MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people affected have it in a mild form.
Is that objectively true, or is it that most people suffer in a closeted state? I know I do. Every single time I fill out a job application with the disability question I hesitate before I say no, but I say no, due to the fear of stigma, and it took me years to "come out" to my family about this.

Is that objectively true, or is it that most people suffer in a closeted state? I know I do. Every single time I fill out a job application with the disability question I hesitate before I say no, but I say no, due to the fear of stigma, and it took me years to "come out" to my family about this.
I don't know. When I talk about my tinnitus, some people usually say "Hey, I have it too" but then they say that it's maskable with the TV or some music. Mild cases, you know...

Isn't MuteButton the same company as Neuromod?
MuteButton was the name of the device when it was shortly released in 2014. The company is Neuromod that made it and will be releasing a similar but better product in 2019.

Does Neuromod have a money back guarantee or something?
No. How could they, when they haven't announced how this device will be brought to market, let alone how much it will cost?

When they did MuteButton version 1 in 2014, they were charging c.£2500, and then later tacked on a thing where you got £1000 back if it didn't work for you.

There's now way they could offer a money back promise at present, as there is no way of objectively measuring tinnitus. Unscrupulous individuals could pay the money, get their tinnitus fixed and then say 'hey, it didn't work, I want my money back!'

No. How could they, when they haven't announced how this device will be brought to market, let alone how much it will cost?

When they did MuteButton version 1 in 2014, they were charging c.£2500, and then later tacked on a thing where you got £1000 back if it didn't work for you.

There's now way they could offer a money back promise at present, as there is no way of objectively measuring tinnitus. Unscrupulous individuals could pay the money, get their tinnitus fixed and then say 'hey, it didn't work, I want my money back!'
Pretty sure anyone who had their tinnitus cured like a miracle would surely keep the device knowing there's always a chance of it coming back, unless they're completely broke or their tinnitus was a 1/10 to begin with.

Pretty sure anyone who had their tinnitus cured like a miracle would surely keep the device knowing there's always a chance of it coming back, unless they're completely broke or their tinnitus was a 1/10 to begin with.
Exactly, I plan on doing a 12 week course every year, even when it completely cures me. I intend to have silence until a proper root cure is found.

How much will they be going for on eBay 1 month after launch?
I'm sure there will be a lot of Chinese knockoffs floating around, I don't think the hardware/software will be hard to reverse-engineer.

However I'm most certainly going with the original on this one.

First, as Dr Shore's research has shown, tiny errors in signal timing can actually train the brain to AMPLIFY tinnitus instead of decreasing it. Trying to save money on equipment that we're literally interfacing with our nervous systems would not be smart.

Second, we NEED to reward companies who are active in the tinnitus space. We've been sitting around praying for a treatment for years. When someone finally delivers one, it would unethical, stupid, and just plain wrong to try to avoid paying them for it. Yes, 500-2500 euros is not a trivial amount of money, but it's not unreasonable either. And I personally would sell my soul for a working treatment, so I'm delighted that Neuromod just wants a few hundred bucks instead.

I'm of the same line of thinking, it's a shame that this is something they must consider. If this fully works for me they can have a blank cheque with my name on it, it'd be worth it. :ROFL:

I'm sure there will be a lot of Chinese knockoffs floating around, I don't think the hardware/software will be hard to reverse-engineer.

However I'm most certainly going with the original on this one.

First, as Dr Shore's research has shown, tiny errors in signal timing can actually train the brain to AMPLIFY tinnitus instead of decreasing it. Trying to save money on equipment that we're literally interfacing with our nervous systems would not be smart.

Second, we NEED to reward companies who are active in the tinnitus space. We've been sitting around praying for a treatment for years. When someone finally delivers one, it would unethical, stupid, and just plain wrong to try to avoid paying them for it. Yes, 500-2500 euros is not a trivial amount of money, but it's not unreasonable either. And I personally would sell my soul for a working treatment, so I'm delighted that Neuromod just wants a few hundred bucks instead.
I have messed with signal timing and concur that you can, in fact, amplify tinnitus.

I have to chuckle at this statement. Frequency Therapeutics has some guinea pigs they think they restored hearing in and a donated human cochlea attached to nothing and you are convinced it is the absolute answer to tinnitus. So much so that you feel the need to come over to this forum and comment on anybody's post that shows optimism for this device.

The only data Frequency Therapeutics has released that has anything to do with a living human is that it can be injected into an ear and not kill them. That's all.

Ya I was on it. It can improve it. I have two sounds to my tinnitus white noise sound which is quite soft and very tolerable and I also have a 9200hz pitch which is the annoying part of it - depending on my mood (I am getting more and more used to it in fairness). The device quietened the high pitch part often. I used to listen to the device for an hour before bed. Straight after I take it off it sounded different and then when I used to lie down and just before I would fall asleep the high pitch often stopped. I reckon if I had it for a few months and kept doing this I could actually help reduce my tinnitus.
Fascinating...

Just reminding everyone that messing with neuroplasticity can have serious serious consequences. Please don't mess with you brain on your own. Let the professionals handle it!

Yeah that's super interesting. Maybe a sign that Neuromod's device will work after all?

I think we already knew that these devices work or have some impact at some level.
Just reminding everyone that messing with neuroplasticity can have serious serious consequences. Please don't mess with you brain on your own. Let the professionals handle it!

FWIW. I never told anyone to do this or how to do this. :)

MuteButton was the name of the device when it was shortly released in 2014. The company is Neuromod that made it and will be releasing a similar but better product in 2019.
I had no idea they had a device that didn't work released in 2014. I don't like the sound of that. How do we know that they won't just repeat what they did in 2014?!

I had no idea they had a device that didn't work released in 2014. I don't like the sound of that. How do we know that they won't just repeat what they did in 2014?!
No, it didn't not work. They pulled it to refocus their money on more clinical trials... mainly so it can be picked up in more places than just Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now