Pimozide for COVID-19 Induced Tinnitus — Jupiter Wellness

When you click on the link for this study, it is saying "not yet recruiting", the responsible party is Applied Biology Inc., Jupiter Wellness is a collaborator. Seems as though there is no update when it was said to be wrapping up in June?

I could be wrong but it appears Jupiter Wellness abandoned ship on this and Applied Biology Inc. is taking it on now, but starting from the beginning? I hope I'm wrong but wouldn't be surprised. I was looking forward to the results as I was planning on showing it to my psych if it was a positive outcome.

I guess no, but did anything come of this? I see no trial data anywhere. Seems like the list of drugs you can't take with tinnitus is longer than a CVS receipt.

It's worth a go for a couple of weeks. We won't know unless we try. Aside from dopamine, I noticed it's an extremely potent 5-HT7 antagonist (which lie in the DCN) and read it is also an H4 antagonist, which recently is implicated in tinnitus.

The problem will be getting it prescribed.
Sensorion SA filed a patent for H4 receptor inhibitors to treat tinnitus.

Pimozide doesn't seem to be included in their list of compounds from which Sensorion SA will select their H4R inhibitor.

I also have found no evidence that Pimozide is a H4 antagonist. It is included in a list of H4 blockers on Wikipedia but I think that is a mistake.

So far, I've only increased my Flupentixol dosage to 2 mg and have had eight Cerebrolysin injections. The latter seems to be yielding good results, as my tinnitus has been at a 1-2/10 level over the past week.
Is there any update on the Cerebrolysin? That's great that something seemed to work.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now