Tinnitus Research Initiative / Annual TRI Conferences

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Markku, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Aisling

Aisling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/9/12
      Hudson I also think the research by autifony is looking good. I had never heard about them before. Was there any trials of their drug ever done?

2. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I don't think that any clinical trials on humans have been done by Autifony. I can't find any solid information on what kind of a molecule AUT3 is, other than that it is a Kv3.1 potassium channel modulator. I have no idea then if they would try any trials on that particular modulator, or if they would try and develop similar compounds with fewer side effects before going into clinical trials. Basically, I don't know a whole lot other than they have not performed clinical trials with this yet.

3. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      http://www.autifony.com/autifony-pipeline.asp

Clearly I lied in my earlier post. It seems within the last week Autifony has greatly revamped their website with all sorts of new information. They even have on that link that they are conducting a phase 1 clinical trial (they are based in the UK so I am assuming it might be there). The good news about their compound is that it seems to be directed at chronic tinnitus cases.

People *cough* Louise *cough* in Europe might be excited to hear about it. I sent them an email asking a bit more information about their trial, let's see if they divulge any. A search on clinicaltrials.gov site search reveals nothing about Autifony.

They seem to be getting things around pretty quickly after they presented their results at the TRI conference, entering into Phase 1 trials. Perhaps there's a bit more of an industry race going on than what we realize.

4. Aisling

Aisling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/9/12
      Ooooo interesting!!! Yes they are moving fast aren't they. When they reply to your e mail will you let us know what they say. Thanks

5. Viktor Salvatore
      Smug

Viktor Salvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7-5-11
      Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan is working on a DOD sponsored research project. They will be the first with a "cure" for Tinnitus...whether it is a silencer or a "get rid of her",,,,all the same they will be the ones. Check out the studies for Tinnitus at Wayne State. I have been part of their research program in the last year and am very confident after speaking with the scientists that they already have steps in place to come out with the news in the next two years.

6. captzutter

captzutter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      From reading the page after googling "Tinnitus Wayne State", it sounds like their approach is via invasive surgery and implants. Is this something you are participating in?

7. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      From the researchers profile page, they specify they are now testing his research results on humans. So this is not animal model, which is a good step forward.

• Like Like x 1
    8. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey all, the Tinnitus Research Initiative conference is coming up in March in New Zealand. Anyone on the board attending? It would be great to have someone feed us some news, since some of the top researchers will be there discussing the latest. Here's a link, so you can check out the speakers. http://www.tri2014.org.nz/tri14

My audiologist is giving a podium talk, so maybe I can get some details on other presentations from her.

• Like Like x 2
    9. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      It would be cool if they posted a pdf listing the talks, projects and paper names anticipated at the event like they did last year. That was very cool in that it gave us an idea of what to expect. I found out about Autifony from that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I believe they will, they've done that every year as far as I remember.

11. Garden Ring
      Mellow

Garden Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      That's a shame. I just thought that if the next conference is held somewhere in Europe I would be delighted to try to attend it. But flying to NZ is way too expensive. Guess, we'll have to rely on what we hear from your audiologist :)

12. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      oh and usually these kind of conferences are for researchers, registrations can be VERY expensive. Unless you are scientifically knowledgable about the subject, most talks would be gibberish for most of us :)

13. michalCZ

michalCZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      The review process ( of abstracts ) has finished and notification has been sent. I think as last year and the year before the abstracts will be available in pdf after the conference. Please, who gets to them first, let's publish here. I translate some articles on the czech web about tinnitus.

14. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      The 8th conference finishes tomorrow. We can expect an abstractbook soon.

• Like Like x 2
    15. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      • Like Like x 3
    18. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      What a wonderful conference. I am a media content creator. Ive been to hundred if not more conferences.
      Here one that will benefit all those with this awful malady.

19. joejunior

joejunior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2001
    20. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Are you suggesting they are misleading people?

Don't you see the part: Welcome to the first issue of the Action on Hearing Loss Translational Research Initiative for Hearing (TRIH) newsletter.

They mention Action on Hearing Loss. It's a link to another good initiative. They are not trying to make it look like theirs. You are reading too much into it.