Struggling Here

Gabapentin will help penetrate GABA medication. In my opinion, you have to look at the withdrawal symptoms which include tinnitus.
Danny Boy, I saw my neurologist today and asked for some sort of medication that can be used as needed when the spikes become too much to bare and I need a reprieve (usually I am borderline panic attack at this point) and he recommended as needed gabapentin (dose of about 600mg) OR a drug called Depakote as needed. Either of these medications would only be taken as needed (typically 3 times a month max) to control extreme anxiety and they have been known to reduce volume of tinnitus temporarily.. Do you have any experience with this?

Danny Boy, I saw my neurologist today and asked for some sort of medication that can be used as needed when the spikes become too much to bare and I need a reprieve (usually I am borderline panic attack at this point) and he recommended as needed gabapentin (dose of about 600mg) OR a drug called Depakote as needed. Either of these medications would only be taken as needed (typically 3 times a month max) to control extreme anxiety and they have been known to reduce volume of tinnitus temporarily.. Do you have any experience with this?

Indeed I do. Sodium Valproate can be useful as it increase GABA in the brain, it also works on the KV2.7 potassium channels and some people have reported a reduction in tinnitus and is a sodium channel blocker and inhibits the re-uptake of GABA by neuronal cells. Gabapentin is unlikely to reduce tinnitus, but you'd have to try both to see the effects it has on you personally.

Hopefully it will go back to normal , you had it a long time 2 yrs.Wish we had something to ease the noise, hard to believe there is nothing. Try to relax, maybe some meditation ‍♀️.

Hi!

I heard swooshing pulsating tinnitus sounds for 2 weeks before I got diagnosed with a carotid artery dissection. I am on xeralto for 6 months now to prevent cloting. My tinnitus is basically gone, but I can still some days hear my heart beating in my ear. I am 29! Same boat as you!

Hi!

I heard swooshing pulsating tinnitus sounds for 2 weeks before I got diagnosed with a carotid artery dissection. I am on xeralto for 6 months now to prevent cloting. My tinnitus is basically gone, but I can still some days hear my heart beating in my ear. I am 29! Same boat as you!
I am glad your tinnitus has lowered.. mine improved when I got off the aspirin but it's raging right now as has been for a week. It's the worst. It's funny this post popped up today as I am also really struggling right now. :(

Ah I am sorry to hear! I know it is not easy. It is really challenging. I hope that you will feel better soon!!!! ❤❤❤

I am glad your tinnitus has lowered.. mine improved when I got off the aspirin but it's raging right now as has been for a week. It's the worst. It's funny this post popped up today as I am also really struggling right now. :(

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now