2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZFire, Jul 28, 2023.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      You do realize also that Russia was meddling in Ukrainian affairs during Trump's presidency, too, right? Putin was backing separatists in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine and fueling a civil war there. Essentially, it is trying to find ways to seize parts of Ukraine for Russia before resorting to direct military intervention. But you guys are predictably quiet about that.

Anyways, praising a first-term president for literally nothing doesn't carry much weight. There were also the unknowns of COVID-19 and the resulting lockdowns, which could have delayed Russia’s plans.

I got something better:

AF67EBDB-4A90-4CE4-AD0D-15A0DC485E81.gif

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      No, I didn’t know of any Russia meddling in Ukrainian affairs. I thought Putin respected and maybe feared Trump a bit. Putin was emboldened to invade Ukraine by Biden’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan, from what I understand. I thought Trump was 6ft 3in and Putin was 5ft 7in, so your picture doesn’t look right.

3. prowlinacage

prowlinacage Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long-term noise exposure
      I mean no offense here - truly, I don't - but at this point, I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're running a long-game shtick. I'm increasingly leaning toward the latter.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If Putin can bring a country under his clutches without resorting to military intervention, he’ll exhaust those options first, which is what he was doing during Trump’s presidency—causing civil unrest and supplying weapons to separatists in Ukraine. This is his usual strategy.

When you look at it, Russia likes to invade countries about every eight years on average.

You have Chechen in 1999, Georgia in 2008, Crimea in 2014, and then all of Ukraine in 2022. Noticing the pattern? It takes time to replenish military resources and equipment in between. And you can stir up trouble from within in the meantime while also pretending to abide by fake ceasefires and peace treaties.

It's worth noting that these invasions took place at the end of each of the two-term presidents you've mentioned in that meme.

I bring this up because Trump’s punk ass failed to secure a 2nd consecutive term in 2020. Had he won, Russia would still be invading Ukraine in his second term. I’m sure of it. The CIA literally had training programs in Ukraine to help their military prepare for an inevitable Russian invasion after Crimea was stolen. And you can tell this preparation paid off when Russia failed spectacularly to overrun and capture Kyiv at the start of the war.

And if I’m being honest, thank god Trump didn’t win his re-election bid, as he would have likely abandoned Ukraine…leaving them high and dry.

We saw evidence of this when he offered aid to Ukraine as a quid pro quo. Like the grimy man he is, he was trying to dig up dirt on Biden in exchange.
      Yes, Putin is a little man. But Trump is a toddler, so my GIF is correct.

5B510257-B872-44F7-BA54-E1587F49600E.jpeg

74BD067E-DEEB-4C52-9756-ED52617BAFD8.jpeg

BF0403E6-217C-409A-AC3C-9FF77EA07788.gif

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Funny Funny x 3
    5. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      IMG_0045.jpeg

DJT stock is up today by about 8%. Are you buying, @ZFire?

The future of the United States of America:

5A79EF16-CFE9-4213-A23A-1E14BBF15B52.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Judge Alito said this today:
      Alito is being deliberately obtuse here. Biden is NOT going after Trump. Trump committed crimes and is facing consequences for them; it is that simple. He cannot be so stupid as to A) not see that Trump is the one who is destabilizing the functions of Democracy through his bad faith actions and alleged criminal past and B) actually think there should be a precedent that any one president can be absolved of any crimes simply for being president.

What Alito should have said is, 'An incumbent who can kill off a challenger without consequence as part of 'official duties' will scare off all other challengers -- and ensure a hereditary monarchy that the founders expressly sought to avoid.'

These justices are not impartial. The lines of questioning from all the rightie justices, with the exception of Barrett, were totally unhinged. It was all grievance from a bunch of bozos who worked in Republican administrations. I'm expecting some equally unhinged opinions and a bizarre ruling that somehow gives Trump a bunch of immunity but denies it to Biden.

I am very sure the founding fathers who wrote the Constitution never imagined a Supreme Court bought by special interests allowing a fascist to take over their country.

If Biden wins the presidency and has the House and Senate, I don’t see how he wouldn’t expand the Supreme Court. At this point, they’re not even trying to hide their bias.

I personally felt patriotic most of my life until 2016. I still have pride, like caring for what our country's flag used to represent and supporting troops. But the Republicans and Trump have turned my precious country inside out.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don’t do individual stock picking.

Index funds and ETFs all day, every day.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Here are a few things that Biden recently claimed for which there is no evidence:

1. He had been arrested at a civil rights protest rally.
      2. He used to drive an 18-wheeler truck.
      3. His uncle, Ambrose Finnegan, AKA Uncle Bosey, was eaten by cannibals after a WWII plane crash in New Guinea.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Would Speaker Mike Johnson be President if Biden & Harris were eaten by cannibals? Just a thought.

Maybe Biden & Harris could visit New Guinea sometime for a vacation.

• Funny Funny x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What does everyone think about the potential ban on the social media platform TikTok? If I recall, the ban could take effect beginning of next year unless TikTok is sold to a US company. China's government has a lot of influence and presence on the platform. Not sure how serious the security concerns if I’m being honest. I don’t use the app.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fulton, GA, D.A. Fani Willis, who is responsible for indicting Trump and others for alleged election interference, gave her boyfriend, Nathan Wade, a million-dollar job as a prosecutor in the case. After their relationship was revealed in court, Wade was forced to step down. She is now up for reelection and did not show up at a scheduled debate with attorney Christian Wise Smith, who is seeking the Democratic nomination. Smith warned that Willis' focusing on Trump's election interference case leaves people "vulnerable" and "many priorities neglected" in Georgia's largest county.

12. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Is this what they call American politics? If so, it is in bad condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      I wouldn't touch TikTok with a 10-foot stick. Total garbage.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Big win for consumer’s rights these past few days. Net Neutrality is finally back in order. Holy crap, I thought it would never come back.

Thank you to Obama for implementing this pro-consumer policy in the first place.

F*ck the greedy internet service providers (ISPs).

F*ck Trump and Ajit Pai for repealing Net Neutrality.

And big thanks to Biden and his administration for restoring Net Neutrality.

Yet another reason not to vote for Trump and his cronies. Voting for him means supporting big business and allowing corporations to exploit the little guy without restraint.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Kristi Noem wants everyone to know that it wasn’t easy for her to kill her 14-month-old wire-haired pointer, Cricket, for aggressive behavior.

Noem’s decision to disclose in her new memoir that she once shot and killed a family dog is being seen as pure political self-immolation.

Noem, until recently widely viewed as a top contender as Trump’s VP, laid out the decision to kill the pup in her new book, 'No Going Back: The Truth on What's Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward':
      Noem also killed a “nasty and mean” goat in the same gravel pit, another family pet that failed to live up to the high ideals Noem has for domesticated beasts.

What’s clear to anyone who has ever loved a dog is that Noem failed to do the actual hard thing - training Cricket instead of dragging her to a gravel pit and shooting her dead.

And if you can’t do the truly hard thing, you shouldn’t be in the governor’s office, much less in the running for vice president.

Trump just needs to say he approves, and Republican voters will obey him and support her without a second thought. I think she told this story as a roundabout way of letting Trump know that she’s good with a gun and has no problem with shooting living creatures.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Biden's dogs, Major and Commander, have bitten numerous people dozens of times, causing injuries to his bodyguards that were serious enough to require medical care. It took years before the Commander was removed. It's funny how his supporters tend to ignore that.

Some animals are "nasty and mean," and nothing can be done to change that. Noem was correct in putting them down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Cruelty is 'a feature, not a bug' with many Republicans, and, in that regard, Noem is a true believer.

Conservative commentator Tomi Lahren posted about this online:
      Joan Payton, of the German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America, had this to say about the killing:
      Speculation is that her book is coming out now because Noem is being vetted as a vice president candidate.

Noem obviously killed the dog in a “fit of anger,” and there were witnesses; the only way a 14-month-old pup is mean and nasty is because the owner has the same disposition.

Comparing Biden’s personal pets to Noem's untrained hunting dog is a stretch. The White House is an extremely stressful, noisy environment full of strangers that would be a challenge for many dogs, whereas Noem chose not to train her dog, let it run off leash, and shot it to death due to her negligence when it subsequently killed a neighbor’s chicken.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The reason the majority of dogs are "good" is because our ancestors had the intelligence not to breed, and often would kill, dogs with a bad disposition - particularly towards children or other animals.

I understand that the White House is not the place to have a dangerous dog, but Biden didn't care - he just let it keep on biting the Secret Service personnel until he had no choice but to send it away. Human suffering, other than his own, means nothing to this man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You know, if I participated in a deplorable practice the vast majority of people don't approve of, I'd probably keep it to myself. Not in the sense of being ashamed of it, but it's probably because it's an easy way of making yourself a social pariah for many. But if you don't care, then you don't care. You do you.

Even Junior and Bannon can't find a way to defend her. That's ruff...
      Dogs know if you "hate" them and react accordingly. This is my last post from me about dogs.

20. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I watched Kristi Noem on Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan. My opinion is that her being pro-life is much more important than her putting down a dog and goat 20 years ago that were causing problems. I’m sure the left will bash her and ignore the 10 million illegal aliens let in by Biden, Harris & Mayorkas, and all the Fentanyl deaths in the last 3+ years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noem also suggested that Biden's dog, Commander, should be put down, as it has bitten numerous Secret Service agents. The White House has criticized her for this remark. Biden jokes about the dog-biting incidents. Biden should be locked for an hour in a room with a vicious dog, and we'll find out how he feels about the issue when he emerges.

In any case, Trump is doing better than Biden, and Biden's supporters are beginning to realize that there is a good possibility he will not win in November.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Let's forget about dogs. There were much more juicy, interesting things to discuss today, such as testimony in Trump's courtroom trial. Per Daniel's testimony, after Trump pulled out a magazine, she said she told him:
      Daniel's description of the magazine incident led many jurors to...
      Per her testimony, Trump also told her, "You remind me of my daughter." Not sure if this was before or after sex.

It has been well-documented that he looks at his own daughter in a sexual way. There have been many quotes over the years of him being a total perv about her on the record. He has no sense of self-awareness about it at all.

"If Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her." — Donald Trump, 2006, on national television.

• Informative Informative x 1
    23. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I just want to say this thread is very entertaining for me; thank you to all the participants.

24. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The judge in Trump's Florida Documents case in Florida has indefinitely postponed the case.

Stormy Daniel's jokes during her testimony did not go over well with the jury in the NYC Hush Money trial.

The Economist, presidential poll:

Trump Biden Poll The Economist.jpg

25. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      _n.png?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=GGUwqWlz87IQ7kNvgENa9ol&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    26. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It is entertaining, isn't it.

In other news, RFK Jr. admitted in a NY Times article that a brain worm ate part of his brain, and he was also previously diagnosed with mercury poisoning, which causes serious neurological issues.

2010, he was experiencing memory loss and mental fogginess so severe that a friend grew concerned he might have a brain tumor.

He saw a neurologist, and after brain scans, his doctor believed that the abnormality seen on his scans "was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died."

For decades, he also suffered from atrial fibrillation, something that increases the risk of stroke or heart failure. He has been hospitalized at least four times for it.

He said this in a 2012 deposition:
      At least he has a good sense of humor about his deteriorating memory, as he posted this on his X profile:
      The funny part that the NY Times never mentioned was the most obvious one - he did serious drugs for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
    27. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Terrible @Jammer. :eek: I shouldn't have laughed at this... but I did.

Hello @Daniel Lion, @just1morething!

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    28. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is it true that multiple polls indicate that Joe Biden is the least popular president in 70 years? Snopes says that it is.

His average job approval rating is 38.7, which is quite low compared to Trump's 46.8 and Obama's 45.9.

His 13th-quarter approval average was the lowest in modern history, worse than either Carter or Nixon.

29. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      My buddy Tom went to college and racked up a lot of student debt. He never committed a crime and had a squeaky-clean record. However, due to George W. Bush's ignorance, he graduated into one of the worst economic disasters. At one point, he had to choose between food and paying his loans, and he chose the former, and his loans defaulted.

He eventually got hired by a US Government agency that gave him a temporary security clearance. About three months in, he met with an investigator to review his background and go through his last ten years—where he lived, who he knew, who he owed money to, and his debts. They didn't want anything that could be held over his head or possibly used to blackmail him into selling US secrets in the future. He was honest with them through the whole process.

He was notified two weeks later that his clearance had been denied and was let go immediately. That was it: job gone, clearance not attained, all over student loan debt. With that sad bit of history behind him, he became a software programmer. A manager of a programming team, and finally became one the most successful trainers of other software engineers, whose companies paid to have him teach their engineers his company's complex software development package in a three-day course. He truly found his calling and loves his job.

Yet here we are, with a candidate who committed crimes, who now needs money, and is likely totally corrupt. One who has already been questioned on his relationships and dealings with foreign powers that the United States opposes. Not only did he once have access to the highest security clearance in the country, but he also might actually hold the position again. Compared to what my friend Tom did, who did what he had to do to survive and was held accountable by the government, it's now time for the American people to hold this candidate accountable. It's time to pay up sucker.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    30. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What "crimes" has Trump been convicted of? There are none that I know of. As far as the Hush Money trial, is it that important that he may have incorrectly paid off a porn star who hates him, to not expose an alleged sexual affair she had with him? We have wars with Biden, and all the Democrats can say is that Putin controlled Trump and that we are better off now, with a war. This is not only illogical, and a lie, it is anti-human.

Most people get turned down for most jobs they apply for. Why is your friend entitled to something that most would also be denied? If that is his main tragedy in life, I don't even want to tell you about the least of mine. It was his choice to go to an expensive college that he could not afford and take out loans with high interest to finance it. Biden must be his choice for president, he's running this country into debt so fast, that the inflation is killing us.

Almost everybody is fed up with him and if they are not, their ideas of what constitutes a good leader, are probably very questionable.

Next week, convicted perjurer Michael Cohen is going to be testifying for the prosecution in the Hush Money trial. That's going to be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1