• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

So it's been a few weeks since I began taking Saffron and the results have been good.

The sound level of the tinnitus has decreased slightly, but the bigger effect of it has been that the noise itself doesn't annoy me as much, if that makes any sense?

Well that's my verdict so far and I'm happy enough with the results.

I should add my experience with Saffron since I tried it a couple of years back.

It had no effect on my tinnitus whatsoever. Good or bad.

I am early in a Saffron experiment with my tinnitus. I've read here and on Reddit that Saffron has an effect. To check this method, I have been eating Saffron threads with breakfast cereal in milk. I have done this (inconsistently) on and off for about 3 weeks. I feel like my current method is the best routine so far.
  • Week one: I did it wrong (Saffron + cereal at lunch, also supplement pills) and then
  • A week or more: I skipped a week (includes 177 mg Saffron supplement pills, which had almost no impact).
  • This week, I am starting each morning with cereal + Saffron threads, also supplement pills.
It is early to make any conclusions, but it seems to cut my tinnitus "bad days" in half.

My tinnitus volume cycles over few days:
  • Day 1 it's a FIVE out of 10 (medium loud)
  • Day 2 it's a FOUR out of ten (medium loud)
  • Day 3 and 4 It's a ONE out of ten (softer)
then the cycle repeats. Sometimes there are more softer days in a row, but this is the general cycle.

With Saffron, the medium days are half their normal amplitude. In other words, I have cut the PEAK amplitude days down to half as loud. I know this is true because I chart the tinnitus (daily). For an example, compare this "Saffron thread" week (Day 52-57) with "no Saffron threads" last week (Day 45-52).

I feel like it's too early to report any conclusions, so I will write another post in a week or two, when I have more data. The longer I can demonstrate peak reduction, the more convincing the argument becomes.
  • Length of time I've had tinnitus: 3.5 years
  • Worst period: Onset, it gradually reduced but has not disappeared
  • Cycling began: 1 year ago
  • Saffron amount: 500 mg (approximate)
  • Threads or pills?: I prefer the Saffron threads (the supplement pills have almost no effect)

And after I am certain that I have achieved a measurable effect, my next experiment will reduce the amount of Saffron in the next few weeks to find a more manageable (lower dose would be cheaper and less risky) amount.

NovDec-2023.png

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now