• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Post Your Favorite Songs

So, I had never actually heard of Rob Cantor before this... but Shia LaBeouf the song/musical both looks and sounds about as good as it gets as far as live entertainment is concerned.

The only consolation for me not being able to go and see such a thing performed live, is the idea that Shia LaBeouf himself knows of its existence, and has failed to ever comment on it.
I thought so too! It would be absolutely grand to see something like this up close. It's a bit of a sole consolation that you can still see some musicals and plays via websites like YouTube or Filmed on Stage. Have you seen Peter Pan Goes Wrong by any chance? It popped up out of nowhere a few days ago on my YouTube page and I'm so glad I've watched it :ROFL:

Have you seen Peter Pan Goes Wrong by any chance?
HA HA, this is awesome!

Even Poirot (aka. the legendary David Suchet) is in it! Fantastic!
It popped up out of nowhere a few days ago on my YouTube page
Yeah, same. I was busy posting Dr. Nagler a song I thought he might like in the Doctors' Corner and this Shia LaBeouf musical popped up.

Sometimes that YouTube algorithm nails it!

Encore une fois! French/Belgian pop songs that will get your groove on. Amusez-vous bien et bon spectacle;)

Angèle - Oui ou Non [CLIP OFFICIEL]

Adrien Gallo - Chut (Clip officiel)

LE NOISEUR - Week-end à Rome 2.0 (Clip Officiel)

MAIS JE T'AIME - Grand Corps Malade & Camille Lellouche

Grand Corps Malade & Louane "Derrière le brouillard"

Calogero - Celui d'en bas (clip officiel)

It took about 13 years, but the time has finally arrived for all Guns N' Roses fans
Has it only been 13 years? Felt more like 30 to me :)

Also, if it hadn't been stated clearly that it's a song by Guns N' Roses, I never would have guessed.

Has it only been 13 years? Felt more like 30 to me :)

Also, if it hadn't been stated clearly that it's a song by Guns N' Roses, I never would have guessed.
In some way, you're kind of right, haha. They are certainly running dry on eye-popping hits the last 30 years or so. This song was already made in 2001 (then known as ''Silkworms''), but they were not really 100% sure about releasing it to the public. So can you imagine how perfectionistic those guys are XD

BTW, I've some good news for you! How about a fancy dinner with dein Liebling, Till Lindemann ;) The only catch is that it costs 100,000 euros, but I guess you can always take out a loan from the bank if you really can't wait!

Capture d’écran 2021-08-11 à 21.05.29.png

Here's the link BTW:
https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/have-dinner-with-till-lindemann-for-eur100-000/

How about a fancy dinner with dein Liebling, Till Lindemann ;)
I'm sorry to disappoint but I've never been a great Rammstein fan, so no fancy dinner date with Mr. Lindemann for me :(

Not even sure I wanted to have dinner with an artist I actually liked. When I was younger I did a lot of car sharing and one time an actor (not that it said so on the web site) offered to give me a ride. When I got to the meeting point the first thing he said was, "Well, you probably know who I am." And I was like, "Duh?" Let's just say it went downhill from there. For the rest of the 5 hour ride he quoted all kinds of lines because he was convinced that I must have seen him in one of his role one time or another. I still have no idea who the guy was because he got on my nerves so much that I refused to look him up on principle.

I'm sorry to disappoint but I've never been a great Rammstein fan, so no fancy dinner date with Mr. Lindemann for me :(

Not even sure I wanted to have dinner with an artist I actually liked. When I was younger I did a lot of car sharing and one time an actor (not that it said so on the web site) offered to give me a ride. When I got to the meeting point the first thing he said was, "Well, you probably know who I am." And I was like, "Duh?" Let's just say it went downhill from there. For the rest of the 5 hour ride he quoted all kinds of lines because he was convinced that I must have seen him in one of his role one time or another. I still have no idea who the guy was because he got on my nerves so much that I refused to look him up on principle.
Ach, leider! You know I'm just messing with ya, dear Leila. You know how I roll ;)

Sounds like you had the longest ride of your life with that classy guy. Don't you wonder where he would be at this time of year? Maybe he's some kind of actor that now only plays as a background character in gute Zeiten, schlechte Zeiten and proudly tells people about how well he acted as that silent barista who often nods randomly in episode ''So ein Quatsch! '', season 25 or whatever.

That's a hell of a story. Thanks for sharing your interesting and awesome life with us boring peeps , Leila!

Favourite song from one of my favourite bands, there are so many different vids of this song, I chose this at random.
Never heard of them before and I have to say, I missed out. If I'd heard it on the radio, my first thought would have been Placebo - anyway, thanks for sharing.

I am glad that someone liked her songs.
I immediately liked her voice (her music, too, of course), which doesn't happen all that often with female voices because they tend to send my hyperacusis through the roof. So it is always nice to come across a new voice that I don't just like but are actually able to listen to.
She is a great singer with interesting background. ;)
I guess, I'll have to look into her / her background a little more then :)

Just recently got around to listening to The Strokes' new album, and wow, what a banger! Best stuff they've made since Is This It. This is my favourite song from it.

Edit: Also, going for a Jean-Michel Basquiat painting was a cracking choice for an album cover.

Just recently got around to listening to The Strokes' new album, and wow, what a banger! Best stuff they've made since Is This It. This is my favourite song from it.

Edit: Also, going for a Jean-Michel Basquiat painting was a cracking choice for an album cover.

Alright... I'm going to give you this... because at the time of posting we were 7 minutes into Sunday.

But I think we both know you're pushing your luck! D:<

Seriously though, I'm not able to listen to this (ears unable to tolerate Guitar, Drums or Bass) so I'm going to have to take your word for it, but you're saying this is better than "Room on Fire"? Because I remember that album, and I bloody loved it. Not as much as "Is This It", obviously, but it was still within platinum range (imo).

Haven't heard anything since their third album (because.. well just look at my "since" dates), but yeah, I kind of used to sing "Heart in a Cage" ironically and replace the lyrics with stuff about not drinking coffee... seemed like an improvement.

Seriously though, I'm not able to listen to this (ears unable to tolerate Guitar, Drums or Bass) so I'm going to have to take your word for it, but you're saying this is better than "Room on Fire"? Because I remember that album, and I bloody loved it. Not as much as "Is This It", obviously, but it was still within platinum range (imo).

Haven't heard anything since their third album (because.. well just look at my "since" dates), but yeah, I kind of used to sing "Heart in a Cage" ironically and replace the lyrics with stuff about not drinking coffee... seemed like an improvement.
Man I'm so sorry you can't listen to music anymore :(

Yes, I think it's better than Room on Fire! I see that you're a Londoner... when they find a cure for this shit we'll go for a pint and blast this album out in a pub garden somewhere ;)

Man I'm so sorry you can't listen to music anymore :(
Well, actually, I can still listen to some music, just very specific types of music; essentially anything sans instruments traditionally found in the rock genre and that hit seriously high notes (like flutes for example).
I see that you're a Londoner... when they find a cure for this shit we'll go for a pint and blast this album out in a pub garden somewhere ;)
Dude, it's a date!

I've got so much on my post-tinnitus-To-Do list (loads of albums to catch up on for example); will be happy to meet anyone who has survived/is surviving this war on our mental resilience.

So, something one of my favourite Tinnitus Talkers wrote on their profile page made me think of this song.

Took me right back to the early days, when I would be up in the a.m. by myself, unable to sleep, watching old re-runs of Trigger Happy TV on E4.

This song often played in the show and it always amused me how appropriate the lyrics were to my situation, considering it was a song I would never have known of, had Dom Joly not decided to include it as part of the soundtrack because it's melancholy theme was so at contrast with the absurdity of the show.

Great bands, especially Empire of the Sun! I had lots of their songs on my shabby Sony Walkman phone. They were kind of a super hyped band back in 2008-2009. Speaking of which, what happened to DJ Shantel and his Bucovina band? Disko Paritzani was such a big hit back then and it has been stuck with me ever since :D

You have some good taste there, Vasili. Love Pokey LaFarge big time. Have you ever visited their concert ? They sound as good live as on their recorded albums. I had the opportunity to visit them at a concert in 2018 & never had an inch of regret of listening to that folksy blues.

Anyhow, here are a few of my favourites that I think you might like:

Pokey LaFarge | Something in the Water | Official Video

Pokey LaFarge | Riot In The Streets (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Pokey LaFarge - Must Be A Reason (Official Music Video)

Pokey LaFarge - Going To The Country

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now