Went Out Drinking at a Loud Bar (With Earplugs)

My guess is you are over thinking this. Given you had ear plugs (although not sure exactly what kind, they aren't all equal) and the fact that you can't tell if your T is louder, pretty sure you're fine.

But: Number one, get high quality ear plugs. And number two, approach the bar scene with caution. You don't want tinnitus to rule your life. But you shouldn't be standing next to the speakers at some head-bangin crazy loud club. Actually, NOBODY should be doing this. It's tinnitus waiting to happen.

If you can't even tell if it made it worse, my suggestion would be to stop worrying about it. If there has been any changes, clearly it is barely noticeable, so there is no need to worry.

If you can't even tell if it made it worse, my suggestion would be to stop worrying about it. If there has been any changes, clearly it is barely noticeable, so there is no need to worry.
Exactly. Even if it is worse, who cares. You can't tell the difference anyway.

A week later and I can tell my ears are pissed off at me :(
You'd be surprised how mental of an issue this can be. Don't be a slave to your T more than you have to be. Just be sensible. Take MANY breaks, make sure your plus are inserted deep and stay away from loud speakers and just don't go to a really wild spot. If it feels to loud, it is and you need to take breaks often. And. If you need to not go out anymore it's ok, just try not to let it rule your life. I Understand.

Guitars, singing, and most drum and keyboard sounds go through the air and can be stopped with earplugs. Bass guitar and the bass drum, especially as hellish loud as they are today, go right through the skull. It's called bone conduction. We hear via bone conduction and air conduction. I stay a thousand miles away from loud music. It's what did me in.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now