• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Pulsatile Tinnitus for About 5 Years, Thinking of Going to the Doctors Again

Charmel

Author
Jun 4, 2018
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hi. I am 26 years old and I have had pulsatile tinnitus for about 5 years now. At least I think I do, but I have never been diagnosed. It's hard to explain but I have a nearly always constant rushing sound in my left ear that keeps in rhythm with my heartbeat/ pulse.

When it first happened I was too scared to look it up and self diagnose what was happening. I saw a doctor, a nurse and an audiologist who all said I was fine and there was no problems with my ears and it would go away in time whatever is was and tinnitus was never brought up.

Other people I talked said it sounded like I had tinnitus although the way they described it, it was a buzzing or humming in the ear. I did my own research and I found out it can be all different noises and there isn't any cure, so I've didn't bother going back to the doctors. And it did stop momentarily for a couple of months after I first got it. But it did come back and I've been putting up with it ever since.

I did do some further research after it came back and it seems that if I have pulsatile tinnitus there is something that could possibly be done about it. But since I felt I had been dismissed by three different professionals when it first occurred it has put me off seeing someone again. Usually I just ignore it and watch tv with the subtitles on but lately it's been feeling like it's getting worse and I am thinking of going back to GP and insisting that I be taken seriously and have a proper examination. My partner thinks I should as I was almost crying with frustration over it and normally I don't let it bother me.

That is why I am hear now to see if anyone has had any luck with getting their tinnitus sorted or if I am just being overly dramatic. Also just to vent even if no one reads this because I am tired if feeling alone. I don't know anyone with pulsatile tinnitus or anyone my age with any long term tinnitus.

Hello @Charmel. I have had PT for almost 2 years now. One of my kids is your age but I can still relate to what you are going through. GO, RUN back to a doctor that is going to take you serious. Most of the time there isn't any serious but you must first rule out the serious stuff. Get an MRA! Good luck. We are out here too living with it every day.

I feel the same way, I've been dealing with this since December and it really has affected my whole life and daily activities. Since the pulsatile tinnitus I get severe panic attacks, I feel awful, I have seen an ENT, I've had two CTA's and an MRI on my brain which came back normal but I feel
As if it's getting worse . My head hurts,
I feel pressure in my head and neck, I've been to the emergency room SEVERAL times. I just want to find a cure for this or find out what's causing this .

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now