2020 US Presidential Election

If you were one of the thousands of Americans or other foreign workers stranded in Afghanistan, during the current Taliban takeover, who would you rather have in the White House right now: Biden or Trump?

I can easily guess who it would likely be if we were able to put this question to the actual Americans and their foreign colleagues who are in jeopardy, in Afghanistan. But then again, if he had won, this situation would not be happening, the way that it is.

About Afghanistan, the IMF has to decide on 460 millions USD that were going to be allocated on Monday under the "coronavirus support scheme".

Maybe the IMF thinks it is a good idea to hand this money over to the Taliban or to some dark NGO that will just take the money and run.

The world is in the hands of the most incompetent people, like the ones who run the IMF and the central banks (FED, ECB).

They did not start the war. It was Bush and the Republicans who started the Gulf War and then that nonsense that they labelled the "War on Terror".

Then the world suffered the consequences. We had train bombings in Madrid due to this, despite the Spanish population was against the war and demonstrated against it.
So what? Foreign policy is exactly the same.

New polls show that if a presidential reelection do-over was held today, Trump would beat Biden.

Regrets: Trump would beat Biden today, more women and blacks support

Election Regrets: Most Wouldn't Vote to Reelect Biden

A slew of new polls have come out this week showing the shrinking support for and approval of President Joe Biden, his average now below 50%.

But today, Rasmussen Reports is issuing the capper, telling Secrets that in an election do-over, Biden would lose to former President Donald Trump.

By a six-point margin, 43%-37%, likely voters would pick Trump over Biden "if the next presidential election were held today."

New polls show that if a presidential reelection do-over was held today, Trump would beat Biden.

Regrets: Trump would beat Biden today, more women and blacks support

Election Regrets: Most Wouldn't Vote to Reelect Biden

A slew of new polls have come out this week showing the shrinking support for and approval of President Joe Biden, his average now below 50%.

But today, Rasmussen Reports is issuing the capper, telling Secrets that in an election do-over, Biden would lose to former President Donald Trump.

By a six-point margin, 43%-37%, likely voters would pick Trump over Biden "if the next presidential election were held today."
People hate Trump too much lol.

People hate Trump too much lol.
Not according to the recent polls.

Biden is earning more hate, hour by hour. What he has done with Afghanistan will haunt him for years to come and may result in putting Trump, or somebody similar to him, back in the White House in 2024.

Not according to the recent polls.

Biden is earning more hate, hour by hour. What he has done with Afghanistan will haunt him for years to come and may result in putting Trump, or somebody similar to him, back in the White House in 2024.
Who would admit voting Biden was a mistake? My social media feeds are pretty quiet lol. When trump was in office it was like meme central. Not gonna lie, they were pretty good haha.

Who would admit voting Biden was a mistake? My social media feeds are pretty quiet lol. When trump was in office it was like meme central. Not gonna lie, they were pretty good haha.
Depite what people here think, I did not vote for Trump in 2016, I held my nose and voted for Hillary.

Once Biden picked Harris, who is completely unqualified to be VP, and the way they ran their campaign, I knew that I could not vote Democratic.

Not informed enough about Europe to comment, as I don't live there. In the USA, it's almost impossible for non veterans to get disability for tinnitus and hyperacusis. Heard sad stories about this over and over when I worked in healthcare and did counseling.

Listened to a middle age male who had to quit a job of twenty years. He was denied SDI three times even with the assistance of an attorney. He had severe tinnitus and hyperacusis with head vibrations along with neck and jaw problems. I was convinced by observing that he had these severe problems. His wife left him and he was living in a friend's basement. His friend's wife became uncomfortable when he went upstairs to the first floor to use the bathroom which just had a toilet and sink.

Then you have those that come to the USA and very quickly get free everything. The same for those who had never worked and don't have a disability. They have more disposable income than many making $65,000 to $85,000 a year.

There's unfair reasons why once paying taxpayers, the disabled and the elderly are treated this way.

Some don't vote. They now don't place lots of money back into the system because they're not out and about. Big subsidy government payments for the fit lower class has pushed up apartment and housing rentals prices. It's about votes and capitalism. Nursing homes are expensive, but free to those on welfare assistance. Nursing home care is often disgusting, unless one can afford $150,000 -$300,000 a year or can afford in-home 24 hour full care. There's not as much caring for the disabled and elderly as some think. Capitalist and politicians know the truth, but they don't care.

So the Republicans should take the political blame for having started the Afghanistan war, and the Irak war too.

And the US should take also the refugees these wars have produced.
Maybe Israel should take some too. They NEVER do.

I think you're naive if you think that when the Democrats are in the White house, it's much different.

Democrats and Republicans are the same

If you already hold preconceived notions, then it's pointless trying to convince you. I have postulated that the parties are the same, before. I think the system is broken and most voters willingly participate in the system thinking "that's just the way it is - eventually, we will change it with the proper administration." I don't know if that's naivety or stupidity. The result is the same. The status quo and war hawks are enabled.

With that being said, much of the refugees crisis around the world is manufactured and invented. Especially, the one in Europe in 2015, I think it really started.

It's sad that the public is easily duped, on several occasions.

So the Republicans should take the political blame for having started the Afghanistan war, and the Irak war too.

And the US should take also the refugees these wars have produced.
Afghanistan started the war with us, by not turning over bin Laden to the United States after the attacks of 9/11. One terrorist was all we asked for, and they refused. Bin laden continued to make threats against the United States and our allies. We had no choice but to go to Afghanistan to stop him.

Sure, I'll support taking Iraq war refugees or others who want to come here for legitimate reasons and become a citizen. We probably have, already.

We were planning to take 60,000 Afghanis, as well, but the Taliban will probably not let this happen while Biden is president. He is a very weak leader, so we can forget about him helping anybody other than Americans - and he is doing very poorly, even at this.

We were planning to take 60,000 Afghanis, as well, but the Taliban will probably not let this happen while Biden is president.
I have read the US would be willing to take 22.000 Afghanis, which is a extremely low figure considering the mess created by the US and the high number of refugees that it will produce.
Afghanistan started the war with us, by not turning over bin Laden to the United States after the attacks of 9/11. One terrorist was all we asked for, and they refused.
Don't be ridiculous. The Gulf War started by the Republicans dates from the 90s, way BEFORE 9/11. Stealing oil was the main objective.

Maybe Israel should take some too. They NEVER do.
Israel is primarily an US ally, so maybe Americans can convince those Israeli to take some.

Since the US is involved in pretty much every war, and since it proclaims itself a country of justice and freedom, I still wonder why it has never sided by the Palestinians, who were deprived of their land and expelled.

I have read the US would be willing to take 22.000 Afghanis, which is a extremely low figure considering the mess created by the US and the high number of refugees that it will produce.

Don't be ridiculous. The Gulf War started by the Republicans dates from the 90s, way BEFORE 9/11. Stealing oil was the main objective.
Do you deny that 9/11 happened, and that Bin Laden carried it out?

Just how did we "steal" oil? I have never seen a gas station in the United States giving it away for free. The U.S. Military paid top dollar for Iraqi oil, to fuel their vehicles - they paid retail, not even a discount. How is this "stealing? Do you have any reliable sources for your claim that the U.S. stole oil from anybody, ever?

But, most importantly, do you agree that Bin Laden had to be stopped before he launched more terrorist attacks from Afghanistan?

Do you deny that 9/11 happened, and that Bin Laden carried it out?
I don't deny that. I am just saying that Republicans got the world involved in a war in Irak, the Gulf War, in the early 90s, and then carried out a second war in Irak on false pretences and fabricated "evidence".

Today it is clear that there were not any weapons of mass destruction there. Even so, the Republicans insisted on continuing a war in Irak and then Afghanistan.

Now Biden has taken the right decision, and has been brave enough to withdraw the troops, doing what cowards like Trump did not dare to do, because Trump did not want to take the political blame for a war started by his party, the Republicans, and spanning 20 years.

I don't deny that. I am just saying that Republicans got the world involved in a war in Irak, the Gulf War, in the early 90s, and then carried out a second war in Irak on false pretences and fabricated "evidence".

Today it is clear that there were not any weapons of mass destruction there. Even so, the Republicans insisted on continuing a war in Irak and then Afghanistan.

Now Biden has taken the right decision, and has been brave enough to withdraw the troops, doing what cowards like Trump did not dare to do, because Trump did not want to take the political blame for a war started by his party, the Republicans, and spanning 20 years.
The past is the past, but you have not shown any proof to your claim that the United States "stole" oil, from anybody.

Most of the world, and the press has been extremely kind to Biden, until now. He is being criticized by Democrats, Republicans, and all over the world. If you don't believe me, check the news.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...e-joe-biden-fire-unfolding-chaos-afghanistan/

https://www.hindustantimes.com/worl...-2010-statement-surfaces-101629269120145.html

https://www.news18.com/news/world/u...-may-stay-beyond-aug-31-deadline-4102412.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-live-speech-afghanistan-trump-b1905148.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...-address-nation-afghanistan-crumbles-n1276885

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...stands-squarely-behind-afghanistan-withdrawal

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/16/1028...are-critical-of-bidens-afghanistan-withdrawal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/08/18/parliament-holds-joe-biden-contempt-afghanistan

Meanwhile, presumably due to dementia, Biden thinks that we are withdrawing from Vietnam, so he sent VP Harris there.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-vietnam-afghanistan-comparisons-fall-of-saigon

Most of the world, and the press has been extremely kind to Biden, until now. He is being criticized by Democrats, Republicans, and all over the world. If you don't believe me, check the news.
When Maradona was the coach for Argentina soccer team one of his players missed a penalty kick, and they lost the game. On the press conference Maradona said that only players who dare to kick can miss.

Trump was a coward and that's why he did not withdraw the troops from Afghanistan, or for that matter, did anything at all during his term, apart from telling the FED to absurdly lower the interest rates even more.

Biden now has to do all the work that has not been done in 4 years, so he will be criticised, as he has to take the "penalty kicks" and the responsibility.

The FED will have to taper and raise the interest rates and of course Biden will also be criticised for it, even if he is totally right, and the decision is totally right.
The past is the past, but you have not shown any proof to your claim that the United States "stole" oil, from anybody.
Can you show me the weapons of mass destruction that no one found in Irak? :ROFL:

Israel is primarily an US ally, so maybe Americans can convince those Israeli to take some.

Since the US is involved in pretty much every war, and since it proclaims itself a country of justice and freedom, I still wonder why it has never sided by the Palestinians, who were deprived of their land and expelled.
You ask rhetorical questions.

Also, regarding "refugees," notice how they're always overwhelmingly male? Another rhetorical question.

It's sheer bull manure. I don't think it's even debatable.

When Maradona was the coach for Argentina soccer team one of his players missed a penalty kick, and they lost the game. On the press conference Maradona said that only players who dare to kick can miss.

Trump was a coward and that's why he did not withdraw the troops from Afghanistan, or for that matter, did anything at all during his term, apart from telling the FED to absurdly lower the interest rates even more.

Biden now has to do all the work that has not been done in 4 years, so he will be criticised, as he has to take the "penalty kicks" and the responsibility.

The FED will have to taper and raise the interest rates and of course Biden will also be criticised for it, even if he is totally right, and the decision is totally right.

Can you show me the weapons of mass destruction that no one found in Irak? :ROFL:
Your apologetic tone for Biden is not widespread. Biden's mishandling of this withdrawal is being criticized everywhere.

The American people do not want our Afghani or other allies to be imprisoned or killed by the Taliban, and Biden is not gaining the confidence of anybody that he will prevent this. He had no strategy at all to get them out. He lies, contradicts himself, and denies reality.

I knew that Biden was going to be a poor leader, but he has exceeded my worst expectations.

Below is a current article on CNN, who supported Biden for president.

Biden's presidency is under scrutiny as never before over Afghan chaos 9:29 AM ET, Thu August 19, 2021

(CNN)President Joe Biden is struggling against an intensifying examination of his judgment, competence and even his empathy over the chaotic US exit from Afghanistan. And each attempt the administration makes to quell a furor that's tarnishing America's image only provokes more questions about its failures of planning and execution.

A defiant Biden on Wednesday rejected criticism of his leadership, as he battled the most significant self-inflicted drama of a term that he won by promising proficient government and to level with voters.

More Here:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/politics/joe-biden-presidency-under-scrutiny/index.html

I knew that Biden was going to be a poor leader, but he has exceeded my worst expectations.
This is not surprising, as Biden failed the third grade, made Cs and Ds in college, and was wrong on virtually all major foreign policy decisions for the past four decades. Plus, he is now dealing with mental acuity issues that come with age.

Biden has been wrong on every major foreign policy decision in last 4 decades

The Left is now turning on him, possibly to make way for President Harris.

It's not about the decision to withdraw troops (which I believe majority of conservatives believe, except the neocon war-hawk types), but how Biden did this which cannot possibly get any worse. Trump would never have exited this way. He had contingency plans, which was to quickly and safely evacuate people, which Biden cancelled. Furthermore, during Trump's meeting with the Taliban leader, Trump threatened to bomb the Taliban leaders' town if they caused trouble. So now, we have 15,000 and up to 40,000 stranded Americans (according to some sources) in Afghanistan.

Biden dismantled Trump's crisis evacuation agency, nixed plan months before the fall of Afghanistan

Trump was a puppet and Biden won't do anything (he ran away from the podium).

Neither party resists military conflicts and both have war mongers and Warhawks in the party. I guess that will be my last reply to you on the subject.

Obama is architect of Afghanistan mess, says former US special ops general

Trump was a puppet
Yes, he was a puppet.

And it was the Republicans who started the Gulf War.

By the way, if you want to know where the "suicide bombing" trend came from the answer is Syria. Even so, the US insisted on blaming Lybia for a series of terrorist attacks in the 80s, including the bombing of Pam Am Flight 103 in 1988.

Other intelligence agencies told the US that Syria was behing that bombing in 1988, and not Lybia, but it was not convenient to start a conflict in the Middle East with Syria then. At the time the country was ruled by... Al-Assad (father).

Now the US, after the recent civil war in Syria is going to put back in his position as president... Bashar Al-Assad (the son of the former Syrian president) :arghh:

I tell you this because the US Foreign Policy is consistent in one single aspect: non-stop lies.

He had contingency plans
I tell you again that we cannot talk about hypothetical scenarios. Trump has a big mouth, that's for sure, but he was in office for a full term and did nothing at all and of course did not withdraw the troops from Afghanistan because he was such a coward and did not want to take the responsibility for it.

Also, regarding "refugees," notice how they're always overwhelmingly male? Another rhetorical question.
That's for UNHCR to judge, not you and me.

The point is the US started the Afghanistan war, and therefore the US should solve the problems generated by the war, including the waves of refugees.

Biden has done the right thing after 4 different administration have neglected this issue, putting an end to the war in Afghanistan.

Now the next hot potato he will have to deal with is the FED: tapering and raising interest rate.

Still another hot potato is how to balance the budget and make the rich (billionaires) pay their fair share of taxes.

All these issues are problems he has inherited from the most incompetent president.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now