• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Post Your Favorite Songs

@Damocles, are you fan of Jethro Tull? Aqualung is one my fav songs of all time.

@Damocles, are you fan of Jethro Tull? Aqualung is one my fav songs of all time.
Yo @ZFire.

Don't know them, sorry.

Funny really, you'd think I should know a British group of this calibre, but I'll admit I was always pretty ignorant of bands that formed before I was born.

I mostly liked modern (for the time) US "rock" bands (like the ones you see above: My Chemical Romance, Hellogoodbye, Alkaline Trio etc.), with a couple of UK exceptions (Lostprophets (now defunct because the lead singer was basically the Welsh version of Michael Jackson), Iron Maiden, The Cure and a couple of others no one in the US would ever have heard of). Also some east-Asian Pop and Electronica that I started liking when I began my studies in 2007.

As a result I can no longer listen to anything that vaguely resembles the "rock genre" (more or less any song that uses Electric guitar or Drums amongst it's ensemble of instruments) without suffering a week long spike. So I no longer know what passes for modern "rock" (or classic "rock" for that matter, if I didn't discover it prior to severe tinnitus).

Most of the songs I post here I just remember from memory, but can't actually listen to myself anymore.

X(Fire)/@Damocles Gon' Give It To Ya

Definition:

X.PNG

Nah, I meant (H)YPERACUSIS gonna give it to ya, but HFire is fine too.
Ah, I see.

I thought you might be wanting to join the Fire crew @Stacken77.

But I was confused, because you would most certainly be

sfire.jpg

SFire!!!

not HFire...

In any case, I'm pretty certain X gave a couple people T and H.

I'm a massive fan of Visual Kei, the ability for a man to be flamboyant but still considered masculine is something I resonate deeply with.

Enjoy :)

I'm joining this thread late. Apologies if someone has already posted these. I have a lot of favorite songs. Maybe like a top 20 I could narrow down to. But for the purposes of sharing I'll pick-

One of my longtime fav:

Hey been trying to meet you, must be a devil between us...

Iconic.

My Favorite at this moment:

There's a point in the middle where the voices blend together in an intoxicating way.

I'm currently dealing with a spike now after exposing myself all day by listening to this song on repeat. I'm sorry to bring suicide into this thread (like a do to all the threads, dragging it around with me wherever I go...)

But, I think if I'm ever gonna do it, it's gonna be while listening to this. Nick Drake killed himself as a 26 year old after suffering from major depression for many years. I've only just discovered him today, and I've only heard this song, but I can already tell there's never been a recording artist who's had as strong a relationship to the riverman (death) than Nick Drake.

I like how all their songs are its own thing, if that makes sense.
Absolutely! I love how dynamic they are song-to-song album-to-album and yet still retain a distinct unique sound/style. They've inspired so many other great (and my other favorite groups/artists/musicians). Their live performances are pure electricity.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now