2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZFire, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Bob3382
      Stressed

Bob3382 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible ear infection, unknown
      She’s got the best word salads in the world. WhatchyoutalkinbouWillis?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      That's the civil rights housing case. It was nothing; Fred and his son Donald had to follow a few stipulations.

All landlords, including blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc., discriminate one way or another because that's the way it works everywhere because they must do what most of their tenants want. The Trumps were singled out because they were very well-known and prosperous.

I live not too far from Trump housing projects, which Trump no longer owns, and they are still beautiful. Fred Trump did a great thing by building affordable housing, much of it for returning WWII veterans. How many landlords have done that? He was very well-liked, but nobody is without faults. For decades, his son Donald Trump was the Toast of the Town in NYC.

There is no comparison between body-for-hire Kamala Harris, who can't even answer a question, and Trump, who has dealt with every type of business person, politician, labor union, entertainment industry leader, etc., and no doubt organized crime in Vegas and Atlantic City as well, for over half a century. In Real World success and experience, she is not even in the same universe as him. In fact, very few, if any, politicians are, and she's beneath the vast majority of them.

He is eminently qualified to be America's agent, like a lawyer, when dealing with other countries we compete with or face as opponents because he can win. Kamala cannot do this.

She wants to cut "price gouging," which is price fixing. If this happens, the government will be required to take over failed industries, such as food supplies—communism. The reason for our problems is massive inflation caused by the Democrats. We need to reign in spending.

We can continue to give hundreds of billions to Ukraine, allow tens of millions more illegals to enter our country, let inflation take our savings, or elect Trump, who will end this madness.
      I did not need right or left-wing media to know what was happening in my city during COVID-19. You need to look at the facts.

I have said this before, and I repeat: During Trump's term, in October 2020, Biden claimed that the (then current) 220,000 COVID-19 deaths were unacceptable, that Trump was not qualified to lead, and if elected, he would improve this situation. When Biden was inaugurated in January 2021, the death total from the disease was approaching 400,000. Today, the total number is 1,219,487. Even with the vaccines, Biden has had 820,000 more COVID-19 deaths, which is over twice the number of fatalities during Trump's term. Is this supposed to be an improvement?

• Like Like x 1
    3. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      From diapers to ear bandages to, uh, semen cups?

trump-supporters-showing-off-their-replica-jd-vance-semen-v0-5v2afgdydmjd1.jpg

How do non-MAGA conservatives feel about this?

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. crescentsky
      Transparent

crescentsky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2022: April/May, Exact Timing? DK.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no idea, shit luck
      Uh, that is downright creepy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    5. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is an unbelievable police presence in Chicago for the Democratic Convention. An iron wall was built around it. Many Chicago businesses are boarding up for protection if riots break out.

It isn't protests by Republicans or Trump supporters that they're fearful of - it's other Democrats!

Attendance inside the convention is very low, as shown in the picture below, which has gone viral. At the Republican Convention, every seat was taken.

Many protestors are outside, and skirmishes with the police have already occurred. The protestors broke through the fence and swarmed in.

DNC Convention 2024.jpg

6. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Lol! NoBodY ShOwEd uP tO tHe RNC. SAD!

GVYbRvzaMAA_ddH.jpeg

@Luman, as you can see, it's pretty easy to form a false narrative around photos that were taking during different times of the day. The photo you posted was (probably) taken during the early hours of the convention.

Perhaps diversifying your newsfeeds would help to paint a more nuanced picture of current events.

For comparison, this one was taken during Hillary's speech:

download.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    7. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Anomalous Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      The stadium was packed. I'm sorry you had to create your own fake reality to cope.

President Biden addresses Democratic National...

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    8. BadNeighbors
      In pain

BadNeighbors Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise/construction
      Is there any way we can get both parties to at least mention tinnitus during this election? Should we hire a lobbyist? Organize a special interest group? :D

Tim Walz has tinnitus and Vance has to know people who have it. How do we get them to fight about who wants to help us more? How do we get them to say no veteran and no civilian should have to deal with this?

• Good Question Good Question x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    9. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I’ve heard that they are giving free abortions and vasectomies near the DNC. Tell me that isn’t strange. I can’t wait to see Harris give a press conference with questions from reporters. I can’t envision her being the next POTUS. She is not qualified for the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They probably hired people to take the empty seats, like they do at Kamala's rallies.

Biden was put on to speak very late. The speech, probably written for him, continued past midnight so that fewer would hear him, lol. Biden and his wife left Chicago; they won't stay to listen to the acceptance speech.

Kamala Meme Problems.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      This is more evidence that you need to get more balanced news instead of believing everything you get from right-wing media and your Facebook feeds. Even then, it's hard to believe you could have believed that photo represented the actual attendance.

Anyway, hopefully, Harris will continue where Biden leaves off, lifting this country back up from the mess the Trump presidency left behind.

12. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Well, in many European countries, vasectomies and abortions are covered by basic healthcare plans. I find it stranger that these procedures aren't readily (and legally) available in America.

I find it stranger still that Roe versus Wade was actually overturned – a major step backwards with regards to self-determination. Isn't America supposed to be the land of the free?

With conservative Christian doctrine permeating the Supreme Court and current politics, I guess the First Amendment isn't worth much anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you want her to continue giving hundreds of billions of our tax dollars to Ukraine to fight an unwinnable war that is costing thousands of lives? This war did not exist until a year after Biden was in office when Russia realized that Biden would rather play war games with American money than avoid it. Biden has forbidden Zelensky to agree to attend peace talks. We can only assume that Kamala will do the same or worse.

Trump is still being blamed for the horrendous Biden administration.

People I know are getting electric bills of $800.00 or more monthly for average-sized homes, and the Democrats want all-electric cars to be mandated, electric heat, and more.

Trump has said that if the Democrats had chosen a good candidate, he would not have rerun.

NY Gov. Kathy Hochel, at the DNC, said that Trump was a "philanderer." Shouldn't somebody remind her that Kamala prostituted herself with a much older married man named Willie Brown to get lucrative political positions in California?

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      With all due respect, you don’t make any goddamn sense. You said you are not a Democrat, then what the hell are you?

15. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abortion is, in many or most cases, a violation of the civil and human rights of the unborn. It has nothing to do with Christian doctrine to me, as I do not believe in theology.

Kamala is obsessed with Roe vs. Wade, a legislation so radical that even the liberal Democrat Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg thought was too sweeping and far-reaching. America is called the United States for a reason, and the states should be the ones to enact laws regarding abortion, not the Federal Government. Kamala better start talking about other things because abortion is not an issue that most Americans are concerned with at the moment.

So far, she has flipped from progressive to moderate. She has acknowledged that her ads have been erased and/or changed. She cannot run by supporting Bernie Sanders's policies, which she did as a senator.

Now, she says she'll drill. She used to support socialized medicine but has dropped that. She'll say whatever she thinks will get votes, no matter what she formerly espoused, which is what Biden always does.

She has never been challenged, and when that happens, it could very well determine her ability to win this election.

You're hearing how great she is doing from the pro-left media, but she has to start answering difficult questions, and I don't think she can handle that.

Harris before and after.jpg

16. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      How dare you take the Lord's name in vain and still call yourself a Christian. I will now demand an extra portion of bacon on my vegetarian pizza to celebrate Vice President Harris's historic victory.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      There's an old saying that fits this candidate perfectly:

If you can't baffle them with the truth,
      at least baffle them with bullsh%t.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I thought it was okay when you used a small “g.” Maybe it was because my left ear noise is very loud, and I had just seen an ENT yesterday with the usual answer and was frustrated.

Bill O’Reilly (whom I respect) said that Trump responsibly governed this nation, and everyone prospered whether you like him or not. You can’t say the same thing about Biden-Harris. Bill O’Reilly (a tough interviewer) has J.D. Vance on his show Thursday after some negotiating. He said Harris and Walz would never come on his show “The No Spin News.” Bill O’Reilly would shred those two with facts that can’t be disputed, so it would not go well for them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      I'm sorry to hear about your ENT troubles. I can imagine your frustration. I hope you're doing well.

I'll try to check out the O'Reilly interview tomorrow. With 10 September drawing closer, I'm pretty excited to see the debate. Have they set a time yet? I hope it won't be in the middle of the night for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    20. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      Independent.
      LOL, Bill O'Reilly was fired from Fox News after sexual harassment. He is very biased. You need to find some balanced news sources. You and @Luman are the same in that way.

Trump tried desperately to overturn Obamacare and came very close. We were fortunate that John McCain and some others gave the thumbs down to save it. He did other things along the way, trying to undermine the law. By contrast, Biden improved the ACA.

Where's that wall that Trump told us 1000 times that Mexico was going to pay for? Lol.

Also, what's with Trump always insulting veterans/military and talking about "black jobs"?

21. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I voted for Obama twice. I believed him when he said you could keep your present insurance under the ACA. I had private insurance called Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, and the ACA eliminated it. I was forced to take a more expensive plan than Empire BC/BS, and overall, it was much worse.

Democrats rob the working and middle class to get votes from those who are not working or otherwise not doing that well. I know that most people were not poorly affected by Obamacare, but many were, including my wife and myself. This is not an opinion from Fox News; it happened to us.

Obama lied, but Trump, who I did not vote for in 2016, did nothing to hurt me. He did better than any president in years despite dealing with a new, previously unknown disease that was likely created in the Wuhan lab that Fauci was in charge of.

22. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you were truly independent, you would say positive and negative comments about both Trump-Vance and Harris-Walz. You remind me of Jimmy Kimmel, as he always trashed Trump but never Biden.

23. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      This thread is nuts, lol. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'll likely do both.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    24. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      RFK Jr. is expected to drop out by the end of the week and endorse Trump.

According to payroll data from the Department of Labor, released earlier today, the U.S. economy created 818,000 fewer jobs than previously reported. This does not bode well for Kamala.

25. Anomalous
      Roflmao

Anomalous Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, stress
      Trump's national security advisor, H.R. McMaster, warned against Trump on CBS: "Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defence James Mattis regarded the President as dangerous."

H.R. McMaster on 13 months working for Trump

His press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, spoke at the Democratic National Convention: "It doesn't matter what you say, Stephanie. Say it enough, and people will believe you."

Former Trump press secretary Stephanie Grisham...

Even his own Vice President Mike Pence said that Trump is unfit for office. "President Trump asked me to put him over the Constitution, but I chose the Constitution."

Mike Pence slams Donald Trump after latest...

Literally, his entire administration is warning against him - people that Trump himself hired. He has boasted about only hiring the best people, but when they've had enough - like a flip of a coin - they supposedly become the most incompetent and untrustworthy people in the world.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    26. pants

pants Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      I have to click on this thread to remove the posts from my "New Posts" count :(

• Like Like x 2
    27. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Thanks for sharing; I now better understand your reasoning for voting a certain way.

Disregarding political talking points, personal experiences often get lost in the discussion. Based on these experiences, you feel you might fare better under a Trump presidency in the next 4 years, and I respect that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Bob3382
      Stressed

Bob3382 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible ear infection, unknown
      Same. Ditto. Lather, rinse, repeat. That’s what most political threads are like on most message boards. There is no engagement on issues, just lobbing grenades from behind ideological barricades.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      Oh, Daniel, I never knew you were Jewish/Muslim. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    30. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Anomalous, did you listen to the Elon Musk-Trump interview? And see how the J.D. Vance interview goes tonight with Bill O’Reilly.