• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Want to Avoid Antidepressants — Not Coping Well with My Tinnitus

Have you done this? Do you know the name of the panel to request?

Last night was miserable for me. My mind was still but my body couldn't relax. Legs seem to be where all tension goes for some reason. I just can't make them relax no matter what I think I do. The ONLY thing that helps is Xanax. I don't even need much, just 0.125mg (half of the lowest dose) will do the trick. Can't take that every night though... I need some help. I'm starting to feel really desperate for a break from the typical torture regiment.
I did have it done. But it gave me all the results for other types of medication, like blood pressure pills and stuff. You can look into it.

I also take 20 mg of Baclofen a day. It really takes the edge off. From what I've read it works on the same part of the brain as alcohol. But without the feeling of being drunk. Works pretty good on anxiety also. At first it will make you feel a little groggy but after a few days you get used to it. I've read about people taking 100 mg a day. But 20 mg seems to do the trick. It doesn't lower the tinnitus but helps keep your mind away from it. If that makes sense.

I can for a minute or two but my brain is very quick at finding the tinnitus within the masking signal.
Well that sucks. I'm guessing you already tried a bunch of different masking sounds. The one that works for me more often than not are cricket noises. It doesn't exactly mask my tinnitus, but I can fool my mind into believing it's all crickets.

I can for a minute or two but my brain is very quick at finding the tinnitus within the masking signal.
I feel you there. I've ended up having to just accept that the noise or music is just an accompaniment to the ringing. Nothing more. It is better then just the ringing alone. Just gotta find the right kind of music for you. I personally play lofi hip-hop on Spotify while I sleep. It's all instrumental so it works good for me. (Extra Sleepy Time Tea is a new nightly ritual as well.)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now