• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Since Yesterday... :-(

Definitely progress today. The whistling now sounds like a distant dentist drill.
The softer ringing is now taking over the baton as most noticeable.

Definitely progress today. The whistling now sounds like a distant dentist drill.
The softer ringing is now taking over the baton as most noticeable.
Normally, ears take forever to heal. Progress, if any, can be noticed when one compares to how one felt a month (months?) ago. Since your progress appears to be faster than that, it really looks like yours was only a minor ear injury. Your prognosis is looking good!

I'm also able to think a bit more clearly now.
I've gone from wanting to do nothing but sleep (tinnitus doesn't affect my sleep),
to being able to do simple tasks, to concentrating a bit on solving things again.

It's been even difficult to navigate this forum without losing attention this week.
Yesterday was the first day I was even just able to look a bit further.

Maybe when the whisper disappears I can think more clearly again.
I think I already know what the cure to tinnitus will be, though I think in really simple term, but when the whisper stops, I'll spam the board with it.

Normally, ears take forever to heal. Progress, if any, can be noticed when one compares to how one felt a month (months?) ago. Since your progress appears to be faster than that, it really looks like yours was only a minor ear injury. Your prognosis is looking good!

That's good to know. I still feel dismayed at the fact that one sound has all but disappeared, yet there was another "underneath" in the other half of the brain. :(
I'm hoping the half will cure as well.

yet there was another "underneath" in the other half of the brain.
I found that when my T gets quiet temporarily (its volume changes all of the time), it starts sounding like it is in my head - which is actually more disturbing compared to when it is just in my ear.

Right after I said "I'm hoping the half will cure as well." I felt an urgent need to lie down in bed and heard my brain slowly "fixing" the ringer. Static electricity moved all through my head as if my brain was busy fixing stuff there. Then my ears hurt as if two sides of it had been "turned on" again, like the whistler and the ringer had been fixed or something and I could hear the sound again and it was hurting my ears.
The ringer is gone. I've got the whistler again, perhaps this one's a quieter one and I can hear another quieter ringer underneath I only heard before this morning.

[Edit]
AAaaaaaand.... it's all back again.

[Edit]
Actually, I think it's gotten softer again. My tap was able to mask my tinnitus. I think that's new.

I found that when my T gets quiet temporarily (its volume changes all of the time), it starts sounding like it is in my head - which is actually more disturbing compared to when it is just in my ear.

To me that was the progress I felt last week going from Sunday to Monday.
While it was more disturbing, at least it got quieter.

What I found more disturbing is the layers.
I thought it was just one ear, one sound, once it's gone, that's it, but oh no, we've got layers upon layers.
Just a couple of minutes ago, for bit of time, layer 3, which I will call the chime, ruled over the ringer and the whistle and perhaps another one.

The last few days it's just been mild. I'm doing more things and so I get more spikes.
Hearing someone talk or watching tv at normal volume is enough to get one.
I'm thinking of going to work tomorrow and see how that goes.

First day of work. Music is playing softly, but despite that it definitely contributes to spiking. I don't want to spoil their fun.

I ended up with louder T from just being at work :(. I guess soft music, computer fans and car noise was enough. Used Audispray and it immediately went down a notch or two. I really don't understand it, but I'm staying home again.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now