My Tinnitus Is Almost Gone After 3 Years: It's Now a Faint Ringing — No Longer Hyperacusis Either

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Vii, Dec 22, 2020.

1. haha ear go eeee

haha ear go eeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hyperacusis
      I wouldn't say you're weak at all. It's not good to bottle up your emotions about things like this, sometimes people need a shoulder to cry on.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Bimmerboy

Bimmerboy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14/02/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      covid, infection, stress, ototoxic meds, noise, TMJ
      This is one of the best thread if not the best that I'm watching. It helps with the positivity and when I'm seeking an uplift when I'm down from bad days. This still gives me hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      Agreed. I revisit it over and over. Keeps me alive.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Pixelito
      Surfing

Pixelito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too many Rush concerts
      How are you doing these days? I read your initial post about how you developed tinnitus and was wondering if you've had any reduction in volume.

• Like Like x 1
    5. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      Not too great. The loudness varies wildly, from catastrophic after waking up to mild at night. I keep my thread in the Introduce Yourself section regularly updated...

6. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hey! I know you don’t suffer from pain hyperacusis these days, but would you mind sharing what you did to recover?

How did you cope with your baby? I am struggling with pain from noise. I have a toddler and a 5-month-old.

7. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Hi, @Zigs! I wish I had a more helpful answer for you, but ultimately, I believe it slowly got better with time.

I think I tried about every supplement ever mentioned on Tinnitus Talk, but I was never under the impression any of them actually helped. Magnesium helped me relax a little bit at night, though.

Other than that, I carefully avoided any loud environments and always carried custom-fitted earplugs.

Dealing with a baby/toddler was difficult. I kept several pairs of hearing protection headsets in several rooms, so I always had one nearby in case of a tantrum or an accident.

I still feel bad about it, but I also avoided buying any (electrical) toys that make loud sounds. I did want to stimulate my son's musical development, though, so I did get him some acoustic children's instruments that weren't too loud.

Dealing with young children is already tough on its own; hyperacusis and tinnitus make it even harder. Lack of understanding from the people around you also doesn't really help :/

Despite everything, I hope you're doing OK. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Thank you! I really needed to read this today. My pain only seems to be getting worse (I just updated my thread). Right now, I'm avoiding my kids as much as possible, which is breaking my heart as much as the pain itself. It sounds like you were still able to be around your little one, and that’s great to hear. I’m trying hard not to overprotect, but at the moment, any kind of noise seems to make things worse.

Sorry for venting, and thanks for getting back to me! It’s comforting to know that you eventually recovered with time.

9. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      I know how you feel! Back then, I wasn't divorced, so I could rely on my partner to spend some more time with my son when I wasn't doing well. After the divorce, it became a bit harder, but fortunately, I was slowly recovering from the hyperacusis by then.

Hopefully, you have someone you can rely on. Although it's emotionally painful, I'd suggest you try to give your ears some rest whenever you feel it's needed.

Thinking back about it now, I also slept in a separate room for a year or longer. My son slept very poorly at night and cried a lot at night, which my ears really couldn't handle back then.

If you're not already taking it, I'd suggest trying out Magnesium to see if it helps you relax. I actually also took NAC every day, as it supposedly (pre-emptively) helps protect your ears against loud noises.