Rinri Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Nick47, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Subjarna
      Transparent

Subjarna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced + Stress
      Having objective measurements is a great promise. Otonomy and Frequency Therapeutics previously relied solely on audiograms and patient subjective reports.

• Agree Agree x 5
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick47

Nick47 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      I know they are genuinely confident. The preclinical work spans at least a decade. They expect significant increases in audiogram readings, from severe profound to moderate. The small cohort is elderly patients with age-related hearing loss.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Muggumbo

Muggumbo Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/Acoustic Trauma
      That's absolutely great to hear. I can't wait to see its effect on tinnitus in the future.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Note
      Wishful

Note Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing, microsuction
      Big news!
      Isn't auditory neuropathy hidden hearing loss that isn't detected in audiograms?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Muggumbo

Muggumbo Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/Acoustic Trauma
      If it heals hearing loss in general, I assume that it would heal the hidden hearing loss. The audiogram is just one way to measure it, I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Beyond Biotech - Can Cell Therapy Tackle Hearing Loss?

Using its OSPREY platform, UK-based Rinri Therapeutics is developing a portfolio of off-the-shelf regenerative cell therapy products to address sensorineural hearing loss, a significant global medical challenge.

The company’s lead asset, Rincell-1, is designed to regenerate auditory neurons and provide a novel treatment for patients with severe-to-profound age-related hearing loss or auditory neuropathy. The company is looking to start first-in-human trials in 2025.

Today, on the podcast we have a conversation with Rinri CEO Simon Chandler about the different kinds of hearing loss, what’s being done to tackle them, and Rinri’s novel approach to treatments.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      We can come back in 2030 for an update on the (potential) Phase 2 results :) Is it like 10-15 years on average between pre-clinical and market availability...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Utdmad89
      Depressed

Utdmad89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Great! So there really is nout! Why even bother posting about Phase 1 stuff? It gets hopes up for literally nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Yes, unless you get in a clinical trial. That's why I always encourage people to be proactive and GET IN CLINICAL TRIALS.

All too often, I hear things like 'I don't want to be a Guinea pig,' 'There is an MRI', 'It involves surgery, etc.'

Okay, then wait 10 to 15 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      Looking on the bright side, I’ll be dead by then.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    11. IYIiKe

IYIiKe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible Ototoxic Reaction to Sertraline and Hydroxyzine
      I understand the spirit and intention behind this advice, and it is indeed valuable for people who are seriously contemplating ending their lives. However, for most others, it seems dangerous.

For those of us with families, especially young ones, this mindset isn't viable. Even if life is a living hell most of the time, if I can survive and provide for my family, that's just how the cookie crumbles. There is no way I can risk worsening to the point where survival is no longer possible or where I can't give my family the quality of life they deserve. I suspect many here, even in the worst of spirits, are hanging on for their loved ones.

I can't afford to spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars on flights and missed time from work.

For every study with even moderate efficacy, you'll find tens to hundreds of others that are akin to a slightly polished Unit 731. Some leading figures in tinnitus research, according to this forum, regularly prescribe narcotic "cocktails" that have about as much scientific backing as trying to pray tinnitus away.

It's probably best to wait for results, even if they don't come until after we're gone. Hopefully, with advances in AI and other research, these answers can come in years rather than decades.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Valid points.

My main point is that @linearb has found Auricle to be effective for him, and it's just a matter of time since he was in the Phase 1 trial 7-8 years ago.

Stem cells, gene therapies, and implants are still far off. A reputable company like Rinri Therapeutics prioritizes safety and regularly monitors patients in trials.

This is slightly off-topic, but for patients considering trials, the two Extracochlear ones and Neurosoft are definitely worth looking into.