• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Tinnitus for 1.5 Months After Music Festival — The Most Horrible Ailment I've Ever Suffered

Frankly guys, this is making me suicidal. I'm getting no sleep. I wish it would stop.
I am so sorry to hear that. It is horrible to be without proper sleep for so long. Have you tried any sleep medication? You could maybe try something like Melatonin first?

I listen to the videos of this guy Michael Sealey every night to go to sleep - he often has background music to his videos which masks the tinnitus to an extent and it is very relaxing. Maybe you could try that or similar?

At the beginning, benzos helped me to get calm and fall asleep, although I only got a few tablets, it was good when I was really exhausted and couldn't fall asleep.

You could also try a weighted blanket. I heard that can be relaxing. You could try getting lavender essential oil and put it in a candle diffuser.

These are all small things but together it can be really helpful I believe.

What I used to do in the beginning was also to try to tire myself out by going to the gym or just for a walk outside. I read it is important to expose yourself to sunlight in the first half of the day to get a good sleep. I also got an infrared lightbulb to increase circulation but it can be very relaxing for the muscles. There are studies finding that it boosts the production of Melatonin which can help to get a good sleep.

Frankly guys, this is making me suicidal. I'm getting no sleep. I wish it would stop.
Hey @Blackbird1016, so sorry to hear the lack of sleep is catching up and causing mental distress. I very much know this feeling, and it is no joke when so many on this site say sleep is SO important. The nights I don't sleep well at all, it's those next days where I am my most depressed and scared. What's helping me some is a low dose of Ativan (0.25 mg, I break a 0.5mg in half) and low dose Remeron. Many here have found low dose Remeron to be helpful to sleep and no effect on tinnitus. I know meds are scary, in the very beginning I was like "I don't want meds!" But you need to get some sleep and stability in these early stages, so sleep is number 1 priority. You can always wean off things, some have difficulty but many who eventually have success stories on here leaned on meds in the beginning the slowly tapered off. I would try to contact your GP or ENT to discuss options for sleep.

I'm so sorry to hear you're suicidal again. I can relate because I got sick in early September and I am only marginally better after three months, same as you.

Have you looked into trying NAC (to help replenish glutathione) and curcumin (to bring down inflammation)? When I consider my arsenal of vitamins and supplements, I think these two are the ones that have helped me the most, even though I haven't even been taking them daily. I think that if I were to commit to a daily regimen of these two things, I might improve some more. (The reason why I haven't taken them every day is because I'm also taking about six other vitamins and supplements and I had some trepidation about being on too many different things at once.)

What you shared about the similarities between HPPD and tinnitus was fascinating, by the way. I can totally see how the two conditions have a shared root cause.
Thanks. Yeah, I actually have taken those.

I'm just stating the reality of the situation. This is bad.

I am so sorry to hear that. It is horrible to be without proper sleep for so long. Have you tried any sleep medication? You could maybe try something like Melatonin first?

I listen to the videos of this guy Michael Sealey every night to go to sleep - he often has background music to his videos which masks the tinnitus to an extent and it is very relaxing. Maybe you could try that or similar?

At the beginning, benzos helped me to get calm and fall asleep, although I only got a few tablets, it was good when I was really exhausted and couldn't fall asleep.

You could also try a weighted blanket. I heard that can be relaxing. You could try getting lavender essential oil and put it in a candle diffuser.

These are all small things but together it can be really helpful I believe.

What I used to do in the beginning was also to try to tire myself out by going to the gym or just for a walk outside. I read it is important to expose yourself to sunlight in the first half of the day to get a good sleep. I also got an infrared lightbulb to increase circulation but it can be very relaxing for the muscles. There are studies finding that it boosts the production of Melatonin which can help to get a good sleep.
I really don't like the masking noises. They keep me up as well. Unfortunately, I'm someone who slept in total silence prior to this.

I did try Melatonin. Had a bad run in with the 3 mg they sell at the pharmacy for adults so I bought a children's pack at 0.5mg. Hopefully that gives me better results.

Still hoping this goes away.

Hey @Blackbird1016, so sorry to hear the lack of sleep is catching up and causing mental distress. I very much know this feeling, and it is no joke when so many on this site say sleep is SO important. The nights I don't sleep well at all, it's those next days where I am my most depressed and scared. What's helping me some is a low dose of Ativan (0.25 mg, I break a 0.5mg in half) and low dose Remeron. Many here have found low dose Remeron to be helpful to sleep and no effect on tinnitus. I know meds are scary, in the very beginning I was like "I don't want meds!" But you need to get some sleep and stability in these early stages, so sleep is number 1 priority. You can always wean off things, some have difficulty but many who eventually have success stories on here leaned on meds in the beginning the slowly tapered off. I would try to contact your GP or ENT to discuss options for sleep.
I get what you're saying but I won't be doing meds. That's just a personal solid no for me. I'm glad it works for you though.

I'm taking children's 0.5 mg Melatonin lol, the 3 mg was too strong.
Hey, whatever works! I have 1 mg dissolving tablets from Source Naturals, called Sleep Silence Melatonin (available on Amazon). i also do Natural Vitality Calm; it's Magnesium that you mix in water and drink. It can be found on Amazon. I also do half of a Benadryl when needed.

I really don't like the masking noises. They keep me up as well. Unfortunately, I'm someone who slept in total silence prior to this.

I did try Melatonin. Had a bad run in with the 3 mg they sell at the pharmacy for adults so I bought a children's pack at 0.5mg. Hopefully that gives me better results.

Still hoping this goes away.
Hopefully the children's pack will be helpful, fingers crossed.

I also used to sleep in a total silence and noises wake me up quite quickly, but the videos I mentioned work for me because it's a guided meditation so I try to focus on what he is saying, I forget about tinnitus and it relaxes me to the extent that I fall asleep. Now, whenever I turn the video on I fall asleep quite quickly as I think my brain made the association between it and sleep.

If you think this wouldn't work you could also try autogenic training and do it in 'silence', there is quite a bit of info about it online. It is a simple relaxation technique whereby you slowly repeat certain things to yourself until you start to feel them, e.g., heat. The premise is that we hold tension in our body and when we manage to relax the body and bring it to a positive state, the mind relaxes as well. I sometimes do this to fall asleep and it has worked for me quite well.

Have you ever managed to fall asleep on a bus/train or in a car? If so, it was surely quite noisy. I know it is a different context when you're lying in bed and you're used to quiet but it might help to think that you are actually able to sleep in some level of noise as it happened in the past and you just need to learn how to do it in a different context.

And of course the noise might go away, I'm also still hoping for this to happen but these things may help in the meantime.

Hopefully the children's pack will be helpful, fingers crossed.

I also used to sleep in a total silence and noises wake me up quite quickly, but the videos I mentioned work for me because it's a guided meditation so I try to focus on what he is saying, I forget about tinnitus and it relaxes me to the extent that I fall asleep. Now, whenever I turn the video on I fall asleep quite quickly as I think my brain made the association between it and sleep.

If you think this wouldn't work you could also try autogenic training and do it in 'silence', there is quite a bit of info about it online. It is a simple relaxation technique whereby you slowly repeat certain things to yourself until you start to feel them, e.g., heat. The premise is that we hold tension in our body and when we manage to relax the body and bring it to a positive state, the mind relaxes as well. I sometimes do this to fall asleep and it has worked for me quite well.

Have you ever managed to fall asleep on a bus/train or in a car? If so, it was surely quite noisy. I know it is a different context when you're lying in bed and you're used to quiet but it might help to think that you are actually able to sleep in some level of noise as it happened in the past and you just need to learn how to do it in a different context.

And of course the noise might go away, I'm also still hoping for this to happen but these things may help in the meantime.
To be honest, I've always struggled with sleeping with any kind of sound. I've actually always carried Advil PM and earplugs on me because of this. I'm not using Advil PM right now because it is ototoxic.

I see. I'm in a particular bad mood at the moment. I may come around in the future but I currently just completely hate the situation I'm in and want it to go away. Haha. Maybe the meditation could help down the line...

Still praying it goes away though.

To be honest, I've always struggled with sleeping with any kind of sound. I've actually always carried Advil PM and earplugs on me because of this. I'm not using Advil PM right now because it is ototoxic.

I see. I'm in a particular bad mood at the moment. I may come around in the future but I currently just completely hate the situation I'm in and want it to go away. Haha. Maybe the meditation could help down the line...

Yeah I completely understand, it's shit having to deal with all this. It's still quite early and I've read plenty of stories of it going away after many months or even 2 years so that's still a possibility.

How are you going now? Any more improvements? Reading what you've gone through has made me calm down a little bit, so thank you! :)

Hi @Blackbird1016, how are you? Reaching out again to see how you are doing now.

My tinnitus is driving me insane. It was very fine for a few days and I hardly noticed it.

But I got a spike, not sure why, it sounds like high-pitched electrical wires. I don't know how to calm it down.

I'm so sorry to hear you're suicidal again. I can relate because I got sick in early September and I am only marginally better after three months, same as you.

Have you looked into trying NAC (to help replenish glutathione) and curcumin (to bring down inflammation)? When I consider my arsenal of vitamins and supplements, I think these two are the ones that have helped me the most, even though I haven't even been taking them daily. I think that if I were to commit to a daily regimen of these two things, I might improve some more. (The reason why I haven't taken them every day is because I'm also taking about six other vitamins and supplements and I had some trepidation about being on too many different things at once.)

What you shared about the similarities between HPPD and tinnitus was fascinating, by the way. I can totally see how the two conditions have a shared root cause.
Thanks. Sorry you're dealing with this as well. I'm six months in now and it's still here. I don't think it's improved much, possibly not at all.

I have been able to fix my sleep for the most part though by taking 200 mg Magnesium and 1 mg Melatonin at night. I'm not a huge fan of the Melatonin (I swear it makes my dreams menacing) but it allows me to sleep so I take it for now.

I just started taking NAC again. I gave up all hope for a while and wasn't taking any supplements.

Yeah - I think there is some kind of similarity between the HPPD and tinnitus, and I do believe tinnitus (noise induced) is curable. I haven't quite worked out how but I still believe it.

Hopefully it will be gone before 12 months and I won't have to join the chronic ringer club. Haha.

Hi @Blackbird1016, how are you? Reaching out again to see how you are doing now.

My tinnitus is driving me insane. It was very fine for a few days and I hardly noticed it.

But I got a spike, not sure why, it sounds like high-pitched electrical wires. I don't know how to calm it down.
Hi,

I'm not sure how much help I can offer. Unfortunately, it is still here. The past two months I have been able to get a regular sleep schedule back again. I'm using 200 mg Magnesium at night with 1 mg Melatonin. I've also started taking 600 mg NAC again (during the day) and a B12 supplement.

The sound is pretty much the same though. I'm at 6 months now. I'm still hopeful it will go away but no longer particularly optimistic.

It is very hard to deal with but if you push through you can get past the worst of it, or at least I've managed to stop feeling suicidal from it over the past two months.

Hi @Blackbird1016,

I too have had tinnitus for about 6 months now, with little improvement. My hyperacusis has reduced tremendously though, so I am happy with that.

Do you plan on going to loud events in the future, with proper protection of course? Are you listening to music via headphones?

Hopefully it will be gone before 12 months and I won't have to join the chronic ringer club.
ezgif-2-a727623e59.gif

things I am currently trying:
  • Invested in earplugs, regular and musician style.
  • Avoiding loud places (no bars, no movie theaters, no live music, etc). I had to turn down several Halloween parties/events.
  • Keeping music at a low volumes overall (TV, radio, etc).
  • Eating very clean, vegetables and protein, low carb and low inflammatory.
  • Supplements: NAC 600 mg, Magnesium 400 mg, Vitamin D3 50 mcg, Vitamin E 180 mg, CoQ10 100 mg - I was taking Ginkgo Bilboa as well but I do not like how it makes me feel so I have taken a break from it for now.
  • No OTC medicines that can harm ears (aka Advil, Advil PM). I used to take these often.
  • Quit caffeine - I have not had coffee in almost two months.
  • Quit alcohol - I have not had a drink in almost two months.
  • Low to no sugar or processed foods.
I'm relatively sure there's not a single other thing I could do at the moment other than give it time and treat it like a sprain and stay positive.

Some other things I am considering:
  • Exercise - although I'm at a healthy weight for my age.
  • Psilocybin - probably a last resort I would not play with unless this lasts over a year.
Jokes aside @Blackbird1016, I am very impressed at your treatment plan.

If I could have my time of onset over again, this is exactly the route I would take (minus the psilocybin at any point).

Seeing as this is your first serious noise injury and experience of tinnitus, I would say that if you maintain discipline and keep this up, you will achieve either: full remission, or, in the worst case scenario, end up with a case of extremely mild and unintrusive tinnitus.

I would recommend all newcomers follow steps like these in the acute stage. Very sensible.

Jokes aside @Blackbird1016, I am very impressed at your treatment plan.

If I could have my time of onset over again, this is exactly the route I would take (minus the psilocybin at any point).

Seeing as this is your first serious noise injury and experience of tinnitus, I would say that if you maintain discipline and keep this up, you will achieve either: full remission, or, in the worst case scenario, end up with a case of extremely mild and unintrusive tinnitus.

I would recommend all newcomers follow steps like these in the acute stage. Very sensible.
Thank you. I'm still off the caffeine completely (I actually just like not needing a coffee in the morning haha) but I have had a drink here and there since March.

I think I'll leave an updated post since I've actually tweaked the vitamins/supplements a bit.

Fingers crossed for some continued improvement.

Hi all,

Since people seem to find this thread useful, and there isn't a lot of information on tinnitus, I wanted to give my seven month update.

For some background:

My tinnitus onset was September 19, 2022 following a two day music festival a month after suffering tinnitus for two weeks after an EDM festival (three days) and not knowing what it was.

The two week episode self-resolved with no issue; and I didn't know it was anything serious (most people said it was "normal") so I did not realize I was at risk for anything.

After the two day music festival I went to a month later, I had very loud ringing that made it impossible to sleep along with aural fullness, muted hearing and some pain.

It was bad. I did two rounds of Prednisone, and if you scroll back through these posts you can find the exact dosages I was given. I did find the Prednisone helpful but unfortunately the ringing has persisted. The aural fullness, pain, and muted hearing all resolved luckily (I would say within 1-2 months). I do not and did not have hyperacusis.

And since a lot of people ask, I will note here that I've never used in ear headphones in my life (just didn't like the sensation of them) and have very rarely used over-ear headphones (occasionally for music when I was very young and a little bit for work). I generally listen to music using speakers and have phone conversations with speakers even pre-tinnitus. I also never really listened to my music or TV at loud levels pre-tinnitus, and I had never experienced any ear ringing for my entire life until the first incident at the EDM festival at 30 despite going to many live music events almost weekly since my mid 20s.

Seven Month Update

---Sleep---

I am able to sleep, even on my side, despite still having the ringing. I am sleeping 7-8 hours uninterrupted once again. This has been a major improvement for my health.

What worked for me:
  • 1mg Melatonin (I use two 0.5 mg children's capsules and hope to taper off this eventually)
  • 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate
I take these about an hour before bed every night. Sometimes I really dope myself up with an additional sleepy time tea (valerian root). It's not ideal but sleep is extremely important so it's worth it.

I try to go to bed within the same time frame every night (10 pm-11 pm) and wake up same time (7:30 am-8:30 am).

I've also completely quit coffee the past seven months and feel that my energy levels and mood are much more stable throughout the day than they were while I drank coffee. I don't intend to ever drink caffeine again aside of the occasional caffeinated tea.

I also don't keep my phone in the bedroom and am generally trying to not use it at all during the day aside of phone calls or checking texts a few times a day... bad for your dopamine levels.

Having a normal sleep schedule has been a huge accomplishment for me. I'm sure many of you can emphasize with how much this condition screws with your sleep. I was running on zombie mood the first 2-3 months.

---Diet---

I still am eating a pretty clean diet. High vegetable and protein, low inflammation, almost 90% cooked by me. Good for the wallet and the body.

I do have some sugar here and there - been snacking on a large chocolate bar from Easter but I try to keep it very occasional since sugar really isn't great for you anyway.

---Alcohol---

I have started occasionally consuming alcohol again. On about 6 occasions in the past 3 months I've had some alcohol, mostly a drink with dinner here and there.

When I have a drink with dinner, I notice no significant change to my tinnitus level.

On the two occasions I did drink more heavily, I noted my tinnitus became much louder like it was immediately after I first attended the EDM festival.

On these occasions I had something like two martinis, and once was while seeing some live music for two hours which I'm sure did not help.

I'm lucky it resolved next day both times. Based on this, and the fact alcohol isn't great for you anyway, I plan to keep the alcohol consumption very occasional and low (1-2 drinks).

Alcohol isn't great for you anyway, is inflammatory, and consistent use can inhibit your body from absorbing nutrients.

---Supplements---

I'll have to be very frank here and say my supplement use has been very inconsistent as of late aside of NAC, Vitamin D and CoQ10 (and Magnesium at night).

I've revamped my supplement schedule and intend to start taking them consistently. For the past week I've been taking:
  • 100 mg CoQ10
  • 600 mg NAC (but 1200 if I've been exposed to loud noise that day)
  • 125 mcg (5,000 IU) Vitamin D3 (I found a brand called naturewise that does not use soybean oil in the soft gels, instead they use olive oil.)
  • B-Complex Vitamin with C (Includes: 150mcg Vitamin C, 100mg Thiamin, 20mg Riboflavin, 25mg Niacin, 2mg Vitamin B6, 656mcg Folate, 15mcg Vitamin B12, 30mcg Biotin, 5.5mg Pantothenic Acid, 35mg Calcium.) I was originally only taking a B12 supplement but have decided to swap to the B Vitamin complex since (to my understanding) there are multiple B vitamins involved in nervous system health.
  • 180 mg (400 IU) Vitamin E
Everything I'm taking is revolved around nervous system health, calming the nervous system, and boosting immune system. Whether or not it does anything... I can only say from my anecdotal experience it has not made anything worse.

I do not have any daily medications I take so I cannot say how any of this may interact with other meds. Do your own research and speak with a doctor before you try anything, as I am not one.

***If you have any suggestions on other supplements to try or knowledge about these or other ones, please let me know!***

---Noise Exposure---

This has been a giant life change for me. I have barely gone anywhere loud since my tinnitus onset.

I have exposed myself to live music three times since the event, 2 out of the 3 with earplugs. Once without earplugs. All times for no longer than two hours. All times with some alcohol in my system.

What I can say about this - it does immediately raise my tinnitus levels if I do it without the ear plugs and I do not like it.

With the earplugs, I do not seem to get a spike but I also do not enjoy wearing the earplugs.

Live music and loud things continue to not be worth the risk for me despite the fact I love dancing and music.

It's unfortunate but what are you gonna do.

That being said, I still listen to music and TV at home and in my car.

In my car never over 14-17 on the volume thing.

And I keep my TV and music relatively low.

I still play guitar. Playing guitar does not spike my tinnitus. I play acoustic though.

From what I read, I do think noise exposure is important to prevent hyperacusis but you need to keep the volumes low/comfortable.

---Noise Exposure on Flights---

About four months after onset I took two very long international flights.

I sat in economy on both flights (24 hour long flights).

Here is what I found - sitting in the middle ish to front part of economy did not give me a noise exposure spike.

Sitting at the back of the flight for the way home gave me a very loud noise exposure spike that completely freaked me out, even with ear plugs.

I will be paying extra to pick my seat for the time being.

The spike did resolve.

---Silence---

I haven't heard it in a while. When I say silence I mean spending time in solitude with the only noise present being that which ceaselessly rings in my head.

Yes, it is miserable to not hear silence.

But I can say that I am now able to read, think, write, etc with the same amount of clarity I did pre-tinnitus. Sometimes I even manage to take a nap with no fan on.

The ringing is lighter than it initially was and I hope it continues to get fainter.

I'm sure this is also partially due to my mind habituating albeit at a slow rate.

There's mixed opinions on whether or not people with tinnitus should spend time "hearing" their tinnitus if they hope to stop hearing it. I don't think it has a major affect either way and personally just cannot tolerate listening to fake forest noises or music all day. I do like to hear the closest thing I can get to silence, so I do spend time with my ringing.

It hasn't made it worse and I do not think it's prevented any improvement.

---Mental Health---

I was perfectly happy and not suicidal pre-tinnitus.

I was the most suicidal I have ever been in my life immediately after the tinnitus.

I seriously did not know if I could handle living with the tinnitus. I called the suicide hotline often the first 3 months and they reached back out with wellness check calls.

Do not be afraid to call the suicide hotline if you need to. They are there for you to vent at 4am when you haven't slept in 78hours due to incessant ringing that would be considered a war time torture tactic going on nonstop in your head.

It did get better. I can't really say what did allow me to get better but I went from suicidal to depressed to annoyed and fearful.

That is where I'm at now mentally. I am annoyed by it and fearful of it getting worse but it is no longer controlling my entire life.

Hopefully it fully resolves...but I did want to let the people that may be lurking here and suffering with suicidal thoughts know it is possible to get past the suicidal ideation.

I would suggest these three things:
  1. Use your life lines. Cry to that random person on the suicide hotline at 4am when you know it's way too late at night to wake up your friends or family with jobs for the ninth time because your ears won't stop ringing.
  2. Fix your sleep schedule. Do whatever you can to get things sorted out so your getting 7-8 hours and not waking up at odd times and sleeping the day away from pure exhaustion after.
  3. Make yourself a schedule with daily goals and promise yourself to do at least one of them every day. If you do more, great but at least do one. Even if the goal is something like "shower" or "wear a nice outfit" or "take a walk". It helps trust me.
While tinnitus does not control my entire life it, I do feel the need to be honest and say of course it unfortunately does still control some parts of it - and it may always control these parts of my life.

What it controls:

Where I can sit on a plane, how much alcohol I can drink, what kind of noise and how long I can be exposed to noise if at all, how I sleep (I need a fan and sleep focused supplements)

And I absolutely f*king hate it for that. I really do. Especially the sleeping part.

But I would say this is normal and healthy for the situation, and helps me stay motivated to continue protecting my auditory health and hopefully improving it.

So don't be worried about having negative emotions about it. Use it as fuel for improvement. It does get better. And perhaps it completely goes away.

---Conclusion---

At 7 months I still have ringing. It is mostly only in quiet places like my apartment and very loud in rooms like my bathroom. I do live next to a main road but the noise of cars on the road does not seem to totally drone it out. I don't seem to hear it when I'm outside unless I have drank heavily or been exposed to loud noise.

I'll let you guys know how things continue to develop.

All the best.

I am wondering if alcohol without loud noise can cause tinnitus? Sounds ridiculous but wondering if anyone has heard of a case like that...

@Blackbird1016, how are you going now? Do you think you have improved over the last year, like the actual volume of it? Or do you think you have just managed to cope better?

Cheers.
Hi @Kerza,

I still have it. It is a little over a year now. I'm not going to lie, it hasn't improved. I'm less suicidal from it. Some nights I manage to sleep without any masking noise but most I can't.

Wish I had something better to report back.

Hi @Blackbird1016. I'm a noise-induced concert casualty as well. Thought I'd share my experience.

First, I totally agree, there should be explicit dB warnings. Right on the tickets, posters on walls etc. There should be buckets of earplugs around venues. I work in a factory, and each area has its own dB level measured and clearly posted. Along with, "warning, hearing protection required." It's mindblowing that this isn't a thing in the entertainment industry. I lost a lot of public trust after my incident, and learned the hard way how critical self-advocacy is.

I went to a painfully loud metal concert in a small enclosed venue back in 2019. Now, I always had mild tinnitus ever since a child. But it was just the 1/10 quiet room only kind. After this show, it spiked the hell out of it to levels I didn't know were possible. To where a fan no longer drowns it out. I was also left with sound distortion (everything sounded brassy and shrill, no warmth), aural fullness, ear popping/TTTS, and sound sensitivity. I was also deafened and it was hard to hear my own voice. And hear anything against background noise. Yet, like many here, I could pass the standard audiogram...

Devastated would be an understatement. The ensuing depression destroyed me. Passively suicidal, I quit my job at the time, and pretty much moved into this forum full-time for a year and a bit.

Fast forward 4 years, and I can tell you that I've improved a lot. I wouldn't say I'm 100% better in any category, but probably 85% better overall. I started to see significant improvement after the first year. The tinnitus is now much closer to my old childhood levels. Like only a 2/10.

It's a slow burn, but I suspect yours will eventually resolve to some degree even if it doesn't completely go away. You're doing everything right with diet and nutrition.

I tried all of the supplements, too, but what I strongly believe expedited my recovery the most was actually massage. My ENT had told me that my (ear) "muscles" were swollen. And for the longest time I stubbornly brushed this off, completely certain my symptoms stemmed from irreversible cochlear damage only.

When I started just massaging my temples, and other curiously stiff and sore areas along my head/neck, I noticed it freed up deafness. And subsequent exposures to loud sound would cause these same areas, particularly temples and neck, to stiffen/clench up again.

Inflammation can take a long time to resolve, and in cases like this I think a guiding hand can literally help speed it along. I strongly believe that there is a physical/muscular component to ear trauma that goes under the radar, but can actually be addressed.

I hope this helps, and I'm here if you ever want to chat!

Is there any real evidence that eating healthy has any impact on tinnitus? Cutting down on salt and sugary foods? I'm sure it can't hurt, but does it actually help? It seems the kind of BS that doctors say when they have no treatment or cure for something. "Eat Healthy".

Personally, it doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I'm just wondering if anyone can say they've experienced noticeable benefits from changing their diet. The answer always seems to be the same. "Hasn't helped, but hasn't hurt".

I am wondering if alcohol without loud noise can cause tinnitus? Sounds ridiculous but wondering if anyone has heard of a case like that...
Alcohol seems to aggravate my tinnitus, but only the next day. It does place a demand on the liver to process. Within Chinese medicine, this would aggravate the liver meridian, and thereby increase tinnitus. I would think this could be explained in Western terms as well.

I believe there are people who have posted that alcohol does not seem to affect the tinnitus they experience.

Glad you are getting sleep. It took me at least 6+ months before I could get a decent night's sleep.

Hi, @Blackbird1016. Thanks for sharing your experience. How are you doing now?

I have had ten weeks of constant tinnitus, after spending 5 to 6 hours at a music festival in early September 2023.

This was the first music festival that I have ever attended in my life, and I had absolutely no idea of the risks that loud music poses.

I have gone from being a very happy person to someone who is now struggling with regular suicidal thoughts.

I don't know if my tinnitus will improve or not. As mentioned, I am just over two months in.

Grateful for any advice and if you can tell me if it gets easier or not.

Thanks.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now