• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

Okay just read the patent using the South Korean patent site's high tech machine translator and did some research on this technology. It looks like he has discovered a novel method of regenerating hair cells and other damaged parts of the cochlea and this technique has been verified by other experiments.

Someone needs to tell him that western tinnitus patients are very skeptical about scammers and his website is kinda scary. Other than that. This looks very very legitimate.
He knows. He is focusing on his Korean site right now, which looks a lot better. His English site has more or less always been a place-holder/domain park.

Also, his current clinic is rather new. He closed down his previous clinics after being forced to move away due to family circumstances (which is not for me to elaborate on).

Can you elaborate on how you came to your conclusion to go?

If this is all very legit, and it sounds like this... shouldn't someone notify the ATA/BTA?

Or would that go against their agenda???

Hmm.......
shouldn't they already know about all of this and have flown down there to investigate if this is real? are they trying to help us? what is going on here?

You'd think they'd promote it if they know, also what's the cost? I thought I read it somewhere
The cost varies depending on severity. One treatment can cost $6,000. Sometimes it can cost $3,000 if he is running a sale that apparently happens once a year. People wth slight hearing loss like myself can have two treatments for price of one due to the effectiveness of treatment vs damage.

$6,000 is realistic since that is actually a standard cost for stem cell treatments (though he mostly uses growth factor).

The cost varies depending on severity. One treatment can cost $6,000. Sometimes it can cost $3,000 if he is running a sale that apparently happens once a year. People wth slight hearing loss like myself can have two treatments for price of one due to the effectiveness of treatment vs damage.

$6,000 is realistic since that is actually a standard cost for stem cell treatments (though he mostly uses growth factor).
Interesting, what is your HL if you don't mind me asking? and have you done an extended audiogram?

Interesting, what is your HL if you don't mind me asking? and have you done an extended audiogram?
Last time I checked the worst damage was 17 dB at 4khz on my left ear. Could have gotten worse. The difference in hearing from my ears is uncomfortable and tinnitus is absolutely unpleasant.

By the way, when I was asking him questions he mentioned that he is seeing about improving the effectiveness of his treatment, and thinks he came up with a solution. That may mean less round window shots would be needed.

Last time I checked the worst damage was 17 dB at 4khz on my left ear. Could have gotten worse. The difference in hearing from my ears is uncomfortable and tinnitus is absolutely unpleasant.

By the way, when I was asking him questions he mentioned that he is seeing about improving the effectiveness of his treatment, and thinks he came up with a solution. That may mean less round window shots would be needed.
Very cool. I'm at 10 db across the board, but all my problems are above that.

Hmm. Should I join JA and take a trip?!
If you both were seriously considering this, then it's worth a try. You'd both be helping this community out. Most of my hesitation comes from lack of testimonials from people I know and trust. Also it would be much safer if you two could meet up together and go as a pair. Traveling alone is scary.

If you both were seriously considering this, then it's worth a try. You'd both be helping this community out. Most of my hesitation comes from lack of testimonials from people I know and trust. Also it would be much safer if you two could meet up together and go as a pair. Traveling alone is scary.
It's hard to believe anything when it comes to T.You know people in Korea?

I wish. Many of the women there I'd definitely love to get to know lol. ;)

I know someone who's parents are from Korea, but don't know anyone who lives there personally.
Ha! Did they say he's a sham? Do they have T? Right now I'm talking to SC clinic that claims to treat hearing loss.. and I'm deciding where id like to spend my money. Fortunately I'm in a position where I could try one and another soon after

Ha! Did they say he's a sham? Do they have T? Right now I'm talking to SC clinic that claims to treat hearing loss.. and I'm deciding where id like to spend my money. Fortunately I'm in a position where I could try one and another soon after
I don't think he is. I asked a Korean lawyer who lives in NYC. He lived in SK up until he was 16, and when I asked him he said he believed it was true. I also traced Minbo's personal information to figure out he indeed was an ENT and visited Stanford for a while as a student trip. I know strongly he is an ENT, and have faitth that he is telling the truth about his treatment based on what I found online, but I don't have any personal experience with his clinic or know anyone who went there. I am hoping the latter changes soon.

I don't think he is. I asked a Korean lawyer who lives in NYC. He lived in SK up until he was 16, and when I asked him he said he believed it was true. I also traced Minbo's personal information to figure out he indeed was an ENT and visited Stanford for a while as a student trip. I know strongly he is an ENT, and have faitth that he is telling the truth about his treatment based on what I found online, but I don't have any personal experience with his clinic or know anyone who went there. I am hoping the latter changes soon.
That's awesome. What we know is all we know so maybe this guy's got a answer for some people

http://cmclinics.com/category/uncategorized/page/2/

http://cmclinics.com/category/about-our-clinic/

how is it possible that there is a treatment to regenerate hearing losses and improve Tinnitus conditions like this and no one in the medical world is talking about it?

I don't know. I think the reason for him not being well known is simply because he is a fresh face that hasn't been doing this for very long and so he hasn't built a reputation. He still has some papers he intends to publish that go into detail about his treatment to the public.

I did find a scientific paper that talked about a similar treatment in detail and the effectiveness. The one I posted before. Maybe it is similar to that? I think it is.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now