beat.

At this point, a 5 hour flight to London or Dublin and a few hundred dollars really seems like it'll spare us a ton of suffering.

I always wanted a trip to Europe anyway...
Does Neuromod have a money back guarantee or something?

There was a tonne of this positivity for Autifony, Auris Medical, ACRN (Acoustic Coordinated Reset Neuromodulation)...

I can't help but feel negative that this may NOT be the Holy Grail for tinnitus. How many times have I had my hopes up only to be bitterly disappointed.

There was a tonne of this positivity for Autifony, Auris Medical, ACRN (Acoustic Coordinated Reset Neuromodulation)...

I can't help but feel negative that this may NOT be the Holy Grail for tinnitus. How many times have I had my hopes up only to be bitterly disappointed.
Hmm I know what you mean but at least there are testimonies from people who have had good results with this bimodal stimulation thing.

Did anyone report similar positive results with the devices you mentioned?

Haha she wants to keep the research money coming in and her paycheck coming in.

She's probably rich or very well off as it is -- why ruin that. Research money is a sure thing.

How long has she been doing research on tinnitus? Do you think it would take this long if she had tinnitus? The world at large has no idea how bad tinnitus can be.
My understanding is she is tenured. Her salary is not at risk if this fails or not.

I wonder whether it would be possible to come to an audiologist in Ireland or the US (I don't live in the US) and get them to give you that device.
That's the plan. Going to get appointment with audiologist that provides Neuromod, fly over there for an appointment and bring it home. It's not covered by insurance in any way so not an option for some.

I may insist on a pre-appointment call remotely though to talk through my goals with them. Pretty normal when going international for health care.

Hmm I know what you mean but at least there are testimonies from people who have had good results with this bimodal stimulation thing.

Did anyone report similar positive results with the devices you mentioned?
I remember have seen people post success with things like LLLT, one saying Auris Medical's AM-101 was "their saviour", things like that.

Don't get me wrong Sam I am cautiously optimistic, but I've read about tinnitus research over the last 10 years and nothing as of yet has proved efficacy especially in a large number of tinnitus patients.

Only time will tell if neuromodulation is the way forward for tinnitus treatment.

I wish them all the success because Ross O'Neill deserves it if his company brings relief to millions worldwide.

Sorry for my lack of research, but is this anything promising? I live somewhat close to Ireland and have the €2-3k to spend on it. If somebody from this forum wants to come to Europe and use the device as well that's no problem. But, I hear people are not very optimistic about it? And I assume it's not for sale yet either.

This is the first treatment I'm really excited about, gosh I hope it is a success. Better start saving for a ticket to Ireland, I doubt it will reach Australia anytime soon

Watching Dr. Lim on Neuromod and explaining how it works through driving plasticity.

My question though, if your tinnitus is caused by damaged hearing even with a normal audiogram, wouldn't this reverse back to tinnitus as the brain 'makes up for the lost input" again driving the brain to recreate the phantom sound?

I'm personally waiting before releasing any money for the evidence base to build up and see testimonials from Tinnitus Talk members who have been here a while.

Shouldn't this be first page news if it's that good?

My question though, if your tinnitus is caused by damaged hearing even with a normal audiogram, wouldn't this reverse back to tinnitus as the brain 'makes up for the lost input" again driving the brain to recreate the phantom sound?

It probably will, but slowly. It seems (based on Neuromod's and Dr Susan Shore's statements) that 10-12 weeks of treatment can set up changes that last for 50+ weeks. After that we'll probably be able to just repeat the treatment.

I'm personally waiting before releasing any money for the evidence base to build up and see testimonials from Tinnitus Talk members who have been here a while.

Shouldn't this be first page news if it's that good?
The thing is not on the market yet. When it is, there will be testimonials from members and it will be front-page news. I'll probably be one of the first and I plan to write an ongoing journal here of my experiences.

Sorry for my lack of research, but is this anything promising? I live somewhat close to Ireland and have the €2-3k to spend on it. If somebody from this forum wants to come to Europe and use the device as well that's no problem. But, I hear people are not very optimistic about it? And I assume it's not for sale yet either.
On the contrary. I think lots of people on this board are optimistic about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now