MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be careful with these hidden videos. They might have been uploaded for a particular reason. For example, as example testimonials of less successful cases to be used during talks. I can easily see a presenter weave these into a presentation.
What "hidden" videos? YouTube is one of the top searched services outside of Google itself. You don't put something on YouTube if you are trying to hide it.

Every day opening this thread is a gamble as to 'Do we hate or love Neuromod today?'.

After everything I'm convinced enough, reproducible technology that two different institutions have had positive results from, this seems like the current best option so let's hope they refine it really goddamn well.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

What "hidden" videos? YouTube is one of the top searched services outside of Google itself. You don't put something on YouTube if you are trying to hide it.
Sorry. My bad. I called the videos 'hidden' as someone above did so. You're right: they are not hidden per se. But they are also not linked on the website. So, maybe they are meant for internal use (and someone forgot to mark them as such in YouTube?). I don't know. All I am saying is that the YouTube videos (as opposed to the linked videos) might have been selected with a particular purpose in mind, for example, to have positive and neutral/negative videos at hand for presentation purposes.

It's maybe good that the not-as-successful videos are there for us to see, in addition to the two or three not-successful cases on Facebook. That way, anyone buying this device will do so with eyes wide open.

I also just met with an audiologist who I showed the device and he said "Pah. Who knows?". He seemed more interested in the Audion/REGAIN trial.

One could assume the longer it's used, the more effective it is.
Those that responded to the treatment said the improvements started to kick in half-way through (6 weeks). I'm thinking if you go 12 weeks with no improvement that the odds of it helping if you go longer are low. It's probably more likely responders might still benefit if they stayed on it longer.

It's also possible changing the duration of the daily treatment itself, what time of day you do it or what state of mind you're in, would help. If it is neuroplasticity we're talking about, you can't expect the device to do all the work. It's like if you're in a classroom and not paying enough attention you won't retain information in a lecture.

I think most of the frustration has come from Neuromod's lack of communication. The hype train was rolling when the Q&A came out and now they have pretty much gone radio silent.

I think the best thing for them to do would be to give some sort of explanation to what they have going on. It could be as simple as saying that we are working on rolling this out to audiologists or they are making some final tweaks before release.

All we get is "soon". It has been implied that we would see this Q1/2019, but there isn't a lot of time left. I think the lack of communication has been the most frustrating part for me.

I think most of the frustration has come from Neuromod's lack of communication. The hype train was rolling when the Q&A came out and now they have pretty much gone radio silent.

I think the best thing for them to do would be to give some sort of explanation to what they have going on. It could be as simple as saying that we are working on rolling this out to audiologists or they are making some final tweaks before release.

All we get is "soon". It has been implied that we would see this Q1/2019, but there isn't a lot of time left. I think the lack of communication has been the most frustrating part for me.
Yep. I wish I could click the 'agree' button more than once on this one. Neuromod: talk to us. We're all ears. And we will be your greatest advocates... if this thing works.

I think the reason they are not talking and updating is because of the €25 million news. Are they being bought out by a bigger company? That's why there is radio silence?

That could be true Ann. I still don't think it is much to ask to get an update though. After all the work that was done by the staff here on the video, which was good PR for them, they could at least give @Markku a legitimate update.

I think we can all agree that this technology can help. It may not work for everyone, but it should/could help many.

I know they are checking this thread. Maybe they are just scared of us or Hubert is afraid everyone is going to send him their knickers!

If it is neuroplasticity we're talking about, you can't expect the device to do all the work.
I've been thinking about this too. My plan is to do my mindfulness meditation while I have the Neuromod session. It will be a great way to keep me from cheating on the meditation, which I currently am way too often :)

(I'm not meditating because of my tinnitus, I just do it for general health reasons/curiosity)

Honestly 25 million is small change for an investment group of any significance. They spread out their risk and investments across the board hoping to "hit" on something.

I am not saying a company could not be sold/bought. Happens all the time but the number is not exactly large.

There is going to be a huge spectrum of results with this device. There are too many variables in the tinnitus world to pin down exactly what every individual can expect with treatment. People want more information and honesty from Neuromod. Well these videos are it. Not everyone will improve. This is already known. They didn't need to make or post videos of unenthusiastic people saying it maybe kind of helped them. This is as honest as it gets. Since when is honesty about realistic potential outcomes a PR failure. They aren't hiding their less successful patients behind locked doors. This is honesty and truth in advertising.

The decision on whether or not this is for you is going to be a very individual decision.

I'll add this. I believe there are three different organizations working on this type of treatment for a reason. If Neuromod doesn't pan out then I'm not completely disregarding bimodal stimulation as a potential successful treatment. We are in infant stages here. Writing this off because of a handful of internet videos or a delayed release is silly.

I'll add this. I believe there are three different organizations working on this type of treatment for a reason. If Neuromod doesn't pan out then I'm not completely disregarding bimodal stimulation as a potential successful treatment. We are in infant stages here. Writing this off because of a handful of internet videos or a delayed release is silly.
So well said. Where there is smoke there is fire. Let's just keep positive like this :)

It would be interesting to know how old @kelpiemsp and @Clare B are. I'm almost 40, so when does the brain become "too old" to adapt? If you have to be 20 for it to work, it greatly reduces the window once again.

There is still reason for hope of course, but those testimonials clearly are a blow nobody needed. Where are the other Clare Bs and kelpiemsps? We want to hear from them!

This might be a stupid question. But are people here still sending them emails/calling them to ask about the release date? I've started writing an email about 5 times now but I've never sent it as I assumed that it would just be one of the many. And I would hear from someone here if they'd gotten a sensible response.

However, a part of me is also worried that if everybody thinks like me, nobody keeps them on their toes :).

This might be a stupid question. But are people here still sending them emails/calling them to ask about the release date? I've started writing an email about 5 times now but I've never sent it as I assumed that it would just be one of the many. And I would hear from someone here if they'd gotten a sensible response.

However, a part of me is also worried that if everybody thinks like me, nobody keeps them on their toes :).
I have kept Neuromod in the loop. Most recently today. I inquired about the YouTube testimonials, and also conveyed the overall anxiety of the community. I also tried to get a confirmation whether or not the Q1/2019 timeline might hold (if they can confirm or deny March launch date - to me March launch date seems unlikely, but that's just my gut feeling, and official word would be great to have :)).

I have kept Neuromod in the loop. Most recently today. I inquired about the YouTube testimonials, and also conveyed the overall anxiety of the community. I also tried to get a confirmation whether or not the Q1/2019 timeline might hold (if they can confirm or deny March launch date - to me March launch date seems unlikely, but that's just my gut feeling, and official word would be great to have :)).
So what did they say Markku?

You are the hero we need but not deserve.

Clare B is 39, it says so on her profile.
Clare is so fucking blessed. She has literally walked out of the darkest pit of hell. I don't know if Neuromod works at all. I really don't know what to think anymore. I just hope that their hearts are in the right place and if the efficacy of this device is sketchy they price it based on that until it's more refined and effective.

Lol nothing puts on the age like a good ole tinnitus spike.
I'm sorry to hear you're having a spike. Do you know what caused it?

As we age, the rate of change in the brain, or neuroplasticity, declines but does not come to a halt. In addition, we now know that new neurons can appear in certain parts of the brain up until the day we die. Brain plasticity is the ability that brain training takes advantages of to try to slow down the aging process.

I just pulled this from some research online. Again, not to be an ageist it is just an observation that it seems the older you are the less neuroplasticity works. I think you are probably fine in your 50s and below but, only a guess, it may not work as well after 60 or so. The testimonials kind of show that. I will keep researching, but I guess we don't know until we see some results or studies.

Clare is so fucking blessed. She has literally walked out of the darkest pit of hell. I don't know if Neuromod works at all. I really don't know what to think anymore. I just hope that their hearts are in the right place and if the efficacy of this device is sketchy they price it based on that until it's more refined and effective.
Unless I misunderstood, Neuromod was founded and/or funded by millionaires who wanted to get rid of their tinnitus (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, then I guess they won't settle until they find the holy grail for everyone (or at least for them).

I just pulled this from some research online. Again, not to be an ageist it is just an observation that it seems the older you are the less neuroplasticity works. I think you are probably fine in your 50s and below but, only a guess, it may not work as well after 60 or so. The testimonials kind of show that. I will keep researching, but I guess we don't know until we see some results or studies.
It's totally a spectrum. The easiest example is language learning. Easy at 2... possible at 60+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now