stacey

Author
Aug 15, 2014
New York, NY
Tinnitus Since
07/15/2014
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
My whole right side from my ear to my jaw just feels swollen has been bothering me for days now, I can't sleep on my right side, sadly I slept on it by accident and woke up feeling even worse.

My tinnitus is even louder and more blaring then usual. My ear hurts and gets worse through out the day :( both my tinnitus and hyperacusis have been worse because of this jaw issue.

Is there some sort of test/x-ray that can be taken that will show exactly what in the blue hell is causing the problem?

My whole right side from my ear to my jaw just feels swollen has been bothering me for days now, I can't sleep on my right side, sadly I slept on it by accident and woke up feeling even worse.

My tinnitus is even louder and more blaring then usual. My ear hurts and gets worse through out the day :( both my tinnitus and hyperacusis have been worse because of this jaw issue.

Is there some sort of test/x-ray that can be taken that will show exactly what in the blue hell is causing the problem?
I had to have a MRI of the jaw area. The joint area was fine. It is the jaw muscles that cause my headaches.

TMJ and hyperacusis pain share unknown connections. Many many people are reporting.

Did it get better?

I just had one done last week. It was not noisy. Nothing like an MRI. I was in and out of there in 2 minutes. It confirmed I do have TMJ issues.
Can you see muscles on that or just the bones? I read it is a tool many dentists use... like a series of x-rays.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now