Noise-Induced Hearing Loss Alters KCC2 and GABA Inhibition in the Auditory Centers

Discussion in 'Research News' started by gameover, Apr 23, 2024.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      I contacted them about volunteering for Phase 1. I got no response.

• Winner Winner x 3
    2. Nick47

Nick47 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      It doesn't matter. I love proactivity, my friend!

3. BB23
      Insomnious

BB23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics and mirtazapine
      Well, here's some more productivity with no results.

I tried to reach out to the CEOs of Axonis, a married couple originally from Poland. I sent them emails to their personal addresses, reached out to them on Facebook, and even sent one of them a message on WhatsApp.

I haven't received a response or read receipts. It's been a long time since I did this. I'll update you if they respond.

I fear this company might not be able to deliver in the long run since its operating income is very low. I hate to see it run out of money mid-trials.

Let's see what happens with the trials this year, see if they are as legit as they sound.

I believe the bigger player here is Ovid Therapeutics and their product OV-350 since they are working with AstraZeneca, which means better chances of it coming out and being available worldwide.

They already have presentations for their investors as well. The slides are available online.

I'll send them a few emails as well.

I believe this will be a go-to treatment for tinnitus when it comes out in 10-15 years, but to make sure, let's wait until Axonis announces its trials if they ever do, and see if anyone reports improvements in their tinnitus levels.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    4. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      You clearly took it too far. Reaching out to personal email addresses, Facebook profiles, and Whatsapp is going into the stalking territory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Utdmad89
      Depressed

Utdmad89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      10-15 years time ☹️

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      It's not worth worrying about. By then, several treatments will be available. There will probably be 2-3 treatments and at least 1 objective test by 2028-2029.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. ploughna

ploughna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      motor racing and power tools
      Looking at their website, they've listed 25 potential disorders that their KCC2 development might address, but no mention of tinnitus :(

Another case of off-label experimentation if it ever comes to market?

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      I see Serotonin 5-Ht2a directly influences KCC2:
      Activation of 5-HT2A receptors upregulates the function of the neuronal K-Cl cotransporter KCC2

9. BB23
      Insomnious

BB23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tinnitus and visual snow syndrome coexist in some people with autism. Some of us here and on other tinnitus/visual snow syndrome forums already have autism/Asperger's. My theory is that most people who have chronic tinnitus and/or visual snow had faulty KCC2 channels from the get-go and maybe had undiagnosed neurological conditions, such as high-functioning autism, as I do, making them susceptible to conditions like tinnitus. I never realized it, to be honest. My friends did, though; in certain subjects, I excel beyond my peers but fail in other situations, mainly in social settings, etc. But keep in mind this is the personal conclusion that I have reached; nothing has been proven yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. BB23
      Insomnious

BB23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Something interesting I noticed from Arnaud Norena's paper:
      The picture down below is from the OV350 website, presenting what is written above.

This could be why some people get tinnitus or have their tinnitus negatively affected by benzos such as Clonazepam.

There is a drug called CLP290, which is a KCC2 enhancer.

They can actually run a test using CLP290 on animals to see if the behavioral evidence for tinnitus improves or not and develop proper pharmaceutical treatments based on the results.

I'll even fund it if I survive a few years of this hell. I believe this can work, but we need someone to conduct proper tests and let the public know about the results. Please...

091823_Ovid_OV350-1-1024x917.png

• Informative Informative x 1