2020 US Presidential Election

That debate was pretty much exactly as expected. And the reactions from both sides are expected as well. That's probably a net win for Biden, as it means he didn't blow it.

5YOzNDY.jpg

Yeah, even Wallace was helping Biden. All they did is scream and interrupt each other. It was just a show. But, it's pretty pathetic when one interviewer clearly has sided with a candidate.
I disagree that he sided with Biden. It's not Biden's fault that Trump lied every other sentence during the debate and constantly talked over Biden. He told Biden not to interrupt too.

Unless they cut microphones for repeated interruptions, not many substantive points will be made. What transpired last night was certainly not a debate.
Exactly.

Last night's debate was horrific. No minds were changed.

I will say that I'm glad that Biden was keeping his stutter under control. On live TV, trying to talk while being badgered constantly by a narcissistic racist isn't easy. If I were him, I'd be stumbling over my words worse than Porky Pig.

But he has to do a better job of dealing with Trump's outbursts. He has to stop taking the bait and responding to every single one.

The proud boys have new merchandise. This is horrifying:

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 17.24.27.png

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 17.24.57.png

More on the Proud Boys and their founder:

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 18.00.58.png

They don't just advocate violence, they advocate murder.

I disagree that he sided with Biden. It's not Biden's fault that Trump lied every other sentence during the debate and constantly talked over Biden. He told Biden not to interrupt too.
It's not Wallace's job to challenge Trump, it's Biden's. I guess you are admitting that he sided with Biden and wasn't neutral.

Most people think there was a bias as far as the interruptions.

Anyway, I think it's for show. Just an entertainment spectacle for the sheeple.

It's not the first time Wallace took sides. I believe he interviewed Trump in July? It's a joke. An interviewer should be neutral and sure, an intermediary but they shouldn't be aggressively challenging a candidate. That's up to the two rivals. It was pretty useless anyway.

It's not Wallace's job to challenge Trump, it's Biden's. I guess you are admitting that he sided with Biden and wasn't neutral.

Most people think there was a bias as far as the interruptions.

Anyway, I think it's for show. Just an entertainment spectacle for the sheeple.
Wallace is the moderator, it is his job to make sure Trump follows the rules and Trump did interrupt a ton more than Biden. And when Biden did interrupt, he was told to wait for his 2 minutes.

If your position is not let candidates brazenly lie and you apply evenly, you are not biased just because one lied a lot more than the other.

I have to say Biden looks ridiculous when he wears his mask just for the camera. COVID-19 affects less than 1% of the population. I think it's blown out of proportion a bit.

B1314A62-ADD2-4C2C-84DA-C967B437F69E.jpeg

Wallace is the moderator, it is his job to make sure Trump follows the rules and Trump did interrupt a ton more than Biden. And when Biden did interrupt, he was told to wait for his 2 minutes.

If your position is not let candidates brazenly lie and you apply evenly, you are not biased just because one lied a lot more than the other.
Biden's BS and lies was more annoying than Trump's. Especially the COVID-19 bs.

Wallace obviously showed a bias so as a moderator, he sucks.

So many people perceived a 'double team" of Wallace/Biden. Plus, the questions had a biased leftist bent. I guess no objectivity can be expected here.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 20.36.01.png

The Biden BS Train rides on...

I have to say Biden looks ridiculous when he wears his mask just for the camera. COVID-19 affects less than 1% of the population. I think it's blown out of proportion a bit.

View attachment 40872
Actually, that graphic is pretty damning against Trump. To be #3 on that list is unbelievable, especially when you consider that masks + social distancing is highly effective, whereas cancer is largely uncontrollable. Heart disease is partially controllable through lifestyle, but still less than COVID-19.

You aren't wrong that sometimes people on TV wear masks very clearly for the optics. But the point of the optics is to show how easy it is so that more people do it and we reduce the spread.

View attachment 40872
Equivalent to:

"I think it looks ridiculous when people always wear seatbelts. Less than 1% of people die in auto accidents a year."

How were the questions left biased? Can you give an example?
Climate Change, Covid... how it's worded.

Do I bother to continue? Anyway, why not read the tweets and replies? They talk about it. My point is I'm not the only one reaching that conclusion.

Regardless, anyone who has half a brain could have anticipated and predicted that he would be biased.

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/is-chris-wallace-biased

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09/29/2131191/

@Born To Slay, BTW, I do agree that Trump interrupted way too much. Maybe he should fire his advisors. He's better off allowing Biden to talk and then reacting. Biden said a lot of stupid and BS things. Eventually, he will have a bad gaffe.

Some people suggested time limits with the mic turning off after. I think it was just a show but playing devil's advocate (who refuse to believe me), they need changes. It's no good to have such a biased moderator (liberal and voted Democrat for years) plus the amount of interruptions and exchanges of insults (Biden's name-calling was particularly bad).

Geez, if you are going to name-call (either one) choose accurate ones like shill, puppet or globalist.

Slightly off topic, but I had no idea that Sanders is 79 years old.

I thought he was maybe in his late 50s or early 60s from the few times I watched him.

He would have been a much better candidate, but he isn't stately enough for the world stage.

Equivalent to:

"I think it looks ridiculous when people always wear seatbelts. Less than 1% of people die in auto accidents a year."
Biden wears it for political reasons. Seat belts have an annoying buzzer/ringing that doesn't stop until you buckle plus you can get a ticket if you are stopped without being buckled. I am for seat belts because of the velocity involved in accidents.

Biden's BS and lies was more annoying than Trump's. Especially the COVID-19 bs.

Wallace obviously showed a bias so as a moderator, he sucks.
I was half asleep when I watched it so I missed the alleged bias. It was 3.30 in the morning my time. I need to watch it all again. Too late now; what is done is done.

Trump didn't do himself any favours continually interrupting, but maybe his followers lap that up.

I found Biden to be simply too slow and doddery for my liking.

Biden wears it for political reasons. Seat belts have an annoying buzzer/ringing that doesn't stop until you buckle plus you can get a ticket if you are stopped without being buckled. I am for seat belts because of the velocity involved in accidents.
Do you agree at least that:

1) Covid-19 causes some number of deaths and other health effects.
2) These deaths are preventable if one does not acquire the infection.
3) Masks and social distancing reduce transmission.

The burden is on the person claiming Trump committed tax fraud to prove it.
You know, rushing to Trump's defense once I can let slip, but you've taken it upon yourself to put a positive spin on each and every Trump scandal as if you're his personal press-secretary. There really is no other conclusion to make than that you are in the tank for the guy and hence what you have to say really doesn't carry much rhetorical weight.

Slightly off topic, but I had no idea that Sanders is 79 years old.

I thought he was maybe in his late 50s or early 60s from the few times I watched him.

He would have been a much better candidate, but he isn't stately enough for the world stage.
The funny (?) thing about Bernie is that he has a weird aging process. He basically has always looked old, but just stopped looking super old when he was supposed to. Trevor Noah did had some fun with it.

Biden must be going over the debate questions right now, with his advisors, and practicing the answers that he's been given. :cool:
Definitely! Trump is laughing at Americans by not paying taxes and telling the middle class to pay taxes.
He paid his taxes, his personal income taxes were very low, but his corporations and such paid hundreds of millions.

If he cheated on, or didn't pay, the taxes that he owed, he deserves to lose his position, but this was not the case. If you feel that he didn't pay "enough" taxes, that is a matter for the Internal Revenue Department to act on, because he apparently paid exactly what was required.

For whatever reason, Trump was not compelled to denounce this group.
It's really not that difficult to understand.

In Trump's mind there are only two groups of people, those who support him and those who don't. He hates to say anything negative about any group who supports him, and inversely, hates to say anything positive about those who don't. But this is why, for instance, he praises and defends his cronies when they're in his good graces and then knee jerk disavows them after they exit and criticize him. This is also what makes him so vulnerable to manipulation by dictators. All they have to do is serve up a little fake flattery and he's putty in their hands. He is nothing but unbridled ego.

View attachment 40858
Kamala Harris

Senator from California

Harris' slogan is "for the people," and she's making the case that President Trump is a "fraud." The former prosecutor says Trump is fighting for the wrong people — the powerful and wealthy — while she wants to "advocate for the voiceless and vulnerable."

Full of lies. How about the unborn? Going green is going to cost a fortune. We will gradually go that way but it will take a long time to transition. Forest fires need more controlled burns.

https://www.heritage.org/energy-eco...barely-change-earths-temperature-here-are-the
Conservative NPC detected. Nice using a right-wing front-group in attempt to appeal to authority.

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/climate-deniers/front-groups/the-heritage-foundation/

The funny (?) thing about Bernie is that he has a weird aging process. He basically has always looked old, but just stopped looking super old when he was supposed to. Trevor Noah did had some fun with it.

Saying, "I think you're dumb" to that kid made me laugh, but then I laugh at some of Trump's outrageous comments, too lol

Like I said, for me he doesn't come across as being a statesman, ie he comes across as too geeky, which I feel is important when it comes to dealing with other world leaders.

You know, rushing to Trump's defense once I can let slip, but you've taken it upon yourself to put a positive spin on each and every Trump scandal as if you're his personal press-secretary. There really is no other conclusion to make than that you are in the tank for the guy and hence what you have to say really doesn't carry much rhetorical weight.
One could say that about you. This thread is mostly leftist/Democrat apologists but even on the slight chance she even worked for Trump, at least it's a different perspective than the typical narrative. I'm glad you have me on ignore. I don't have to read your reply. :)

It's really not that difficult to understand.

In Trump's mind there are only two groups of people, those who support him and those who don't. He hates to say anything negative about any group who supports him, and inversely, hates to say anything positive about those who don't. But this is why, for instance, he praises and defends his cronies when they're in his good graces and then knee jerk disavows them after they exit and criticize him. This is also what makes him so vulnerable to manipulation by dictators. All they have to do is serve up a little fake flattery and he's putty in their hands. He is nothing but unbridled ego.

Can you quote the whole post, so I can see what I was saying in context?

Regardless, I don't see many politicians denouncing those who support them. It's par for the course.
Nothing to see here;)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now