• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Tested Positive for COVID-19 — Tinnitus Spike

Hi all, just in way of an update; After a few days of mild fever I'm now feeling a lot better and my tinnitus has quietened down a lot, not 100% back to baseline though I'm pleased for some reduction. I suspect the fever aggravated it and I've had a few sleepless nights. I also think that my ears may be a little clogged which probably doesn't help either.

From reading some of your comments above, I believe we will all be exposed to COVID-19 at some point. I don't think anyone can say for example that they haven't had a cold before.

The vaccines do help, I'm double jabbed and who knows what my experience would have been like if I was unvaccinated.

Good opinion piece in Newsweek Magazine -- Below is the introductory paragraph...

Why I'm Not Vaccinated | Opinion

"I am not vaccinated. In a sane society, a personal decision like this would not warrant a column, or even an explanation. But we do not live in a sane society. As a healthy 36-year-old woman, COVID-19 does not pose a statistically meaningful threat to my life. I have a 99.97 percent chance of survival. Why would I get a vaccine for a virus that I do not fear and that isn't a threat to my life—particularly when there is an element of risk from the vaccines?"​
Looks like people in Austria will not have a choice anyway if they take the vaccine or not in the new year according to this...

Austria plans compulsory Covid vaccination for all

"Austria is to become the first European country to make vaccinations against Covid 19 mandatory"

Wonder if other countries will follow.

@Nick116 - how are you now? I got COVID-19 3 weeks ago (3 months after my second Pfizer). I had some congestion symptoms (head cold) so my tinnitus spiked a little due to that in the first week. Then last week I had a couple of days where I didn't sleep well and tinnitus was slightly increased/unpredictable. This week though I seem to be going back to my baseline (hearing it mostly in quiet rooms only).

Is your smell coming back yet? I was very lucky that I only lost mine for about 2 or 3 days, both taste/smell back to normal now. The wife though is struggling 2 weeks after infection with this (especially smell) - does seem to be very random how everyone reacts with that.

Wishing you well.

I was just wondering how your tinnitus is doing? I recently got COVID-19 and my tinnitus is really loud. Praying it goes back down.
I got COVID-19 early December 2021 and it did affect my tinnitus for a couple of days but later it settled back to the previous baseline.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now