On Retigabine ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dr. Nagler, Sep 10, 2014.

1. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @attheedgeofscience please may i ask two simple questions? Why are you taking trobalt when your T volume is so low and why cant you use and complete the retigabene users form like everyone else on here?

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      See this as an example...

• Like Like x 1
    3. Codaz

Codaz Member

The same with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The professor there told me if it didn't work we would not do it, and it is not proven in a lot of papers but if we only rely on things that are proven in science then we might as well throw everything out of the window. Then he did not sign me up for it but okay.

4. Song interpreter
      Creative

Song interpreter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      If I weren't so sensitive to medications and their side effects, I might try one of these medications to bring my tinnitus down to something I could ignore and make my less sensitive to loud noises.

For now, I will pursue in ear monitors that block sound so I continue to interpret songs for the Deaf. Also, one of the sound techs is on my side to reduce the decibel level to something safe for all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      an admirable response, Dr Nagler, that of having the opinion of no opinion. A doctor has to think like a scientist, he can't 'take sides'. No concrete evidence, no opinion. I will have to try this retigabine., out of curiosity.

6. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree. I saw two ENTs. An appalling experience. It was like listening to madmen.

7. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      These forums kicks ass.

8. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Christian, get the free downloadable leaflets from the British Tinnitus Association and look for similar information from ATA. I have found these leaflets to be better than several books on tinnitus. The only good book I have read about tinnitus so far is an old and dated one from Jack Vernon. All the other ones I have read are crap.

9. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      These things aren't so surprising....even scientists do this stuff.

10. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's what a lot psychologists just don't get. They think that for the mind, a whisper it's the same thing as an explosion.

Have you guys heard of Glen Heggstad? I watched his horrific story on the series 'Locked Up Abroad' and read his book. He started travelling around the world on his bike as a big middle finger to his life-changing experience.

The real Easy Rider. Awesome.

11. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just don't get it. One takes 'anti-anxiey' pills and it will reduce the 'perception' of tinnitus? If so, why don't they also reduce the 'perception' of all noise, including the TV, the radio, traffic noise?

It's not a 'perception' problem. Loud and quiet, it's as real as long and short, empty and full, poor and rich, etc etc.

The volume is objective, it's not subjective. There's a huge difference if someone speaks to me quietly or they scream at me.

Sorry, not trying to be dim. Thanks for your time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    12. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If Trobalt really worked, I'd be willing to get all green and wear thick glasses. I would make the jump in an instant, with no regret. (after the drug is sure to work effectively against T and medically researched)

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am really curious as how many people with severe T would care more about abiding by a law, than getting rid of this....disaster.

I am a law abiding person. However I do not put law above anything else, under all circumstances, although I will try my best to do that first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would not do that either. Although I don't remember details, I have read somewhere of a product bought on an online shop, it contained traces of faeces.

I bought Vinpocetine some time ago from an online shop and was paranoid even about that.

15. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      My t worsened final 8th time, now every morning i plan to take trobalt, i made 160 pills of 100mg and 16 000mg or 16g will be enough. I cant get any help, and this shit is getting worse and last 30 days is worsening slowly up. Sweden has money for refugees but not their own people. They dont want to do nothing, i have no psikologist, doctor dont have time, hearing department dont want to receve they say we done all we can, nothing it left, and in a way I am glad... this horror finaly end, i just think i cant make organ donation becouse it will be poisoned with with trobalt... I wish that they burn me and put in a seal metal box and drop in ocean outside Göteborg. If you dont see me again you will know why not

I love you @amandine and miss our times when my t was baby, and rhea and danik... and marko and all of you

Christian M Davison
      Member of Clan Davidson
      Nobility of Highland, Scotland

16. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi christian78, there is no option to see a psychiatrist? I've been where you are, but a psychiatrist helped immensely. That and drugs(*). Better living through chemistry right? As long as you have a long term goal with those drugs.

There will be better days.

Cor

(*) with drugs I mean psychoactive drugs like xanax, not the smoking kind, which with me living in Amsterdam is always a possibility.

17. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I been to psychiatrist and got some medicine that cause tinnitus. I have psychiatrist who cant do nothing. Swedish health is ruin, my doctor , infection clinic, and psychiatrist rent referral to neurology and they dont wanna take me.

They have money to 200 000 arab refugees who then legally immigrate 400 000 their children and wives but government say 200 000 only asilants, not real number. they got homes and all, i get to die.

For me point is my left ear is lousing hearing rapidly and i suppose that is reason new freq appear. 1,5 year ago i could hear from 8,5 to 13khz, not i dont hear it at all on left ear but on right is totaly same, hear it perfect.

so, no this is it, i got even tonight new tone (that i hope it will be gone tomorrow) but as @markoana know that i before got it also like few sec and longer and then it stayed, so i dont have any hope...

Silvio is ID**T who think i fell into depression and that is only reason why my t is worse, he thinks i imagine it. Well he can go into his depression and dont comment stupid thing when he does not have nothing to say, and he is right on his photo it say pup artist, it maches him totaly!

18. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I understand you are suffering tremendously, but lashing out at people here who are trying to be helpful, is not going to make you any better.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He, mr Pop Artist as he put wrote me a letter:

"Stvarno mi te je zao. Ja ipak mislim da je to tebi od depresije. Ne sam tinnitus nego pogorsanja. .............. Mislim da bi ti bilo bolje kad bi se mogao izvuci iz depresije.

He is sorry for me. And he still thinks it is depression. (read i imagine it). He meant not only on T but on worsenings. And he is sure if i get out of depression i would be ok.

Well I am at least depressed, yesterday i walked 12km, today 7km, i don't have time to get depressed because of people around me. But I know him, we speak same language, and he is pop artist (i don't know honestly what is means, probably seronja).

He know as we spoke so many times about it and how it became worse and worse and worse. I dont need some person who lives with hearing aids and dont go out without them, who is terrified and was manically depressed for last few years to tell me i imagine my t went worse.

It was totally disrespectful and that is actual quality of pop artist. He just dont know what to do so come to offend and give opinions that crush hopes, hurt people and make them feel miserable.

i can produce papers of my psychiatrist wrote i am not depressed at all except little when t is to hard on me, and same thing is written in papers from Neurologist from Switzerland. When i got t i became depressed and i started eating not moving. When i started using trobalt my tinnitus fel for minimum 80% . I used it to lose 24 kg in less then 3 months. I spent walking 12km... being happy... I am not depressed I have tinnitus that is progressive. And with it i apologize to pop artist, and i wish him same type of tinnitus to get and to fix it with depression. I am sure he will realise it is just "IN HIS HEAD"!

And yes, I stoped being nice when someone is hurting me and playing smart, because i dont have to prove anyone my suffering. I am not depressed. It is in morning hard and evening and i hate it when i have no control and i hate it because of stress it gets worse. And i cant make is stop. I can not get used to every new lvl of tinnitus, i did done it as dr negler said (i never beleave a person can get used to until some lvl) but i did got used to it.

Now i cant it is killing me. And i see that is geting worse faster probably becouse t istself couses stress. 12 months ago i could hear up to 14kg, then it fell to 12khz, now it is on 8,5khz, i listen same sound and right ear hear it normal and left is deaf. A year ago it was ok, not it is well as it is. And I dont care about some idiots who come and say they are sorry for you but you are imagining this it is all in depresion. He may as well start working as ordinary ENT who say same thing and dump you to psikolist.

No more pop. ONly truth. People who suffer from tinnitus are not depresed becouse they feel so, they are depresed becouse their life has been taken away from them, and there is no antidepresive pill that make you feel good! People suffer becouse of tinnius, not depression. truth is releasing depresion may give you better chance to suffer less from tinnitus. But making tinnitus lower but still if your life is taken will not take away depresion.

20. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I agree, you can only do so much as far as depression is concerned. I'm the same, lots of workouts, low depression, no anxiety, but I still suffer like a beaten dog every day with tinnitus noise, hearing issues, and ear pain.

It's the go to when when people don't have an answer for you, blame it on mental illness! this is why there will not be a cure, even most experts think that bothersome tinnitus is reserved for the mentally ill and can be solved with ADs or whatever.

I wouldn't even try to justify yourself to others Christian, just nod and agree, it's not worth your effort mate.

• Agree Agree x 2