2020 US Presidential Election

I read the Dutch government just resigned. What happened?
The Rutte III cabinet fell because of the so called ''social benefits affair'' (in Dutch: De Toeslagenaffaire), in which thousands of people were unfairly labeled as fraudsters and often had to repay tens of thousands of euros in childcare by the national tax authorities. Most of them were unfairly treated because of ethnic profiling. It's the unfortunate story which involves people who had to live on scraps and those who had to live in such dire conditions that they saw no other way than to commit suicide. It's for these reasons that the government took political responsibly by handing its resignation to King Willem Alexander.

The Rutte III cabinet fell because of the so called ''social benefits affair'' (in Dutch: De Toeslagenaffaire), in which thousands of people were unfairly labeled as fraudsters and often had to repay tens of thousands of euros in childcare by the national tax authorities. Most of them were unfairly treated because of ethnic profiling. It's the unfortunate story which involves people who had to live on scraps and those who had to live in such dire conditions that they saw no other way than to commit suicide. It's for these reasons that the government took political responsibly by handing its resignation to King Willem Alexander.
You should criticize your government instead of the Republican Party in the US.

Does that mean none of us can ever criticize other countries because our politics are a mess right now? Because I hear a lot of shit talking about other countries from the right.
Everybody is shitting on Trump from the left. He never told anyone to riot. He said be peaceful and patriotic. And the vast majority were. Just a few fringe characters caused it and that's under investigation.

You should criticize your government instead of the Republican Party in the US.
Since when has self reflection and criticism anything to do with borders? Perhaps you could learn a thing or two by looking at how parties / party systems are functioning in other countries, and most importantly those that respect democracy, then maybe you could see what a mess it is with the party that you are currently supporting.

I do not even support my government, but at least I respect their decision to take political responsibility for this awful affair, something which cannot be said about the Republican Party and their falsehoods about a ''stolen election''.

Capture+_2021-01-15-13-12-39(1).png

I do not even support my government, but at least I respect their decision to take political responsibility for this awful affair, something which cannot be said about the Republican Party and their falsehoods about a ''stolen election''
It might not be falsehoods. Watch the election hearings on December 30th.

Everybody is shitting on Trump from the left. He never told anyone to riot. He said be peaceful and patriotic. And the vast majority were. Just a few fringe characters caused it and that's under investigation.
Of course they are. Even after they were in the building he told them they were very special. How can be people who broke into our Capitol building be very special? They're not, they're lunatics who should all serve the most time in prison possible.

Of course they are. Even after they were in the building he told them they were very special. How can be people who broke into our Capitol building be very special? They're not, they're lunatics who should all serve the most time in prison possible.
The Democrats supported the BLM protests even though they rioted, looted, and burned down buildings. That seems to be a double standard.

It might not be falsehoods. Watch the election hearings on December 30th.
I find it very suspicious that they waited until December 30th to do hearings in the first place. Isn't accusations that the election was stolen worthy of holding the hearings sooner? The election was November 3rd and they hold the hearings two months later, after the state already certified their vote and after the EC already voted.

To me, that just shows the legislature doesn't even care.

I find it very suspicious that they waited until December 30th to do hearings in the first place. Isn't accusations that the election was stolen worthy of holding the hearings sooner? The election was November 3rd and they hold the hearings two months later, after the state already certified their vote and after the EC already voted.

To me, that just shows the legislature doesn't even care.
They did do hearings in early December. Anyone can sink their ass in a recliner and watch them, even Trump haters.

B08B4086-2220-4603-8D60-BA462B8F5E5B.png

The Democrats supported the BLM protests even though they rioted, looted, and burned down buildings. That seems to be a double standard.
The double standard is on both sides but I can see what you mean. I only meant the people who actually stormed the Capitol should go to jail, not people who just showed up to the protest but stayed out of building.
They did do earlier hearings in early December. Anyone can sink their ass in a recliner and watch them, even Trump haters.
You got me there, the first ones were held in early December.

BLM and ANTIFA will come for the politicians' promises. The groups are strong and organized. I hope they get what is promised.

I'm financially conservative; Socially liberal.

Careful...
You can watch them too, but you're probably too stubborn. I agree Trump is far from a perfect person and I have heard some of the things you referenced, but I was just looking at the election hearings testimonials for guidance on possible fraud.

BLM and ANTIFA will come for the politicians' promises. The groups are strong and organized.
I don't know how well BLM is organized, but I've come to believe Antifa is hardly more than some kind of collective consciousness which tries to root out elements of fascism wherever they see it. As far as I know they have no effective real leader, and no effective real organization.

On the other hand, it appears to me to be a semi-effective red herring talking point for many on the right side of the spectrum. It seems they're taking their cues from Trump, the foremost purveyor of the evils of Antifa. Evils that supposedly far outweigh anything his right wing militia and white nationalist followers do, including storming the nation's Capitol. A classic red herring.
You can watch them too, but you're probably too stubborn.
No, I just don't want to waste my time. @FGG has already made a number of credible rebuttals to those videos, but I don't recall you making counterpoints to her points. Did I miss something where you actually did reply? -- I really had thought I might take a look at them, but FGG essentially confirmed for me what I felt I already knew. -- You may call it stubbornness; I called it using discernment.

I don't know how well BLM is organized, but I've come to believe Antifa is hardly more than some kind of collective consciousness which tries to root out elements of fascism wherever they see it. As far as I know they have no effective real leader, and no effective real organization.

On the other hand, it appears to me to be a semi-effective red herring talking point for many on the right side of the spectrum. It seems they're taking their cues from Trump, the foremost purveyor of the evils of Antifa. Evils that supposedly far outweigh anything his right wing militia and white nationalist followers do, including storming the nation's Capitol. A classic red herring.

No, I just don't want to waste my time. @FGG has already made a number of credible rebuttals to those videos, but I don't recall you making counterpoints to her points. Did I miss something where you actually did reply? -- I really had thought I might take a look at them, but FGG essentially confirmed for me what I felt I already knew. -- You may call it stubbornness; I called it using discernment.
To be fair, I'm only 40 minutes in. But I do plan to finish at some point soon...

"Straight from the horse's mouth" seems to make more sense than for me to parrot someone's testimony. I could misinterpret it.

Rex Tillerson on communicating w/ Trump (snippet below). -- Could explain why Trump wasn't interested in taking up Georgia's Secretary of State's offer on sharing the information they'd compiled on election integrity.

"RT: Trump's "understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of U.S. history was really limited."

I had to constantly evaluate my last conversations with him—what seemed to resonate, what seemed to get across, what didn't—and I would try different approaches with him. I used to go into meetings with a list of four to five things I needed to talk to him about, and I quickly learned that if I got to three, it was a home run, and I realized getting two that were meaningful was probably the best objective.

So I began to adjust what I went into a meeting with and what I attempted to explain and describe, and then I started taking charts and pictures with me because I found that those seemed to hold his attention better. If I could put a photo or a picture in front of him or a map or a piece of paper that had two big bullet points on it, he would focus on that, and I could build on that. Just sitting and trying to have a conversation as you and I are having just doesn't work..."​

This is a pretty good summary of Joe Biden's rescue plan. I'm curious to hear people's thoughts.

Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion Covid-19 stimulus plan, explained
Hi Born To Slay,

I am super pleased with Biden thus far. He's been so professional and is multi tasking like a champ. Besides the stimulus plan which is more than Trump has done since the COVID-19 crisis came, he takes COVID-19 and the science of global warming seriously and I believe will got us on track and leading the new industrial green revolution. I don' t care that he is old, he takes work seriously and appoints serious and capable people to important positions. It's nice to have somebody smart and kind at the helm. He has done more in the last month than the President of the United States has done for months in office now. Trump is basically freaking out and watching TV all day and has done squat for months, besides golf. Go Biden, you got this. Even during the riot Trump was silent. A riot at our nation's capital that endangered elected officials including his own VP and family and most importantly our Democracy.

Democrats just need to keep voting and stay organized as the Republican Party fractures with QAnon conspiratorialists Trump party loyalists and the old conservative guard the Lincoln Project.

The left, once again, is leading America through the darkness to a place of hope and health and prosperity. Super happy for the younger generation that we have people in Government who actually care about the earth and human dignity of all people.

I think and hope I will win our gentleman's bet Born To Slay. The dude in orange is still on self-destruct mode. Republicans in Congress called him out and if the Senate finds the courage, then the orange man is toast.

He lost the popular vote twice now, last time by 7 million votes.

That would include politicians and political Elites. Plus, FBI.

The electoral college lets rural areas control everything, hence the country teetering into autocracy under Trump. Horrible idea. BTW, study after study shows that red states have the highest misery index.
Do you think this will ever change, electoral college vs. popular vote?

Thank god for changing demographics and of course the likes of Stacey Abrams.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now