Post Your Celebrity Crush

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jerad, Dec 24, 2022.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jerad

Jerad Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication ototoxicity
      Margot.

upload_2023-7-27_10-5-26.jpeg

upload_2023-7-27_10-5-45.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Have any of you ever met or seen any celebrities in real life besides @Jerad? We know he has met famous bodybuilders like Jay Cutler, Lou Ferrigno, and the Terminator which is dope. I would like to hear from others.

Supposedly, Liam Neeson lives in a high rise building in my neighborhood (now former). I’ve yet to see him around though. I have said hello to Oscar Isaac once. I see Lady Gaga’s father all the time. He and his wife own a small Italian restaurant near the area where I live. It’s nothing serious though, he recognizes me every time I’m walking by his spot. Give each other head nods and small hellos when passing by.

I’ve interacted with a small time movie director/screenwriter named Boaz Yakin on multiple occasions when I used to be involved in the independent movie theater scene a long time ago. He’s a hardcore a movie buff. Cool dude. He has hearing difficulties now that I think about it. Likely has tinnitus also. Should try to get in contact with him again tbh.

Doesn’t count, but I’ve seen the tennis player, Rafael Nadal, play in the US Open (2019) once. I’ve also seen one of the Culkin brothers (not the one from Home Alone) walking the streets. Some NBA basketball players as well (tall freaks).

That’s about it.

• Like Like x 4
    3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Hi my brother, my friend @ZFire.

When I was in my teens, I was a busboy at a restaurant/bar. Marvin Hagler, a boxer from my area who was a world famous middle weight fighter was at the bar talking to me. He was giving some guy the evil eye and wanted to smash him as I recall. He told me that and then kissed me on the cheek. Weird story, but true.

I was also a dear friend of a famous Russian sculptor named Konstantin Simoune, he has monuments and lots of art in St. Petersburg and in some museums in the United States. We met in a snow storm on a street in Boston. I am still close to his family and miss him as he passed away 2 years ago.

I have missed you buddy, I hope you are doing well.

I took my kids to NYC for 3 days this summer. I had a free place to stay and we did lots of cool stuff, Ellis Island, the MET, the Top of the Rock, a cool old deli, the water Taxi or busses on the East River. I wore earplugs at many different times, the noise was intense. I had a super time in your neck of the woods. I went to Maine and Massachussetts of course as that is home. Back in Laos now.

Take care Z,
      Daniel

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      I met LeAnn Rimes the first time she came to Australia. Also, Sam Stosur, the Australian tennis player who won the US Open in 2011.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. DeanD

DeanD Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 1982 - then Severe Oct 2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      I ended up in a one night 'thing' with a famous actress - whom I didn't recognise at the time and met at a night event. She told me she was in film but she said she was on the other side of the camera in production. It wasn't until the morning she revealed the truth - and a quick internet search confirmed.

I wouldn't name her out of privacy and respect but it was quite surreal seeing her on screen, seeing she had millions of followers on Instagram and even many male fan pages towards her.

I met Sam Palladio and Cassadee Pope after pretending I was press to get in to the VIP and back stage area of a festival - I was even arranged to go do an interview with one of the stars :facepalm: ... I was pretty drunk too.

I met Aaron Watson (really nice guy) and managed to shake hands with the great Marty Stuart after a local gig when he came to my hometown. He wasn't his usual onscreen fun persona, looked tired as f*ck and seemed like he just wanted to get home, but it made my night after picking up front row seats!

I was huge in to music, festivals, events - before the onset of all this :(

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I like your new avatar.

RIP Sinead, a talented, courageous, and remarkable woman.

@tpj, how are you keeping? I hope you are well and coping with your tinnitus, I know it is a battle.

See you around,
      DL

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Thanks @Daniel Lion. I really admired her. She was very brave, strong and vulnerable at the same time.

You know how it is, same old shit. It certainly is a battle. Thanks for asking about me. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Sorry, it is MARVELOUS Marvin Hagler and you have been kissed by a GIGANTIC LEGEND of the noble art.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      When I was a young lad, I met Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels, The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

That was in Hollywood, California.

10. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      I've got a 23 year crush on a beautiful lady. My wife.

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm happy to hear that you've been enjoying your summer, my friend. I hope your kids had a blast seeing the sights, cruising the waters, visiting Ellis Island (and seeing the Statue of Liberty I’d imagine too), and of course eating some delicious food.

I need to visit Maine one day. Been dying to finally get a taste of those mouth-watering authentic lobster rolls they’re famous for over there.
      Dang... ^^ @DeanD confirmed to be a GigaChad...

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. Binnen-dahlia

Binnen-dahlia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Jared Leto (l) and loved the band.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    13. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Emily Blunt - John Krasinski is one lucky SOB.

938BC3CD-B7FF-4A50-9BCD-12AB8E3CD9F1.jpeg

72408BEB-8E10-495A-A8E8-A34446DEA113.gif

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. Rainer

Rainer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      In 1990 IIRC, I have seen, and briefly talked to, a rock star named John Searle.

440px-John_searle2.jpg

15. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've been groovin' on Dark Brandon lately. I even bought his T-shirt.

• Funny Funny x 1