• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Random Tinnitus Success Stories from Twitter

cjbhab

Author
May 1, 2017
Sask, Canada
Tinnitus Since
06/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Sinuses, Ear infection
Maybe there is hope. :whistle:

25897D86-AE18-435E-AB04-321F9E0A9124.jpeg

D21AC879-629C-45D8-90A8-A79E5831A4AA.jpeg

F88ADE19-7549-4E1F-9EF2-F75A8AF16D3B.jpeg

CC5B81C0-A812-46D1-922F-D11446632DAF.jpeg

7CBE3C31-02E1-443B-BA9B-E3409E8E39D2.jpeg

173CB151-BC7F-415F-B76A-1757A9583F29.jpeg

C924F81E-C699-4F83-A1CC-DB587A264E26.jpeg

19F6D591-DA0F-4E76-9485-09799283056F.jpeg

A72D2A8E-C2D5-4F2D-85B8-2F86FBC3D39C.jpeg

Hope. You've gotta keep it. I like reading things like this though. Tricks my brain into thinking it'll fade one day. I don't think I would want to wait 32 years though :LOL:

Maybe there is hope. :whistle:
Oh, there is always hope!

Tinnitus does get better for most people. It takes time, but it gets better.

Of course, for some it does not get better and you will have a majority of such cases on online forums looking for support. The people on such support forums represent only a small minority of people who struggle with their tinnitus. It might lead you to falsely believe that 'suffering' and tinnitus always go hand in hand.

I would like to clarify that I say all this respectfully. The suffering is real, mine included. But for most people, they get over it. There is always hope.

G'day.

As soon as I discovered a brain tumor was a likely factor in my tinnitus, I'm afraid I've let hope go... and yet... I'm hopeful because what else have we got?

I am pleased that people do improve, get better and even get complete remission.

It gives hope.

I think a lot (if not all) of these recovered cases were likely stable mild-to-moderate sufferers.

If you are stepping into the severe territory and have hyperacusis, dysacusis and perhaps some hearing loss, then the harsh reality is you have less chance of improvement.

Only so much healing can occur and your brain can only dampen so much of the noise(s).

Spikes get better with time. Unfortunately, the baseline tinnitus usually just keeps getting worse as the months and years go on.

Spikes get better with time. Unfortunately, the baseline tinnitus usually just keeps getting worse as the months and years go on.
Once again generalising. There is nothing saying it gets worse. It's just your experience. People half your age don't need to be told it's going to get worse. This won't help anyone.
I am pleased that people do improve, get better and even get complete remission.

It gives hope.

I think a lot (if not all) of these recovered cases were likely stable mild-to-moderate sufferers.

If you are stepping into the severe territory and have hyperacusis, dysacusis and perhaps some hearing loss, then the harsh reality is you have less chance of improvement.

Only so much healing can occur and your brain can only dampen so much of the noise(s).
@AnthonyMcDonald had one of the worst cases I've read on here, and he has improved a lot by the sounds of it. You stated that you got tinnitus just over a year ago, so you still could improve with time.

Not true as many people have 11/10 tinnitus volume, hyperacusis and dysacusis initially which recedes over time. There are success stories on here outlining exactly that. Just takes a while to get there.

Not true as many people have 11/10 tinnitus volume, hyperacusis and dysacusis initially which recedes over time. There are success stories on here outlining exactly that. Just takes a while to get there.
If the tinnitus and hyperacusis don't get better for a while, usually the reaction does. I just read this article and felt it was really good:

The Zen of Tinnitus Acceptance | Psychology Today

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now