MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also plan to reserve a doctor's appointment & flight tickets the minute this becomes available. Anecdotal evidence for and against a product is nice, but what matters for me is hard science, and Neuromod has that. I'll be more than happy to risk a few hundred euros for a 80+% chance of improving my tinnitus.

I'll do a journal thread here so if anyone's interested you'll be able to follow along :)

I'll be more than happy to risk a few hundred euros for a 80+% chance of improving my tinnitus.
Where are you getting the few hundred euros from?

Last time it was €2500 (which already is more than a few hundred euros), and I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the price this time around (seeing a lot more work, time and money has now gone into this second round).

Where are you getting the few hundred euros from?

Last time it was €2500 (which already is more than a few hundred euros), and I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the price this time around (seeing a lot more work, time and money has now gone into this second round).

I think there was a post a while back on this thread which speculated that it might be lower than that this time around. Just a figure of speech.

If it actually comes out at €4000 for example, I'll probably sit down and think a bit. But to be honest, a real chance at controlling the noise is almost priceless for me.

It would probably make sense even from a business standpoint. I've spent an unreasonable amount of time over the past years being anxious about tinnitus, researching online, trawling forums and so on. If I'm spared from this waste of time in the future, I can earn back the cost of the device in a very reasonable timeframe.

It's not going to be a few hundred euros. It will for sure be in the thousands - selling it to the richest and desperate first, and when demand falls, so will the price. That's if it sells, DeSyncra is still £4,500.

That's why I'm holding out for evidence it works...

So it's confirmed that this will be something the patient buys at a one time cost? Not a "rental" for the duration of the treatment?

I'll probably fly in as well! Unless it's available in Europe pretty quick... maybe we can do this together ;-)
That would be fun :) I'll probably stay for a few days, having a few beers with fellow hopeful sufferers would be a nice way to mark the beginning of the end of our shared nightmare :)

I would give all the money I have for an effective cure honestly, wouldn't everybody here? Maybe I could wait for a month or so if I knew the price would drop. But honestly, I think we can all agree a cure is priceless.

Or did I just push up the price by writing that ;).

I'm still quite skeptical about this though...

I would give all the money I have for an effective cure honestly, wouldn't everybody here? Maybe I could wait for a month or so if I knew the price would drop. But honestly, I think we can all agree a cure is priceless.

Same here. If I could have a 100% cure and a guarantee it would never come back, I would put myself on the street in an instance. But yeah, also not sold on this thing yet...

That would be fun :) I'll probably stay for a few days, having a few beers with fellow hopeful sufferers would be a nice way to mark the beginning of the end of our shared nightmare :)
This sounds great. And if it actually worked, I think it would create some special bonds.

But let's not get our hopes too high for now.

My tinnitus is so loud right now it's horrible, it's been up for a few days and it's debilitating. Really wish it would go back down to manageable levels...

I agree. It's worth the money if it works. I'm convinced this will help quite a bit of the population. The iffy part for me is how much it will help me individually. I see the potential for a wide degree of very different reports from the general population. I'd pay for even a modest improvement.

The cost could be prohibitive for many sufferers.

If it does indeed turn out to be all that it is claimed to be perhaps we, as a group, could create our own rental system?

The dream scenario being, as members who can afford the cost are cured they could feasibly sell or rent the unit to another member thus reducing their initial cost.

Of course all depends on the efficacy that will be reported once it is on the market.

Haven't been able to find out if it works for unilateral tinnitus as well?

What a joy it would be if we can start reading about wonderful success stories soon!

If this thing ever comes out and I buy it, everyone that wants to is welcome at my house to try it. I live in the Netherlands though :wideyed:

The cost could be prohibitive for many sufferers.

If it does indeed turn out to be all that it is claimed to be perhaps we, as a group, could create our own rental system?

The dream scenario being, as members who can afford the cost are cured they could feasibly sell or rent the unit to another member thus reducing their initial cost.

Of course all depends on the efficacy that will be reported once it is on the market.

Haven't been able to find out if it works for unilateral tinnitus as well?

What a joy it would be if we can start reading about wonderful success stories soon!
If this thing ever comes out and I buy it, everyone that wants to is welcome at my house to try it. I live in the Netherlands though :wideyed:
The device is set up and tailored to each specific patient though, so this is unfortunately not going to work I think...

The device is set up and tailored to each specific patient though, so this is unfortunately not going to work I think...
In that case I think it'd be more likely that it will be available as a treatment at the ENT's office or something. Something which should be covered by insurance, but yeah it would probably still be too expensive for some..

It's only tailored to an audiogram - not like ACRN where you had to try and find your tinnitus frequency.
Clare said in the other thread that they tried to match her tinnitus tone and loudness in a hearing test booth before she got to use the device. But it wasn't clear to her why exactly they needed to do that.

Clare said in the other thread that they tried to match her tinnitus tone and loudness in a hearing test booth before she got to use the device. But it wasn't clear to her why exactly they needed to do that.
Oh right. In the Q&A Ross states that the tone, volume does not matter with regards to treatment, and the device is tailored solely on your audiogram.

Going to bust my nuts off saving for this treatment once I see testimonials from known members of Tinnitus Talk. Definitely won't be purchasing without strong evidence.

What's interesting is that Susan Shore is still in the early days of this, whilst Neuromod have been established and investigating this approach since 2010. It's encouraging to see millions invested by investors in their trials to bring this to market. I wonder why it's taken 9 years, what do they do every working day? I can't wait to see the published results of their latest trials, and the tinnitus sub-groups they talk off.

I laughed when I first heard of MuteButton, thinking it was another get rich quick scheme on suffering, but 9 years in the making with millions invested in trials is encouraging.

I wonder if they'll ever go public, kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Make some money and get rid of tinnitus.

I don't have the worst case of tinnitus (I've had it severe) and hoping because it's not severe maybe I can get rid of it completely. That'll be amazing.

Susan Shore seems to be well behind (she's treated 20 patients while Neuromod have tested 500+).

Insurance coverage for these devices are going to be lacking until there are multiple additional studies showing significant evidence they work. This is the same for anything for insurance coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now