Tinnitus, TMJ, Headaches, Neck Pain, Facial Pain, etc. — Possible Treatment

Wow these are again amazing pieces of information thanks a bunch man! I really like the way you're dealing with this. :)
About the MVP it's another thing actually worth testing for, but the list of possible causes has become so long by now that one must remain a bit sceptic. In my opinion when the T would be because of MVP, i would think it would have a pulsation that is either the same as your heartbeat, or the double of it (blood flowing out, and then back in again), or slower, in case it doesn't happen with every heartbeat-->blood flow movement. Which is not the case with the "white noise pulsation" which is way faster, and very irregular too. It does make me think though, remember that pulsatile "morse code-ish" T we we're talking about a while earlier? It is intermittent in my case, and i vaguely remember you saying you had it too sometimes, what i did notice about that one is that it pulsates double as fast as my heart beats at that moment, and i regularly noticed that i would mostly have this T when my heart rate is elevated, and whatever speed my heart would be beating at that moment, it would always pulse at double that speed, that's something i find quite interesting, and i'm convinced all those T's (which is probably the one T morphing in different sounds like crazy) share the same cause, it has to be. Then again, i can imagine muscle spasms in the middle ear, particularly the stapedius muscle, or restricted blood flow causing this too, so i don't know honestly, it only seems logical to me that when the heart rate is elevated because of stress/physical activity, the muscle spasms would get a higher/ more severe rate too.

It is interesting that the stylohyloid muscle is a major muscle in the play here too, i also can modulate my T quite severely (compared with all other movements, one more than another) by protruding the lower jaw, and the same happens when sticking my tongue out to my nose like you said, not only it hurts below the tongue, radiating around(especially beneath) the lower jaw bone instead of directly around the tongue, it tiggers a "textbook" white noise sound. I think the platysma muscle is in play here too though, especially when protruding the lower jaw. It is even more interesting that the blood and nerve supply for the stylohyloid comes from the facial nerve and arteries, which are responsible for a lot of the muscles that cause major changes in our T, i'm only curious which is the cause and which is the consequence.
A constricted nerve, or a constricted vein, it's all perfectly possible because of muscle tension, inflammation, or dislocation actually, and it sounds quite logical to me that that constricted vein would keep the muscle problem alive in turn, one badass vicious circle.

I do agree, especially the inner ear is most certainly not the cause, and the sound is indeed what i got too when yawning or other movements like that, especially, i sung death metal vocals for some time just as an amateur, grunting etc..., i don't know how familiar you are with that, but you tense up a lot of muscles in the facial and neck area when doing that, especially the platysma and masseter(or at least i did), and i got that noise too then, even more extreme than when yawning, and it does indeed seem like that sound keeps sticking around.
On the other hand, i haven't fully discarded the DCN rewiring theory (misinterpreted signals), as on the other hand, when we are suffering from a lot of myofascial and neck pains, i can imagine those movements (like yawning, moving the neck 90°, tensing the platysma and all else) would cause a lot of pains don't you agree? Only they don't, or at least not to the degree i would expect, the same goes for that motorcycle accident i had(2-3months before T i think), where i smacked sideways head and neck first to the ground at a little less than 50kph, i stood up, and i immediately was boggled i had no pain at all, nothing, in the head, shoulder, and neck part of my body although that part took the hardest hit, i heard this very loud T for a few hours, i was dizzy, nauseated and i felt like crap, but no pains at all, (my arms and legs did hurt though). All those things passed after a few hours, and the pains we're currently talking about only came i suspect weeks later.
My gut feeling does tell me too that there's probably more to it, but i haven't found arguments to discard that theory, it seems quite legit actually.

One more interesting thing i noticed, in the months before T, i had these really annoying episodes of itches in the neck area, radiating downwards along with the levator scapulae, and the kept increasing in severity, and were actually quite severe i think, because my skin was quite rashed of scratching it the whole time, and then, somewhere around onset T, poof they vanished in about a few days, now what is even weirder, is that those itches always did coincide with moments i had those heart arrythmias we talked about earlier( now don't you dare imagining a lunatic scratching like there's no tomorrow, because it does sound like that :p but i just wan't to emphasize they we're very annoying). It seems so random, but chronologically speaking it must be related. I haven't had those itches since then though, or very midly. Except for a week or so i had the same in the area of the upper jawbone, but not only during arrhytmias, continuous for a week, with no dermal cause, and then they just vanished too.

Also one last thing, i don't know if anyone here is still suffering from pains more or less in the middle of the upper back, around where the shoulder blades end, and the spine area starts(so you have 2 locations actually, one on the right and one on the left if you're following me)? I had that for quite a while, though not so severe the last weeks, well i noticed the levator scapulae goes downwards from the neck along with the edges of the shoulder blades until it stops. I managed to discover some extraordinarily TP's there and release tension from them, since a few days the pain at those 2 locations is literally gone, whatever movement i do, no pains there, only some in the levator more up in the neck, which i will try to resolve too. So apparently for me, the levator scapulae was responsible for that. Thought maybe someone might benefit from this. :)
levator_scapula_trigger_points_referred_pain.jpg

The most central line of TP's sums up quite nicely where the pain was situated for me.
@Sjtof

Thanks for such great information! :)

Its interesting that you had the noise as well while yawning, and especially while tensing up your muscles around the jaw area doing vocals. I had the exact same thing.. I vividly remember each time I was doing situps and bench presses that I would have this hiss as well.. But it seemed like that sound was triggered by muscles in the jaw and throat. I remember that when I tensed my throat I would get this sound, and the same with my jaw. It also seems like I can tense most muscles without affecting my T, except my throat and jaw related muscles.

I did visit an ultrasound guru yesterday. He did a scan of my carotid arteries and some of its branches and also the jugular veins. The walls of the arteries and veins were all smooth, and it did not indicate any signs of stenosis or anything like that. At least not where they were scanned.

But, the blood velocity (speed of the blood) was unusual high down at the sternum area (about the spot where the omohyoid muscle is crossing the carotid artery). And from what I understood, it was an indication that the carotid artery was somehow narrow or narrowing down in this area. It might not be related, but thought I should mention it.

The itching you are talking about is quite interesting as well.. Because I had some itching at the back of my shoulder. I remember it was pretty annoying.. But I dont have that anymore as well.. I only get some minor itching in my ears from time to time.. More like a tingling/ithcy feeling.

The pain between my shoulders are pretty much gone after a massage therapist took care of it. Now I only have some minor sore feeling which doesnt bother me at all.

You do have a point, that we should have had at least some slight pain when tensing those muscles in the past if it was the same mechanic behind it. However, what I do find interesting is those stinging one or both sided headaches we had before onset. Those would look an aweful lot like migrain headaches. And when stretching my stylohyoid muscle using my finger I got the same headache back for a while. I also read that irritation to the nerves around this area is a common cause of myofacial pain. And another very weird thing I have noticed is that when I sort of listen to my T, I get some random aches out of the blue. Then if I pay close attention to my muscles while doing this, I can indeed feel muscles in my throat, face and around my ear tensing up. I mainly suspect its the styloid muscles and the auricularis muscles that are tensing when listening for this sound. The same happens if I hear loud noise.. Somehow those muscles are being tensed when I sort of try to avoid a sound.

Could it be that the styloid muscles and the auricularis muscles were way too tense in the first place, and when we added additional tension to them, they got injured and maybe inflamed affecting the network of nerves in close proximity of them? I would also think that a slight dislocation somewhere in the neck could add strain to them as well, as it seems like especially the omohyoid and the stylohyoid are both linked to eachother, starting from the temporal styloid process down to the hyoid bone and further down to the sternum/clavicle area towards the scapulae. I just find it very boggling that "trying to listen for a sound" or "trying to avoid a sound" is literally adding strain to my styloid and auricualris muscles and sort of seems to trigger myofacial pain as well. Even when Im stressed out I strain those muscles and I try to catch myself doing it.

If this is the case, and if this does not only apply to me, it could look like a very evil loop and explain why stress, sound, anxiety etc would have such an impact on the symptoms we are experiencing.

From the past, I do remember having inflammation in various muscle tendons because of injuries or too much strain during heavy workouts. It was pretty painful and the muscle was pretty much disabled for quite some time, and pain were radiating. If I kept lifting, it seemed to only become worse. I especially remember I had it in my biceps tendon, and I had to take some pills to get rid of it. And for some reason, I found that relaxing the biceps were quite easy. But the stylohyoid muscle seems to tense up all the time. It seems like the only way of relax this muscle would be general anesthesia, lidocaine or something similar.

I dont know if you have the same thing going on, but this muscle is a killer for me. I subconsciously tense it in about whatever I do. Especially if I listen to my T or are stressed out, and the myofacial pain seems so closely related to tension of the styloid muscles. Even the one sided stinging headache seems to be directly related to this. Dizziness as well. Nausea seems to be related to auricularis anterior (but not so much anymore).

Im trying to find some exercises and relaxation techniques for this muscle, but Im not able to find much information regarding this muscle at all, so I have to go for my own gut feeling. That would include sucking on candy (it feels like the muscle relaxes while doing this). Also stretch the omohyoid and stylohyoid by looking at the ceiling and turn my head to the right and left (it feels like this exercise adds some stretch to it). If you happen to know of something, please let me know.

Of course, the above could be all wrong, but I do suspect that the styloid muscles and the lateral and medial pterygoideus are playing a major role. Also, they are all attached very close to the auditory meatus.

And like @Sjtof says, I too get some random toothaches now and then, and I do believe that its caused by nerve irritation.
Also, its the same for me when waking up.. My T is low and pretty much none existant at the time Im waking up.. As soon as I start doing something, moving around etc etc the facial pain and T gradually flares up, and ends up worse during the end of the day.

But as I have stated before, Ive had spontanious recovery (or whatever happens) when lying in a special position. When this happens, everything goes away for a while. It would be very interesting to know what happens in that second of recovery. It does feel like something physical is happening in that moment. Like muscles are adjusting and releasing everything that is related to tension. However, it literally feels like the muscles are instructed to tense up until an equilibrium is found. Maybe injury or strain to a muscles makes this equilibrium impossible to sustain. Or some ducts opening up releasing some liquid and the pressure sensation goes away, or a blood vessel that is opening up. I have no idea, I can just describe it as weird. Fleeting Ts are always involved when this happens as well, and it seems to happen when Im relaxed and not thinking about it so to speak.

I attached another image of the muscles in the throat (Source: Wikipedia).

Stylohyoid_muscle.PNG

I think MVP would be nice to rule out as well, as I believe it could attribute to turbulence in the blood flow.

I also read a great comment @Sound Wave wrote in a post, regarding silent reflux.
Probably something to have in mind as well.

If theres some dislocation, pinched nerve or major inflammatory process going on, I would think that theres a slight chance they will pick this up on the MRI I will have done in about 2 weeks. This will be done at a private clinic.

@chronicburn
@Sjtof
@Sound Wave

I was looking further into the anatomy of a previous post regarding the suprahyoid muscles (digastric, stylohyoid, geniohyoid, mylohyoid) and infrahyoid muscles (sternohyoid, sternothyroid, thyrohyoid, omohyoid) and I think I have found some more information that some of you might find interesting. At least I did.

I have posted some information about thoracic outlet syndrome in a previous post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( Source: http://www.tos-syndrome.com/old1/newpage12.htm )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THORACIC OUTLET SYNDROME SYMPTOMS

UPPER EXTREMITY

ARTERIAL
|- NUMBNESS OF ARMS AND HANDS
|- TINGLING OF ARMS AND HANDS
` -POSITIONAL WEAKNESS OF ARMS AND HANDS

VENOUS
|- SWELLING OF FINGERS AND HANDS
` -HEAVINESS OF THE UPPER EXTREMITY

NERVES
|- UPPER EXTREMITY PAIN
|- PARESTHESIAS OF ULNAR DISTRIBUTION
|- WEAKNESS OF THE HANDS
|- CLUMSINESS OF THE HANDS
|- COLDNESS OF THE HANDS
`- TIREDNESS, HEAVINESS AND PARESTHESIAS ON ELEVATION OF ARMS

SHOULDER AND NECK
` -PAIN - TIGHTNESS

CHEST WALL
|- ANGINAL CHEST PAIN
`- INTER-PARA SCAPULAR PAIN

HEAD
|- HEADACHES
` -FUNNY FEELINGS IN FACE AND EAR

VERTEBRAL ARTERY
|- DIZZINESS, LIGHTHEADNESS
|- VERTIGO, SYNCOPE
|- DIPLOPIA, DYSARTHRIA, DYSPHONIA, DYSPHAGIA
` -TINNITUS, EAR PAIN

The predisposing factors responsive for the development of thoracic outlet syndrome are fibromuscular bands, bony protuberances and long or larger transverse processes, this together with the tendinous or cartilaginous muscular insertions are responsible for the compression of the neurovascular structures at the thoracic outlet.

These abnormalities or variations of the anatomy of this area produce symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome that have been triggered by trauma or repetitive work. The symptoms may spontaneously occur because there are patients who have symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome without a history of trauma or repetitive work. The compression occurs in three anatomical structures, arteries, veins and nerves; isolated, or more commonly two or three of the structures are compressed. Compression can be of different magnitude in each of these structures. Therefore symptoms can be protean.

For example, the subclavian vein can be the only compressed structure and this patient might have a thrombosis of the vein that was called in the past effort thrombosis, or a swelling of the fingers. The subclavian artery can also be compressed with symptoms of temporary, arterial, positional insufficiency of the upper extremity. When they are present for a long time, aneurysm and thrombosis of the subclavian artery may develop with distal embolization. Nerve compression of the brachial plexus is very common and is or not associated with venous or arterial compression. Neurocompression can exist without vascular compression.

The intermingling of all this compressions, the degree, and which of the three anatomical structure is the most compressed, might produce protean manifestations of the symptoms in these patients. They are difficult to interpret unless the health provider is aware of the symptoms and the physical examination of thoracic outlet syndrome.

If any individual who has a predisposition for thoracic outlet syndrome performs repetitive work with the upper extremity, it is very likely that he will begin to have symptoms in the first few months after he or she starts to work. On the other hand, some people who may have predisposition may take a longer time and it would take years of repetitive work to show the symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome.

They may have had symptoms for a long time, without being aware of them, and at one point in time the symptoms become worse and this is when they are first noticed. The individual is affected because he feels tinglingness and weakness and heaviness of the hands and arms, pains in the chest, pain in the upper back and in the neck. It is difficult now to perform the same type of work that before was easy to do. Also the weakness of the hands, sometimes dropping of objects, make it difficult to perform repetitive work.

What symptoms does the patient have? The patient may have few or many symptoms. You can see in the web page the origin of the symptoms, the name of the symptoms, and how they can be classified; they can be together, separate, or isolated and can have a venous, arterial, or neurologic origin. The symptoms also refer to the structure that is compressed and the degree and the association with the others. Some of the manifestations are protean, like anterior chest pains, and if the doctors are unaware of this manifestations, the diagnosis is difficult to make.

( Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertebral_artery )

The vertebral arteries arise from the subclavian arteries, one on each side of the body, then enter deep to the transverse process of the level of the 6th cervical vertebrae (C6), or occasionally (in 7.5% of cases) at the level of C7. They then proceed superiorly, in the transverse foramen (foramen transversarium) of each cervical vertebra. Once they have passed through the transverse foramen of C1 (also known as the atlas), the vertebral arteries travel across the posterior arch of C1 and through the suboccipital triangle before entering the foramen magnum.

( Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brachial_plexus )

The brachial plexus is a network of nerve fibers, running from the spine, formed by the ventral rami of the lower four cervical and first thoracic nerve roots (C5-C8, T1). It proceeds through the neck, the axilla (armpit region), and into the arm. It is a network of nerves passing through the cervico-axillary canal to reach axilla and innervates brachium (upper arm), antebrachium (forearm) and hand.

Gray808.png

Vertebral_artery.png

Sobo_1909_550.png

Some half-related information about thoracic outlet syndrom symptoms:

( Source: http://round-earth.com/HeadPainIntro.html )

Omohyoid > Head, neck, shoulder, and back pain. This small muscle (actually missing from many anatomy books)can cause disabling pain and dysfunction. It's just one of the several muscles that attaches to the hyoid bone. The other end attaches to the scapula at the back of the shoulder. Aside from the severe pain in shoulder, neck, and jaw (which often appears after a bout of coughing or vomiting) there may also be weakness and tingling down arm and fingers and symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome. Pain patterns may be confused with that of the scalenes or levator scapula. An excellent article on The Omohyoideus Syndrome is available online.

( Source: http://www.sarapin.com/myofascial.html )

The omohyoideus myofascial pain syndrome described here can cause severe pain in the neck, shoulder, arm, elbow, and hand, and in the scapular, supraclavicular, mandibular, and temporal regions. The syndrome is due to spastic inflammation of the fleshy inferior belly of the omohyoidues muscle. Once it has been determined that other more serious problems have not been the cuase of the spasm and pain, the condition can be treated easily with a gentle, atraumatic injection technique.

@chronicburn

And while reading up on this I suddenly came across something interesting:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-cell_arteritis )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giant-cell arteritis

Signs and symptoms

bruits
fever
headache
tenderness and sensitivity on the scalp
jaw claudication (pain in jaw when chewing)
tongue claudication (pain in tongue when chewing) and necrosis[6][7]
reduced visual acuity (blurred vision)
acute visual loss (sudden blindness)
diplopia (double vision)
acute tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
polymyalgia rheumatica (in 50%)

The inflammation may affect blood supply to the eye and blurred vision or sudden blindness may occur. In 76% of cases involving the eye, the ophthalmic artery is involved causing arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy.[8] Loss of vision in both eyes may occur very abruptly and this disease is therefore a medical emergency.

Associated conditions

The disorder may coexist (in a half of cases) with polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR), which is characterized by sudden onset of pain and stiffness in muscles (pelvis, shoulder) of the body and is seen in the elderly. GCA and PMR are so closely linked that they are often considered to be different manifestations of the same disease process. Other diseases related with temporal arteritis are systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and severe infections.

Giant-cell arteritis can involve branches of the aorta as well leading to aortic aneurysm. For this reason patients should be followed with serial chest X-rays

@Mr. Cartman

I am familiar with giant cell arteritis as well as polymyalgia rheumatica. I even considered it in the back of my mind. These conditions can cause pain in the locations we are experiencing, but you have to remember that many conditions can cause pain in the same locations and that pain may even feel different or behave differently.

My grandmother has polymyalgia rheumatica which was most likely caused by statin drugs. I think she may have tested positive for giant cell arteritis as well, but I'm not sure. You have to get tested for the second because it needs to be treated quickly. This would be more common in the older people or people who take statins. I do not think we have this.

I saw the NUCCA upper cervical chiropractor for my first treatment yesterday. Just as I knew the "treatment" was extremely light and seemed like nothing. He said it would basically feel like he was taking my pulse on my neck. I'm doing this because I figure what the heck, I don't have many things left to try and this should be safe.

Does anyone else have face numbness that comes and goes? I get mine mostly beneath the eyes. Also is anyone else experiencing weird water or burning sensations around their body? I'm getting that too.

@Mr. Cartman

I am familiar with giant cell arteritis as well as polymyalgia rheumatica. I even considered it in the back of my mind. These conditions can cause pain in the locations we are experiencing, but you have to remember that many conditions can cause pain in the same locations and that pain may even feel different or behave differently.

My grandmother has polymyalgia rheumatica which was most likely caused by statin drugs. I think she may have tested positive for giant cell arteritis as well, but I'm not sure. You have to get tested for the second because it needs to be treated quickly. This would be more common in the older people or people who take statins. I do not think we have this.

Welcome back :)

I doubt we have GCA as well, but its a good thing to have it evaluated.
I hope your grandmother is doing ok though :)

Im up for MRI of my neck, upper back, throat and jaw, hopefullly those could pinpoint something.
If they cant find anything, Im going to buy a bottle of lidocaine and some syringes.

Did the NUCCA chiro have any clues about what we are experiencing? And did he point something out regading neck issues?

Also, theres a few sites Im going to pay some attention to as well.

Where -
The greater occipital nerve pierces through the semispinalis capitis muscle.
The zygomaticotemporal nerve passes through the temporalis muscle.
The supraorbital/supratrochlear nerves pass through the glabellar muscle group (the corrugator supercilii, depressor supercilii, and procerus muscles).

Welcome back :)

I doubt we have GCA as well, but its a good thing to have it evaluated.
I hope your grandmother is doing ok though :)

Im up for MRI of my neck, upper back, throat and jaw, hopefullly those could pinpoint something.
If they cant find anything, Im going to buy a bottle of lidocaine and some syringes.

Did the NUCCA chiro have any clues about what we are experiencing? And did he point something out regading neck issues?

Also, theres a few sites Im going to pay some attention to as well.

Where -
The greater occipital nerve pierces through the semispinalis capitis muscle.
The zygomaticotemporal nerve passes through the temporalis muscle.
The supraorbital/supratrochlear nerves pass through the glabellar muscle group (the corrugator supercilii, depressor supercilii, and procerus muscles).
I hope you are joking about the "lidocaine and some syringes." I don't know if you can do that, but if you could it would not be safe.

The NUCCA guy won't say what is wrong. These guy's just x-ray you and say your atlas is off x degrees and say they will fix it. I'm very skeptical of the science of this, but some people seem to swear by it for some reason.

I hope you are joking about the "lidocaine and some syringes." I don't know if you can do that, but if you could it would not be safe.

The NUCCA guy won't say what is wrong. These guy's just x-ray you and say your atlas is off x degrees and say they will fix it. I'm very skeptical of the science of this, but some people seem to swear by it for some reason.

Well, Ill have to ask someone experienced to administrate it.. :p

Im very interested to hear your results! I hope it could provide some results.

@Sound Wave
@chronicburn
@Sjtof
@Jay M

I just had that EUREKA moment while reading through this. I do believe this could explain a lot of cases of somatic T,
also the link between tinnitus, muscle tension in jaw and neck, loud noise, anxiety etc.

I had to manually format the text, so please forgive me if there are some typos in the article.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( Source: http://www.headclin.co.za/uploads/ftp/DrShevelPublications/Specialist_Forum_May06.pdf )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headache and tinnitus
:
correlation found

Introduction
Researchers at The Headache Clinic have found an interesting correlation between headaches and tinnitus. Both tinnitus and headaches are exceedingly common, and each affects about 20% of the population. This means that in South Africa alone, there may be as many as 8 million headache sufferers and possibly the same number of people with tinnitus! More people visit their doctor for headaches than for any other ailment, and tinnitus is the most common complaint seen by ENT surgeons.

Tinnitus is when one hears noises that aren't there. The noises most commonly heard are ringing, buzzing, zinging, whistling, humming, whooshing, or the high pitched sound that Christmas beetles make. Most people don't have very loud tinnitus, but some unlucky individuals experience such loud noise that it interferes with their normal everyday routine. It can be so loud that people sometimes say they feel like committing suicide and some have.

Although there is no external noise source, the noise is very real for someone with tinnitus.
Tinnitus can be extremely debilitating, affecting peoples' ability to work or cope with normal life activities.

People with tinnitus may suffer from:

. Extreme distress (this is common)
. Depression
. Frequent mood swings, depression or anxiety attacks
. Tension, irritability or frustration
. Poor concentration
. Sleep problems.

The interesting thing is that all the above problem so often also occur in headache and migraine sufferers.

Co-morbidity

When the doctors at The Headache Clinic examined their statistics, they found that a significant proportion of headache sufferers also suffered from tinnitus. The numbers were higher than one would expect in a random sample of the general population. Of a sample of 150 patients whose migraines had been successfully treated, no fewer than 67 (45%) had suffered from tinnitus. This figure is more than double that found in the general population. After successful headache teatment, 39 of the 67 reported that their tinnitus had either disappeared, or had improved substantially. The same correlation was found in those people who suffered from tension headache.

Where was the correlation - what was the link?

The Headache Clinic research team did a through computer generated search of the medical literature - thousands of papers were sourced and read, and the results confirmed what they had found. Tinnitus is a commons symptom of people who have muscle tension of the jaw and/or neck muscles. The research team found a large number of papers published in intenational respected medical journals, where the link between muscle tension and tinnitus had been reported. Not only that, but there was also a link between tinnitus and a bad bite. When the bite was corrected, and the muscle tension treated, the tinnitus improved or disappeared. All of the 150 headache patients that had been successfully treated had been suffering from headache related to muscle tension in the jaw and neck muscles. Muscle tension is found in both tension headache sufferers and in migraine sufferers.

When the muscle tension is reduced, the headaches and migraines disappear or improve drastically in most people.
But how could muscle tension in the jaw and neck cause a ringing in the ears?
And how could an uneven bite be part of the problem?

Where the bite comes in, is that when someone has a bite problem, it may cause existing muscle tension problems to become worse. This can happen at any time, but may also occur if there is a new tooth filling that hasn't been trimmed down sufficiently, or if the dentist has fitted a crown or bridge that is a little high, or even with ill-fitting or uncomfortable dentures.

Dental treatment
The solution?

The problem with treating tinnitus is that because muscle tension and bite problems are usually treated by dentists and dental specialists, all the reports were in journals read by dentists and dental specialists.
To make matters more complicated, in all the reports, tinnitus is mentioned almost in passing, together with other symptoms. None of the reports appeared in those journals read by ENT Surgeons.

The result has beent hat ENTs, to whom tinnitus sufferers are usually referred, are to a large extent unaware that some of the patients they are seeing can be helped or even cured by their dental colleagues. That means that there are large numbers of people out there with a condition that can be treated, but who are not receiving the correct treatment because of the way medicine has been compartmentalised into different disciplines, which very seldom communicate with one another.

But even though muscle tension in the jaw and neck muscles can cause a ringing in the ears, what is the mechanism? How do tense muscles cause one to hear sounds that aren't there?

Mechanism

To understand the answer one has to first learn a little about how the eardrum works. The eardrum (tympanic membrane) is actually like any other drum - that is, it is a tight membrane that vibrates when sound waves hit it - like a drum that vibrates when it is beaten with drumsticks. If the eardrum is too tight or too loose, then the sound will be of a different quality. So the eardrum has to remain tuned all the time, to maintain its proper tension, and to allow us to hear properly. The secret of the link lies in the way that the eardrum is tuned. On the inside of the eardrum is a tiny muscle (the tensor tympani muscle) that attaches to the eardrum, and by tensing and relaxing, keeps the drum at its best tension. This muscle is working all the time, and when it is working properly, keeps the eardrum at just the right tension. But it doesn't work in isolation. It is one of a group of muscles that tends to act together because their nerves end in the same part ofthe brain - in other words, if some of the muscles in the group tense up, then the others are also likely to become tense. If the tensor tympani pulls a little too hard, then it pulls the eardrum too tight, and one starts hearing noises. That is why headache and migraine sufferers who have been treated successfully for their headaches, also often notice an improvement in their tinnitus.

The tie-up between headaches caused by muscle tension and tinnitus was wonderfully explained in 1964 by Hylmar Myrhaug, a Danish Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon writing in the British Joumal of Oral Surgery. He explained that the constant tension on the ear drum from the tensor tympani over the years, slowly made the drum stretch. In his article, he described the changes that take place in the eardrum, which make it possible to diagnose the presence of jaw and neck muscle tension by just looking at the changed way that the drum reflects light!
Approximately 50-60% of people with tinnitus have muscle tension that can be treated, so there is hope for at least half of the world's tinnitus sufferers.

Often the tinnitus starts with exposure to loud sounds, or with extreme stress, or trauma such as a whiplash injury. This type of tinnitus is particularly likely to be related to muscle tension, as all these stimuli can result in muscle tension. In many tinnitus sufferers, however, the noise starts without any identifiable cause. It just starts spontaneously, and may get worse and worse as time passes. This type is also often related to muscle tension.

The relationship between muscle tension and tinnitus can sometimes be dramatically demonstrated. One of the patients at The Headache Clinic complained that when his neck was painful, the tinnitus was loudest.
As it happens, while he was being examined, his tinnitus became very loud, and he was able to pinpoint the place in his neck muscles that always became painful. The nursing sister who was examining him injected a little local anaesthetic into the painful spot, which relaxed the muscle and took away the pain. This reaction had been expected, but what also happened is that within 20 seconds the tinnitus had died down so much that it was barely audible.

Prevention

But it is not emergency treatment like this that is really important. It is far better to prevent the problem than to treat it once it is there. With the vast experience that The Headache Clinic team has accumulated in the prevention of headaches and migraines, it was a simple matter to tum that knowledge to the preventive treatment of tinnitus.
Particularly because the two conditions may be caused by the same problem - muscle tension.
This doesn't mean that all headache and migraine sufferers will have tinnitus, and or that all tinnitus sufferers will get headaches. Muscle tension in one patient may result only in tinnitus, in another in migraine, and in a third, both may occur at the same time. People react differently.

Treatment

When it comes to treatment, there are a number of options. The philosophy adopted by The Headache Clinic is that if it is at all possible to treat a condition without drugs, then that should be the first choice. Fortunately this can be achieved in most patients with problems related to muscle tension. About 80% of headache and migraine sufferers, and 60% of tinnitus sufferers can be helped with a patented intra-oral appliance called the Posture Modifying Appliance or PMA. that is exclusive to The Headache Clinic. It is exceedingly comfortable, doesn't interfere with speech, is invisible to other people, and it is highly effective in reducing tension in the jaw and neck muscles, and consequently, because it is a part of the group, in the tensor tympani.
Patients often ask how an intra-oral appliance like the PMA can help to reduce tension in the muscles of the neck. This is a fair question, but there is a very simple answer. The jaw and neck muscles work together in a finely co-ordinated manner. When the jaw muscles are tense up, so do the neck muscles. When the jaw muscles relax, the neck muscles also relax. If this were not so, then every time one opened and closed one's jaws to speak, chew, or swallow, then the head would bob up and down - unless of course the neck muscles compensated for the changes in jaw muscle tension. The muscles are able to co-ordinate so well because they are all controlled by the same part of the brain.

The Posture Modifying Appliance is sometimes used in conjunction with physiotherapy, or with trigger point injections to the tense muscles, which means that the muscle tension is being tackled by combining two or more therapies. The injections could be a combination of cortisone and a local anaesthetic, or in some cases, Botox. It is also important to check the bite, and to eliminate any bite problems that may be contributing to the problem.
In cerlain patients, it may also be necessary to provide an added kick-start with specific medications, although in most cases, medication is not necessary.

So the important message for headache and migraine and tinnitus sufferers out there is that help is at hand. All these problems can be successfully treated in the majority of people, and it is no longer necessary to resign yourself to a life of constant pain or intolerable buzzing in the ears or both.

@Sound Wave
@chronicburn
@Sjtof
@Jay M
@Mr. Cartman

We are fairly aware of the whole TMD, TMJD issue. The problem is that the treatments are varied, long, expensive, unproven and could cause permanent changes and problems and not fix the problem. That is the situation you are faced with.

The primary concern is do no harm. The other issue is there are tons of different theories of how to treat TMD dentally, others say that TMD is not even a jaw originated problem, but starts with muscles of the neck and back.

I saw a orofacial specialist and he said I don't even have a jaw originated TMD problem, but he said my problem is caused by the neck muscles refering pain to the jaw. He may be right, also it is possible that the jaw muscles being to tense is causing the neck muscles to be too tense, which is then referring pain to the jaw muscles.

There are many schools of thought on TMD dental treatment alone. The orofacial pain specialist I saw said that it doesn't make sense the bite would cause the problem anyway because we only chew for a few minutes every day.

One TMJ doctor I saw said it is "all about the disc" and said the disc is the problem, but a lot refutes this. This doctor as well as another wanted to give me a total "end to end bite".

The LVI school of doctors (Las Vegas Institute) will not go as far and will give a bite more similar to typical under-bite.

The issue is do you want to wear an appliance that will permanently change you bite, as people warn, and I don't know if it is true or not, and only find out later it won't fix your problem because the dentist can't prove it?

I've researched TMD, TMJ, TMJD a lot, so you can ask me about it. My first treatment after I started having tinnitus was for TMD, but I aborted the treatment of wearing an anterior repositioning device with an end-to-end bite after a month or so after learning more.

If I knew for a fact it would work and not cause harm I wouldn't care about the cost so much. However, just so you know these treatments cost tens of thousands of dollars and there is a lot of controversy so it is hard to know who to trust especially when these doctors have NO history or records or solid way to prove success. The good ones may have video testimonials.

Also, it is possible that the root cause is not a bad bite, but in some people you can improve the total functionality of the system in muscles by optimizing the bite. In this case perhaps it could have been treated elsewhere, but the more invasive treatment of orthodontics was done.

We deserve to have answers about TMD, but I hear that little research is done and the major institutions recommend against and permanent treatments until more is known.

I was thinking a few months ago that somebody should do a meta-analysis of TMD by going around the country and interviewing dentists that treat TMD and find out there results, record keeping and philosophy. Every time some organization gets a grant to research TMD they have a very narrow research on it where one doctor tries something, there is no macro-evaluation of the whole thing.

Also, muscles and trigger points are highly under-researched and hard to understand.

This guy impressed me though: http://www.midwestheadaches.com/ (LVI school of thought)

I am suspicious of these guys. I saw a different LVI guy near me and found his tests to be questionable. He had me hold out my hard and pressed down and put something in my mouth and tried to prove stuff that way. He had no objective measurements, so he could have totally been applying different force to trick me or just been doing it unconsciously. Also, where is the evidence? If there is no evidence then you need to tell patients that they can't prove it because somebody has to be first.

Also the thing that made me question TMD bite as a cause is that I'm the only one who started having neck pain around the time of getting orthodontics.

@Sound Wave
@chronicburn
@Sjtof
@Jay M
@Mr. Cartman

We are fairly aware of the whole TMD, TMJD issue. The problem is that the treatments are varied, long, expensive, unproven and could cause permanent changes and problems and not fix the problem. That is the situation you are faced with.

The primary concern is do no harm. The other issue is there are tons of different theories of how to treat TMD dentally, others say that TMD is not even a jaw originated problem, but starts with muscles of the neck and back.

I saw a orofacial specialist and he said I don't even have a jaw originated TMD problem, but he said my problem is caused by the neck muscles refering pain to the jaw. He may be right, also it is possible that the jaw muscles being to tense is causing the neck muscles to be too tense, which is then referring pain to the jaw muscles.

There are many schools of thought on TMD dental treatment alone. The orofacial pain specialist I saw said that it doesn't make sense the bite would cause the problem anyway because we only chew for a few minutes every day.

One TMJ doctor I saw said it is "all about the disc" and said the disc is the problem, but a lot refutes this. This doctor as well as another wanted to give me a total "end to end bite".

The LVI school of doctors (Las Vegas Institute) will not go as far and will give a bite more similar to typical under-bite.

The issue is do you want to wear an appliance that will permanently change you bite, as people warn, and I don't know if it is true or not, and only find out later it won't fix your problem because the dentist can't prove it?

I've researched TMD, TMJ, TMJD a lot, so you can ask me about it. My first treatment after I started having tinnitus was for TMD, but I aborted the treatment of wearing an anterior repositioning device with an end-to-end bite after a month or so after learning more.

If I knew for a fact it would work and not cause harm I wouldn't care about the cost so much. However, just so you know these treatments cost tens of thousands of dollars and there is a lot of controversy so it is hard to know who to trust especially when these doctors have NO history or records or solid way to prove success. The good ones may have video testimonials.

Also, it is possible that the root cause is not a bad bite, but in some people you can improve the total functionality of the system in muscles by optimizing the bite. In this case perhaps it could have been treated elsewhere, but the more invasive treatment of orthodontics was done.

We deserve to have answers about TMD, but I hear that little research is done and the major institutions recommend against and permanent treatments until more is known.

I was thinking a few months ago that somebody should do a meta-analysis of TMD by going around the country and interviewing dentists that treat TMD and find out there results, record keeping and philosophy. Every time some organization gets a grant to research TMD they have a very narrow research on it where one doctor tries something, there is no macro-evaluation of the whole thing.

Also, muscles and trigger points are highly under-researched and hard to understand.

This guy impressed me though: http://www.midwestheadaches.com/ (LVI school of thought)

I am suspicious of these guys. I saw a different LVI guy near me and found his tests to be questionable. He had me hold out my hard and pressed down and put something in my mouth and tried to prove stuff that way. He had no objective measurements, so he could have totally been applying different force to trick me or just been doing it unconsciously. Also, where is the evidence? If there is no evidence then you need to tell patients that they can't prove it because somebody has to be first.

Also the thing that made me question TMD bite as a cause is that I'm the only one who started having neck pain around the time of getting orthodontics.

Yeah, I didnt pay too much attention to the TMD paragraph, but rather the tensor tympani and how muscle tension in neck and jaw might stretch the eardrum, and the mechanics behind it :)

Yeah, I didnt pay too much attention to the TMD paragraph, but rather the tensor tympani and how muscle tension in neck and jaw might stretch the eardrum, and the mechanics behind it :)
Stretching of the eardrum is not the normal method by witch my research suggests tinnitus is caused. However the idea of the eardrum being stretched is scary to me, because that sounds like damage. There is some connection to the ear, but many of the nerves of the face don't need to effect the ear. The nerves connected to the neck/face feed into the same nerves as the auditory system, so they will be interpreted as noise. If these muscles spasm they can also cause spasm of the muscles in the ear and there are specific systems and types of tinnitus one would expect trough this method.

I can't remember, but the fluttering noise is one muscle, another tinnitus is another. I've had the flutter noise, which is rare for me. I've also had this weird weezing noise sound which I remember from many points in my life before tinnitus and didn't think much of it. The weezing noise is caused by holding a position of the neck. These are likely caused by muscles effecting the ear. One muscle shields the ear to noise, so if it spasms you get a decrease in hearing or maybe the fluttering things. That is where hyperacusis comes in as well, which I don't have. That is where tonic tensor tympani syndrome in tinnitus and hyperacusis comes in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_veli_palatini
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_tympani

I think even many ENT doctors don't realize the role of these muscles in conditions they treat. It is amazing how specialists know less than the patients. I can't remember now, but I've read papers explaining how each of these cause different symptoms. I don't think they are involved much in ours though.

Yes TMJD and neck musle issues must be a real problem,,,getting it treated though ,,once you start your on a treadmill of a dozen specialists with a dozen different ideas and lots and lots of your hard earned goes out of your back pocket..plus so much time...as they say on Reality TV " its a Journey" lol

Stretching of the eardrum is not the normal method by witch my research suggests tinnitus is caused. However the idea of the eardrum being stretched is scary to me, because that sounds like damage. There is some connection to the ear, but many of the nerves of the face don't need to effect the ear. The nerves connected to the neck/face feed into the same nerves as the auditory system, so they will be interpreted as noise. If these muscles spasm they can also cause spasm of the muscles in the ear and there are specific systems and types of tinnitus one would expect trough this method.

I can't remember, but the fluttering noise is one muscle, another tinnitus is another. I've had the flutter noise, which is rare for me. I've also had this weird weezing noise sound which I remember from many points in my life before tinnitus and didn't think much of it. The weezing noise is caused by holding a position of the neck. These are likely caused by muscles effecting the ear. One muscle shields the ear to noise, so if it spasms you get a decrease in hearing or maybe the fluttering things. That is where hyperacusis comes in as well, which I don't have. That is where tonic tensor tympani syndrome in tinnitus and hyperacusis comes in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_veli_palatini
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_tympani

I think even many ENT doctors don't realize the role of these muscles in conditions they treat. It is amazing how specialists know less than the patients. I can't remember now, but I've read papers explaining how each of these cause different symptoms. I don't think they are involved much in ours though.

Yeah, theres a lot of different causes for tinnitus for sure, and we have skimmed through a lot of them in this thread.
Did you have any MRI done of your neck yet? Im up for MRI next week. I dont expect it to show anything though. Next step is to have someone to measure nerve firings, not sure how they do it.

A little off topic, but Im building a remote controlled submarine with a video camera at the moment. Cant wait to deploy it in the sea :p

I just did a news.google search for "TMJ" and found this guy with a shoddy news release:

http://www.free-press-release-cente...d-central-nervous-system-cns-restoration.html

http://www.drmccarty.com/tmj.htm
http://www.tmjcure.com/

It is interesting though. He is a chiropractor. He is one of those guys that talks about these things I've heard of before:
1. Bones of the skull moving
2. Inflating a balloon up in the nose (though he says he is not doing the sinuses like others)
3. Spinal fluid.

He also does a good job of explaining how dentists treat TMD, the typical acclusal adjustment and then the "neuro-muscular" type. We should categorize all of the treatment methods for TMD that are out there.

I just did a news.google search for "TMJ" and found this guy with a shoddy news release:

http://www.free-press-release-cente...d-central-nervous-system-cns-restoration.html

http://www.drmccarty.com/tmj.htm
http://www.tmjcure.com/

It is interesting though. He is a chiropractor. He is one of those guys that talks about these things I've heard of before:
1. Bones of the skull moving
2. Inflating a balloon up in the nose (though he says he is not doing the sinuses like others)
3. Spinal fluid.

He also does a good job of explaining how dentists treat TMD, the typical acclusal adjustment and then the "neuro-muscular" type. We should categorize all of the treatment methods for TMD that are out there.

It all seems a little fishy to me (only my personal openion). I did some searches as well and I came across a forum where someone claims to have paid him a visit for TMJ.

( Source: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/...lar-joint/523684-dr-jim-mccarty-colorado.html )

"I have seen Dr. McCarty. I received 16 treatments, 8/week with 10 weeks in between. The cost was very significant and my insurance pays nothing. I also have not noticed much relief which is a disappointment because I had a lot of hope that this would be the treatment to cure me for good.

The success rates looked so good, I thought for sure I would be in the majority. I'm not sure if the numbers are skewed or if I'm just in the minority who did not get relief. I would also warn anyone doing NCR, it hurts (a lot) for about 5 minutes.

In the last 2 weeks I've started with a local cranial guy who works with a dentist as a team approach. Too early to tell."

Ill tell you about TMJ treatments I have seen on many forums people having copious amounts of treatment for it (me included) trying many different avenues but I havent seen one persons tinnitus been helped ,not one.
Give you an idea of the frustrations.An MRI was shown to have arthritis and inflamation of the TMJ I took that to the head of a TMJ clinic in a large uk hospital (privately) he said he uses his hands to diagnoseand in his opinion it looked fine on the MRI scan and his own hand s diagnosis and wouldnt touch it. (thats only a quarter of the whole story)

My big issue is teeth grinding ,infact a neuro muscular dentist built me a bite plate and one night I bit clean through it,she did not believe that was possible but i did, re bite plates Ive had 3 from different practitioners including the above head oof a TMJ dept ,they have done nothing.

,,,and to end 5 implants 24 crowns 2 bridges and gnaphology(another art in getting the teeth to be correct re jaw position at the end of all that treatment) Symptoms still the same.

Again if i could stop grinding my teeth I feel that would be a big answer but apparently once that is locked into your brain its very difficult to get it to stop ,unless someone has any ideas?

By the way on my 3 year "journey" this was my final port of call before I gave it all up

http://www.robingraytmd.co.uk/ Dont think you would get better than him,,,there you go

Ill tell you about TMJ treatments I have seen on many forums people having copious amounts of treatment for it (me included) trying many different avenues but I havent seen one persons tinnitus been helped ,not one.
Give you an idea of the frustrations.An MRI was shown to have arthritis and inflamation of the TMJ I took that to the head of a TMJ clinic in a large uk hospital (privately) he said he uses his hands to diagnoseand in his opinion it looked fine on the MRI scan and his own hand s diagnosis and wouldnt touch it. (thats only a quarter of the whole story)

My big issue is teeth grinding ,infact a neuro muscular dentist built me a bite plate and one night I bit clean through it,she did not believe that was possible but i did, re bite plates Ive had 3 from different practitioners including the above head oof a TMJ dept ,they have done nothing.

,,,and to end 5 implants 24 crowns 2 bridges and gnaphology(another art in getting the teeth to be correct re jaw position at the end of all that treatment) Symptoms still the same.

Again if i could stop grinding my teeth I feel that would be a big answer but apparently once that is locked into your brain its very difficult to get it to stop ,unless someone has any ideas?

By the way on my 3 year "journey" this was my final port of call before I gave it all up

http://www.robingraytmd.co.uk/ Dont think you would get better than him,,,there you go

Thats some good information you have there! Thanks for sharing!

Do you have any ache / super tensed muscles in the jaw area? Im especially refering to the pterygoideus lateralis and masseter. For some reason my pterygoideus lateralis is so tense that it actually hurts.

Hello buddy ,I would say tense not supertense but I would say my ear is super tensed ,pressured and bad ringing I believe this grinding is causing the musles around the Eustachion Tube to be causing Dysfunction of E Tube, Ears crackle and click on swallowing or by moving the back of my tongue which to be honest has become addictive im constantly crackling my ear,

Hello buddy ,I would say tense not supertense but I would say my ear is super tensed ,pressured and bad ringing I believe this grinding is causing the musles around the Eustachion Tube to be causing Dysfunction of E Tube, Ears crackle and click on swallowing or by moving the back of my tongue which to be honest has become addictive im constantly crackling my ear,

Hi! Thanks for the reply! :)

Im in the same boat indeed, as the muscles inside my ear feels super tensed, also the muscles in my jaw.
Im considering some heavy medication that literally shuts down my body while sleeping.

Im up for MRI of neck, throat, upper back and jaw, and it could be that the MRI is able to provide some clues about what to do next.

If local anaesthetic or surgery is needed, so be it. This stuff has to stop one way or another.

I do suspect that neck and back problems could be a part of the jaw problem as well though.

Found this ,NST is a form of( Bowen therapy a hands on therapy) anyway seems they have TMJ products, interesting I will order one of them .

http://www.nsthealth.com/catalog/tmj-products

Thats pretty interesting indeed.. And it doesnt seem too over-priced (if they work).

Did the website give you any idea of when you will receive it?

Please let me know if you have any success with the appliance :)

Bit more info especially how the 2 ear muscles are involved

http://www.michigan-headache-tmj-doctor.com/tinnitus_tmj.html

Thats some really interesting information as well! And it indeed seems like muscles are somehow grouped up.

I also suspect that tension to neck muscles might attribute to the jaw clenching, and from what I understand, clenching the teeth makes the neck muscles relax. At least I began to take care of all the muscles in my neck/jaw area in hope that it will provide some relief.

I hope that the appliance you bought will provide some positive effect as well, but I think that the best would be to somehow stop clenching teeth altogether, as I would think that it strains the jaw muscles.

Im considering making a device that literally gives me an electric shock each time I clench my teeth. Its pretty easy to build, and it could be attached to all the muscles of mastication. Maybe that would start to rewire the brain from doing it. :p

@chronicburn
@Sjtof
@applewine

I was in contact with a doctor today that will inject my triggerpoints with anesthetics (something similar to lidocaine) if the MRI images doesnt show anything.

How you all doing btw? :)

Who referred you to that doctor? I've not been to any doctor who wanted to do that. So frustrating. Even the expert of trigger points I saw which was a neurologist was no help, Dr. Gerwin. He just said he could prescribe something. They physiatrist I saw said she could presribe a muscle relaxant. Another physiatrist said he could prescribe the same thing as that Gerwin neurologist I forget what it is called. I've been going through this since 2008 or 2006 and not a single injection. I don't think my primary care physician even knows what trigger points are and I've had about 4 different ones over the years. A physiatrist is supposed to be the muscle expert.

A part of me would also be hesitant to get the injections. Did you decide you wanted them and just found somebody who would do it, or did your primary care doctor figure that out and fine somebody?

My MRI report came back with bulging discs on c-5 and c-6 I think but that may nothing as I've heard the who disc thing is over-hyped.

Am I the only one who gets face thingling / numbness below the eyes? I'm also the only one with any vision shaking up close and the only one who is getting weird cold water or burning sensations?

Who referred you to that doctor? I've not been to any doctor who wanted to do that. So frustrating. Even the expert of trigger points I saw which was a neurologist was no help, Dr. Gerwin. He just said he could prescribe something. They physiatrist I saw said she could presribe a muscle relaxant. Another physiatrist said he could prescribe the same thing as that Gerwin neurologist I forget what it is called. I've been going through this since 2008 or 2006 and not a single injection. I don't think my primary care physician even knows what trigger points are and I've had about 4 different ones over the years. A physiatrist is supposed to be the muscle expert.

A part of me would also be hesitant to get the injections. Did you decide you wanted them and just found somebody who would do it, or did your primary care doctor figure that out and fine somebody?

My MRI report came back with bulging discs on c-5 and c-6 I think but that may nothing as I've heard the who disc thing is over-hyped.

The doctor that will do the injections is a friend of mine. Also, he has been doing those injections on a regular basis with great success. But I will only have the injections done if the MRI doesnt show anything that could be causing all this. I will probably have to wait a couple of weeks for the report.

Did your doctor / radiologist say anything about bulging discs being a possible cause?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now