2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZFire, Jul 28, 2023.

1. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      If the left desires to turn most of the human males gay, bisexual, or transgender, wouldn’t there be more childless cat ladies? I’m pretty sure most Norwegians think gay sex is so damn natural.

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      squidward-throw-away.gif

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Funny Funny x 2
    3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      So true. Although @just1morething has shown me that a vegetarian pizza with bacon is superb, and some contributors have stopped referring to VP Harris as a whore, which is a move in the right direction. So, there have been some small changes regarding pizza and name-calling. Not too shabby; it's progress.

• Like Like x 4
    4. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why would you not vote for the common sense policy that Trump and Elon Musk talked about in their X interview? Harris and Walz won’t do interviews. What does that tell you?
      Is that a transsexual doing a brain exchange?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Europeans who are affected by hoards of migrants are up in arms, and many of them understand that Trump is the candidate who is best for America and beyond. They're also tired of the threat of WWIII, nuclear war, etc., none of which was present during Trump's term.

Before the live-streamed Trump-Musk interview, Thierry Breton of the European Union posted a letter on X, warning Musk about spreading "harmful content." Still, it backfired, and Breton was criticized heavily.

Using migrants for cheap labor, for the benefit of the rich and corporations, at the cost of destroying the working and middle class, is the goal of those who are flooding countries with these outsiders. If Harris is elected, we can expect more of the same as what Biden has been responsible for. The United States should, and must, set an example for the rest of Western Civilization by electing Trump and ending this.

• Like Like x 1
    6. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      Trump doesn't care about the border or the country. He was ineffective in that last time. And he's why the bipartisan negotiated border bill didn't pass. He wanted it to remain an issue for his political benefit, even to the country's detriment. He wants to raise prices through high tariffs on Chinese imports that are passed on to consumers as much higher prices on top of our high inflation thanks to all the money that Trump flooded into the economy from the pandemic stimulus. And while he gives more tax cuts to the rich, he wants to take health care away from anyone on the ACA, which includes the Medicaid Expansion.

Regarding not taxing tips. I think that's a bad idea for both of them. That's just part of their working income and should be taxed the same. Not taxing Social Security benefits might sound good on the surface until you realize those taxes go back into Social Security to help sustain the fund, which is already troubled. I'm sure Trump doesn't understand any details about how that works. He is very low intelligence.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Anomalous Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      The polarization of American politics into two major parties is a mathematical inevitability of the voting system: First Past the Post - the candidate with a PLURALITY (not even a majority) of the vote wins.

Say there are four candidates, and the vote distribution is something like this:

upload_2024-8-14_19-55-6.png

Capybara wins even though 64% of the voters didn't vote for her, and it only gets worse with more candidates.

Giraffe's voters can't stand Capybara, but they don't really mind Orangutang. Some of them finally come to their senses, realizing that the general population would never vote for such a fringe candidate like Giraffe and back Orangutang instead. It only takes 4% to make Orangutang the winner. Giraffe drops in the polls until only the die-hards are left.

Meanwhile, Zebra's voters don't really like Orangutang, and they now have two options:

1. Stay with Zebra, which basically guarantees an Orangutang victory.

2. Jump ship to Capybara, and pray it's enough to reach 50% +1 votes.

This is the main argument against First Past the Post: voting for the third-party candidate that you agree with the most makes it more likely that the main party candidate you agree with the least wins, effectively forcing the voters to pick among two options that they aren't particularly excited about. Orangutang and Capybara receive almost all the media attention and funding, making it virtually impossible for Giraffe and Zebra to make their case.

Now imagine First Past The Post times fifty + the District of Columbia. Rhode Islanders might really like Giraffe, but they know that none of the other states would ever vote for him. And if Giraffe somehow wins Rhode Island, it matters diddly squat.

Meanwhile, Congress and the State legislatures are all full of Orangutans and Capybaras. Changing the system requires a constitutional amendment, and why would they ever vote for something that makes it less likely to get re-elected? So Americans are basically stuck with this system for as long as the United States is a country, and the only way to make progress is to lobby the two major parties on a case-by-case basis.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trump has a rally right now in North Carolina if you are interested in watching. He is on Fox and Newsmax. I know you are a tough nut to crack. It sounds like you are a diehard Democrat who only watches left-wing media.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This has been said several times, and the answer is that Biden was the president responsible in the first place for opening up the border to allow many millions of illegal aliens in. It makes no sense to sign a bill from his administration to correct it because he is not reliable, trustworthy, or honest.

These illegals that rape, rob, and kill need to be deported immediately. This past weekend, in Coney Island, Brooklyn, two of them beat a couple and raped a woman near a migrant shelter. One of the illegals had been previously arrested for a sexual assault crime in Texas.

Biden and Harris do not care what this criminal scum does; they're committed to flooding the country with them to get votes and provide their upper-crust supporters with cheap labor. We, the taxpayers, have to foot the bill for them.

Floyd Bennett Field, a national park in Brooklyn, is now hosting thousands of illegals - and NYC has to pay the Federal Government a million dollars a month for the privilege. The park is ruined, and the illegals go around neighborhoods knocking on doors for money, begging in the streets, shoplifting, robbing pedestrians, working off the books on motorscooters, often riding on the sidewalk, etc.

Biden, in my opinion, is a criminal who should face prosecution, but I know that won't happen.

It's time for mass deportations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      I'm sorry to hear that things are getting out of hand in the U.S. Since Biden stepped down, he's essentially just "keeping the seat warm" in the White House until Kamala or Donald takes over. I think it's time to start examining her stance on issues and how she might handle them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LOL. I'm not a Democrat and don't watch left-wing media (msNBC is what especially comes to mind, and I don't even get the cable news channels). I get news from a mix of sources, online and TV (not cable).
      From his administration? It was a bipartisan negotiated bill that all parties were likely to pass until Trump urged them not to for his own political benefit. If he really cared about the country instead of only about himself, he would not have stopped the progress of securing the border.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. Things had been "getting out of hand" considerably before Biden was forced to withdraw from the election.

Harris is not even close to being equal to Donald Trump, much less a better candidate. He could run rings around her with his experience and knowledge of how to get things done.

It's a non-contest, but people are brainwashed to think of Trump as stupid and corrupt. They need to get their heads straight on this because a person like Harris, as president, is not in the best interest of the United States or the rest of the free world. Trump is the one who had peace for four years. If elected, Harris will continue the Russia-Ukraine War, not deal correctly with Iran or other unfriendly nations, refuse to get rid of the illegal aliens, bring another twenty or thirty million in, and do as much other harm as any one person could, as POTUS.

It's not a surprise that she has not held a single press conference to answer questions about her policies. She's not intelligent enough to be able to do this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Kamala Harris and Willie Brown 1995 Color.jpg

14. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. Jupiterman

Jupiterman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden loud noise
      Are these two photos AI produced?

17. Watasha
      No Mood

Watasha Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "directly." I won't argue back and forth about this, but you are wrong.

Collins Dictionary: Indirectly responsible
      The border bill was torpedoed because of foreign aid. If the Democrats wanted to secure the border, THEY would pass a CLEAN bill and would pass TOMORROW. Border security is NOT a priority for Democrats; we've known that for decades.

The economy was growing at a fast pace (roughly 6.5%) at the time of Biden's American Rescue Plan, which increased government spending by 50%, roughly 2 trillion on a 4 trillion base. Obama's own economic advisor, Larry Summers, warned of the inflation threat at the time. Blaming Trump for the inflation shows how partisan, ignorant, or dishonest you are.

Again, I will not respond to any replies from you. I frankly find it appalling how disgustingly partisan your posts are, but other people on here deserve the bigger picture.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They are absolutely not AI-produced. Jeffrey Epstein was at the White House with Bill Clinton 17 times.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      They are not. Both Donald Trump and Bill Clinton were good friends of Jeffrey Epstein and have been accused of sleeping with underage girls as young as 12 years old, and almost certainly did it too. Trump even bought Epstein's private jet, which was called "Lolita Express," and used it to fly to his campaign events.
      Good. Put him and Donald in jail.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nobody can go to jail because they took a picture with, or knew, Jeffery Epstein; if that were to happen, many people would have to be arrested and prosecuted. There is no evidence that Trump was nearly as close to Epstein as Clinton and other politicians, business people, etc. I do not believe that Clinton is a pedophile, although he likes young women, as evidenced by Monica Lewinsky.

This all started because I posted a photo of Kamala with her then-boyfriend, the politically powerful Willie Brown, a much older ladies' man who paid her off with lucrative government appointments in California at the taxpayers' expense, which made it possible for her to advance her political career.

If a young man has sex with a much older female or male politician to obtain political appointments, he would be considered a gigolo or male-whore, and he probably would not get very far, at least not as far as Kamala has.

It is neither racist nor sexist to not like or support Kamala Harris, despite what the woke say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have to disagree with you if you suggest Trump isn't responsible, even if he didn't pull the trigger himself. We will have to agree to disagree.
      You apparently didn't read all my earlier comments and references, or you should know you are wrong. Someone else made the same comment, but it just shows you weren't following through with what really happened, as I responded to in an earlier comment. This was all because Trump didn't want them to pass the bipartisan negotiated border bill because he wanted it to remain an issue during the election that he thought he could use in his favor. Obviously, he only cared about himself, not the country. Go back and read the previous posts and references. And LOL, Republicans would never allow a border bill to pass now. Trump is using the issue as a campaign talking point to criticize Harris, even though it's only an issue now because of Trump.
      Wrong. Trump not only oversaw tremendous amounts of stimulus during the pandemic, leading to inflation, but he also wanted to send out even more money to people, which would have just worsened inflation further. It all ties back to Trump, and the economy has improved significantly under Biden.

As a final note, you apparently missed where I had just said that I'm not a Democrat. So, I'm not posting anything partisan, just the facts. The partisan posts are coming from some others here.

22. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Politics is such a nasty word.

23. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      upload_2024-8-17_10-29-8.png

upload_2024-8-17_10-29-41.png

"I've got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

"You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] writes as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

To a female reporter: "We could say, politically correct, that look doesn't matter, but the look obviously matters. Like you wouldn't have your job if you weren't beautiful."

To a contestant on "The Apprentice:" "That must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees."

On his daughter Tiffany (one year old at the time): "Well, I think that she's got a lot of Marla. She's a really beautiful baby, and she's got Marla's legs." Motioning to his chest, Trump added: "We don't know whether she's got this part yet, but time will tell."

On his daughter Ivanka: "She does have a very nice figure ... if [she] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

As the saying goes, if he looks like a rapist, talks like a rapist, and acts like a rapist...

• Agree Agree x 3
    24. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Before he decided to run for president, Trump had no problems. He was a TV star and a real estate giant, and he had no malicious accusations or nasty lawsuits leveled against him.

Attempts to excuse Kamala, who literally prostituted herself to become a politician, by smearing Trump won't work - she is not qualified to be president by any stretch.

Trump says many things, but we do not want a Mr. Rogers for president. Trump has said that if the Democrats had selected a good presidential ticket, he would not be running.

I did not vote for Trump in 2016 because we were told that he would destroy the country and start WWIII. He didn't do any of that; he was an excellent leader. I lived in NYC during Trump's term, and he took care of us during COVID-19, and in other ways, as best as humanly possible. Since 2021, Biden has only created problems here and everywhere else, and Kamala is worse than him.

If you want war, Kamala is your candidate. Trump is the candidate who desires peace - the most important issue in the world.

• Agree Agree x 2
    25. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      The same could be said about "humanity."

I’ve got fish to grill—literally—four catfish, along with some squash, onions, garlic, and peppers. That’s the plan. Afterward, I’m going to work out with my 15-year-old, who has finally reached the point where he can keep up with me in sports and sparring. As for the little ones, I’ll playfully challenge them later once they’re awake—it’s always fun. Then, I’ll spend some time on my art.

I’ve got five stitches in my head, and I’m looking forward to getting them removed soon.

That’s all the news on my end. I hope you and Mrs. Elmer have a peaceful day and a fabulous week!

• Hug Hug x 3
    26. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excellent leader? Took care of us during COVID-19? There's no reality in that. You need to expose yourself to reality instead of only sourcing right-wing media for your news.

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      So, the bleach did the trick, then?

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    28. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      While Trump is not perfect (nobody is), Trump-Vance is far and away a better pick on all important policies than Harris-Walz. Just compare Trump’s four years to Biden-Harris's nearly four years. Bill O’Reilly rates Biden as the 2nd worst President in American history. His book “Confronting the Presidents” is coming out in September.

I’m pretty sure that most posters on this thread that despise Trump have varying degrees of TDS, but mostly grade 5 (the worst). Sadly, just like tinnitus, there is no cure for this condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. BrOKeN_1

BrOKeN_1 Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      The last thing they want is Kamala talking off-script. She has nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    30. prowlinacage

prowlinacage Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long-term noise exposure
      My dude - 1973’s United States v. Fred C. Trump, Donald Trump, and Trump Management, Inc. has entered the chat.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1