MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Dr. Vanneste from Belgium, whose name also came up with Neuromod and he told me he doesn't work for Neuromod but is a scientific advisor but he is known as a tinnitus expert here.

He is working for the Brai3n clinic. He was the one saying the device will be probably be released in September for Belgium.

I also asked him for a release date outside the EU but he answered he had no idea due to the FDA regulations and to ask Neuromod.

https://www.brai3n.com/team/prof-dr-sven-vanneste/

@Paulmanlike,

What really is the difference between tonal or atonal tinnitus?
According to the answer from Neuromod, if I understand it correctly, the device can work on both types?
Yes it should work on both types, they also stated this in the interview with Neuromod.

The reason members were doubting this is because the participants in the trial were asked if they had tonal tinnitus, but I guess that was because it is easier to measure your improvement with tonal tinnitus.

That's my opinion anyway.

Just read the highlights of that latest Susan Shore report... damn, 12.2 dB down in just four weeks? To think of the possibilities with these bimodal treatments to compound and continue to improve over time... 8 weeks... 12 weeks... 6 months... 3 years... :)
What do you mean when you refer to 12.2 dB reduction? I can only completely mask mine with 70 to 75 decibels of noise so If it worked for me would that reduce that by 12 decibels?

@Paulmanlike,

What really is the difference between tonal or atonal tinnitus?
According to the answer from Neuromod, if I understand it correctly, the device can work on both types?
They said that so far they have found no evidence of tonality or atonality affecting the efficacy.

Tonal tinnitus is like a constant Eeeeee on the same Hz scale.

Atonal is more like a hiss where your tinnitus is all over the place on the Hz scale like a white noise for example.

The interesting thing about Dr. Hubert Lim is that he was added to the team at the beginning of 2018 to help complete the studies.

I wonder what the motivation was for that. Perhaps the results were not as strong as they had hoped and they decided to reach out to another research team to get assistance.

I wonder at what point Lim's information was applied to the timing and programing. I'm assuming it couldn't be during the trails because that would skew the results. Or maybe they were desperate and that's what they wanted.

I sent an email to Professor Langguth asking him if he knows when Neuromod's device might launch in Germany. He responded very quickly and said he doesn't know when it'll be available in Germany. (I didn't really think that I'd get any other reply but I wanted to give it a try since Dr. Vanneste from Belgium had mentioned mid-September.)

If it's certain they'll launch the device in Belgium in September, I think that for France and Germany it will be approximately during the same period :)

If the Belgium release date is true, then the release date in Ireland and Great Britain would probably be just before summer... (May-June?)

But I don't know if they will accept people from other countries first if they have a specific launch plan to send each patient to their own region...

What do you mean when you refer to 12.2 dB reduction? I can only completely mask mine with 70 to 75 decibels of noise so If it worked for me would that reduce that by 12 decibels?

I won't pretend to be an expert (and anyone else feel free to explain better than me) but 10-12 DB is more of a difference than it sounds on paper. I saved this comment from the Minnesota thread a while back:

3 dB change equals double (or half) in sound pressure level. In practice, 3 dB change is consired rather small, just noticable. When volume changes 10 dB (10 times in SPL), it is consired as "double" than previous volume level. After all 10 dB reducing is remarkable.
If you got a page or two further on the Minnesota thread there's a link to a page that shows you the difference in 10 dB. It may not seem like a ton through computer speakers but is definitely noticeable with any type of headphones.

So I hear ya, I can't mask mine until 75-85 dB or so but this should help us significantly. :)

I plan to call Brai3n on Monday to get information about their clinic. I will ask them to confirm the release date of Neuromod's device in Belgium and if they know for REAL the release date in Ireland...

Nobody can contact Hubert Lim directly on Twitter or Linkedin? (I'm not on these websites...) to say WE WANT TO BUY THE DEVICE RIGHT NOW (in Dublin)!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::p:D

@Markku said he's in semi-regular contact with Neuromod and keeps them updated about Tinnitus Talk's general status - I think they're pretty aware that several of us are queuing with wallets in hand.

So I hear ya, I can't mask mine until 75-85 dB or so but this should help us significantly. :)
Do you have hearing loss too? Have you ever been able to habituate?

I'd agree any reduction would be absolutely great. I for one will be purchasing the MuteButton as soon as possible. Unfortunately I have a feeling the way things are going it won't be available in the United States for awhile.

Nobody can contact Hubert Lim directly on Twitter or Linkedin? (I'm not on these websites...) to say WE WANT TO BUY THE DEVICE RIGHT NOW (in Dublin)!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::p:D
Hubert Lim has been in hiding for several weeks now. Neuromod can not find him. Nobody can. All social media channels have gone cold. He's gone off grid. There was a suspected sighting in a remote village in Northern China a week ago but it's unconfirmed.

His wife is reported to have blamed this sudden and out of character disappearance on Tinnitus Talk and one member in particular....... @Paulmanlike and his underwear threats.

This is why we can't get our hands on this device.

I contacted Hubert Lim directly about two months ago using his University of Minnesota email address. A few days later I got a polite and extensive response from him. I wasn't asking about this device, but he did take the time to reply.

Taps watch impatiently as I lower my wad of cash.......................................................................... :cautious:

Hi mates!
I've been lurking around the forum for a while now but never found important to join it as I've been able to find most of the answers I've been looking for most of the times.

My tinnitus started 3.5 years ago as a consequence of years playing and listening to loud music and a loud brief concert was the culprit for it to come to stay. Loud unmaskable hiss that spiked a 50% more in volume one week ago and hasn't go back to baseline.

Now my questions are:
- Is MuteButton supposed to hit the market in the upcoming months or are they just recruiting people for some stage of a trial?
- I've got some mild hearing loss from 8000Hz. Could I expect some relief if I used the device?
- Living in Spain do you think I would be able to travel to Belgium/Ireland (or wherever they release it first) to purchase it?
- Does anyone know the price range it could reach?

Thanks in advance. Some information regarding these questions could be literally hope and life for me now.

Now my questions are:
- Is MuteButton supposed to hit the market in the upcoming months or are they just recruiting people for some stage of a trial?
- I've got some mild hearing loss from 8000Hz. Could I expect some relief if I used the device?
- Living in Spain do you think I would be able to travel to Belgium/Ireland (or wherever they release it first) to purchase it?
- Does anyone know the price range it could reach?
You should watch the Questions & Answers video, https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/q-a-tinnitus-hub-meets-neuromod-lenire.32369/

Do you have hearing loss too? Have you ever been able to habituate?

I'd agree any reduction would be absolutely great. I for one will be purchasing the MuteButton as soon as possible. Unfortunately I have a feeling the way things are going it won't be available in the United States for awhile.
I wouldn't say I've habituated but after three years of going through every stage possible, I'm at acceptance. When it doesn't spike, it's tolerable ... when it does spike it's insane but usually goes back to baseline soon enough.

I still plan on traveling to Ireland the second this is available, assuming that's possible for us U.S. folks. And I'm super excited about what this technology means ... if this one doesn't help everyone, maybe the Minnesota one will ... or the Michigan one ... or another one that we don't know about that uses this technology. So many different groups doing bimodal stimulation has me convinced.

Hello,

Is it possible to have the Q&A video's answers in writing? I do not understand English but if it's in writing I can translate it.
There is a transcript that was posted, I just can't find it for the life of me.

@Hazel

if this one doesn't help everyone, maybe the Minnesota one will ... or the Michigan one ... or another one that we don't know about that uses this technology.
How much are you willing to spend? You're going to be about 20 grand in by the time you've tried all of them! We're all going to develop an addiction to bimodal stimulation devices. Ears still ringing after twenty failed attempts. A garage full of headphones and plastic boxes and still buying the latest one like a gambling addict who is still at the table at 4am frittering away his house.

How much are you willing to spend? You're going to be about 20 grand in by the time you've tried all of them! We're all going to develop an addiction to bimodal stimulation devices. Ears still ringing after twenty failed attempts. A garage full of headphones and plastic boxes and still buying the latest one like a gambling addict who is still at the table at 4am frittering away his house.
Didn't say I was going to personally try all of them (though I am willing to spend whatever it takes to get rid of my tinnitus). But there's clearly something up with this approach to have so many legitimate groups working on it. My point is if Neuromod doesn't work for everyone, maybe Minnesota will ... if Minnesota doesn't, maybe Michigan will ... or one that we don't even know about publicly yet.

Everybody's so worked up on here because Neuromod isn't out already but this is an awesome time for us. It's gonna be out soon enough. If they were just trying to take our money they would have come out yesterday.

I remember the AM-101 debacle. This time around we have actual evidence and trials and people on this board who have found success. We FINALLY have some hope.

I still plan on traveling to Ireland the second this is available, assuming that's possible for us U.S. folks. And I'm super excited about what this technology means ... if this one doesn't help everyone, maybe the Minnesota one will ... or the Michigan one ... or another one that we don't know about that uses this technology. So many different groups doing bimodal stimulation has me convinced.
Same here. Figure I will take some time to tour Ireland while I am there also :)

I too will spend whatever it takes. There are enough subtle differences with these devices that trying more than one may be beneficial. I've read speculation on this site before that the Shore device may prove to be more effective due to the use of different nerves that target different parts of the brain. I could see a situation where I use the Neuromod device due to it being released first, but then cleaning up the tinnitus scraps with the Shore or Minnesota device.
Part of my interest in these devices is that I don't have much hope for anything else in the tinnitus treatment/cure pipeline.

Last edited:
The emotional changes in this thread are incredible. One day MuteButton is another TRT and the next day it is the great hope. I think it is related to our tinnitus levels changing day by day.

The emotional changes in this thread are incredible. One day MuteButton is another TRT and the next day it is the great hope. I think it is related to our tinnitus levels changing day by day.
Well as I said earlier Neuromod is applying psychological bimodal stimulation with great results ;)

I am not sure it's the thread in general. I think it's a few individuals that are all over the place. I know a bunch of us never stopped having hope in the product.

I too will spend whatever it takes.
It does all boil down to money, doesn't it?

I know I'm already thinking about how to put aside $5K in a lockbox for Neuromod. There are things I would do with the money otherwise so I have to plan accordingly. If I knew I had to go through upwards of $20K instead of $5K I'd have to really plan ahead. I mean, I'm already on the hook for college tuition for my daughter and my car is literally falling apart at the seams.

This is where transparency is key with these companies. I really want to know what the odds are before I plunk down my money. I don't want to blindly drop $15-20K down the toilet for the equivalent of a low-odds roll at the roulette wheel. There's a lot of short-term gratification I could buy for that kind of money that would at least be guaranteed to temporarily take the edge off my tinnitus, like camp out at the bunny ranch or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now