MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I've been trying to catch up a bit on the forum, also since my tinnitus has skyrocketed a few weeks ago and making it very hard for me to cope with.

This device seems to bring a lot of hope.

Are there good reasons this time to be so excited? We have been disappointed quite a few times in the past, I don't want to get my hopes too high unless this is a major breakthrough, but I can't decide if it really is.

Also I guess nobody has any idea when this would be available in Europe?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked over and over again, just watched the video and catching up on all that.

Cheers

Hi guys,
I've been trying to catch up a bit on the forum, also since my tinnitus has skyrocketed a few weeks ago and making it very hard for me to cope with.

This device seems to bring a lot of hope.

Are there good reasons this time to be so excited? We have been disappointed quite a few times in the past, I don't want to get my hopes too high unless this is a major breakthrough, but I can't decide if it really is.

Also I guess nobody has any idea when this would be available in Europe?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked over and over again, just watched the video and catching up on all that.

Cheers
It's been tested on 500 patients with 80% reporting improvement, with 2/3's reporting clinically significant improvement.

It's a growing area and not just limited to Ireland, but both in Michigan and Minnesota have had some good success with it.

Unfortunately with any new treatment device, only time will tell. They are focusing now to see what patient subtypes will benefit most. They aren't scam artists, they have poured a lot of investor money into clinical trials to prove its efficacy.

Should be out early this year.

It's been tested on 500 patients with 80% reporting improvement, with 2/3's reporting clinically significant improvement.

It's a growing area and not just limited to Ireland, but both in Michigan and Minnesota have had some good success with it.

Unfortunately with any new treatment device, only time will tell. They are focusing now to see what patient subtypes will benefit most. They aren't scam artists, they have poured a lot of investor money into clinical trials to prove its efficacy.

Hate to be pedantic, but the latest trial had 326 participants - or was it 362? Either way, it wasn't 500 - I think that number has come from the total amount that have gone through their trials, including the latest & earlier ones.

Also, I might have missed this, but they haven't confirmed whether the 2/3rds who reported 'clinically significant improvement' was 2/3rd's of the total trial cohort (that is 2/3rds of the 326/362) or 2/3rds of the 80% who reported some improvement. It makes a big difference to the numbers.

Lies, damned lies & statistics.

Thanks.

Are you sure about the "early" this year?

I really pray I won't be part of the 20%... generally I'm the type of guy with whom nothing works!

Hate to be pedantic, but the latest trial had 326 participants - or was it 362? Either way, it wasn't 500 - I think that number has come from the total amount that have gone through their trials, including the latest & earlier ones.

Also, I might have missed this, but they haven't confirmed whether the 2/3rds who reported 'clinically significant improvement' was 2/3rd's of the total trial cohort (that is 2/3rds of the 326/362) or 2/3rds of the 80% who reported some improvement. It makes a big difference to the numbers.

Their TENT-A1 trial had 326 participants and their TENT-A2 had 192 participants which is probably where they got the 500+ from. The 12-month follow up for the TENT-A2 is still ongoing I believe.

As said in the Q&A, in the total sample 80% showed improvement. In the same sample 67% showed statistically significant improvement. This means that it didn't work for 20%, 13% showed improvement and 67% showed statistically significant improvement.

Someone on a Facebook support group reported she was on this trial and it did not work for her. :-(
I guess just like any treatment, we will most likely hear from the ones on which it didn't work.

Personally, if I was cured from tinnitus, I would get out of the tinnitus world as quickly as possible. Sounds selfish, but this thing is debilitating enough to have to endure more.

Personally, if I was cured from tinnitus, I would get out of the tinnitus world as quickly as possible. Sounds selfish, but this thing is debilitating enough to have to endure more.
It is very selfish. The least you can do is spend 5 minutes telling us here you were cured!

I guess just like any treatment, we will most likely hear from the ones on which it didn't work.

Ya I know a lot of people would. I would share my story and give support to new people. But I'd be out making up for memories lost.

Facebook gives a very scewed image, or the internet in general. Those who are cured are likely to just move on with their lives. The select few who didn't have improvement are more likely to go online and rant.

Honestly, it's best not to read anyone's testimonials at all IMO. They have no bearing on if it will work for me. So mind as well not stress myself out.

I've already been through that with surgery. Reading horror stories online only adds to your stress and anxiety.

Someone on a Facebook support group reported she was on this trial and it did not work for her. :-(
That's fine. Maybe a longer treatment would have helped. Maybe the timing wasn't right. Maybe it just couldn't help her. I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another until this is tangible and we have some first hand stories.

That's fine. Maybe a longer treatment would have helped. Maybe the timing wasn't right. Maybe it just couldn't help her. I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another until this is tangible and we have some first hand stories.
You never know if all the patients stuck to the regimen too. Some of them may have slacked off or skipped days. It's impossible to tell if everyone is following directions properly.

Maybe she only did 15 minutes instead of 30-60 mins a day.

You never know if all the patients stuck to the regimen too. Some of them may have slacked off or skipped days. It's impossible to tell if everyone is following directions properly.

Maybe she only did 15 minutes instead of 30-60 mins a day.
No that's not impossible to tell, in the Q&A Ross O'Neill said that the trial devices had sensors that kept track of the usage of the device and if people stuck to the regimen.

No that's not impossible to tell, in the Q&A Ross O'Neill said that the trial devices had sensors that kept track of the usage of the device and if people stuck to the regimen.
Maybe some people left the device on while idle. You never know ;)

Perhaps she just needed longer treatment. Not all tinnitus is created equal. Mine is quite mild. Hers could have been severe.

She said she was in the trial in 2016 so I guess that would be the TENT-A1 study.

@duder12 also reported the Minnesota trial did not work for him.

Sorry to pass the news, there's a lot of quackery in the tinnitus world, so Neuromod if you're reading this, we will be relying on personal testimonials from long term Tinnitus Talk members if this device works or not.

I am a developer. I constructed some hardware. The secret is in the timing though and I could not re-create that consistently.
Can you elaborate? I don't understand "the timing". The timing of what? Maybe I need a cup of coffee...brb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now