AM-101 Clinical Trial — Participants Updates and Discussion

Hey, its been two days since my last injection and my tinnitus has gone up quite a bit. from a 3.5 to a 5 out of 10. I can hear it in class now, which makes paying attention difficult. another problem I have is that when I yawn or burp I get a terribly weird sensation in my ears. Like a bunch of pressure shifting around and a weird noise. I am praying all of this goes away.

@Jeffrey F I had all of that, it went away. My noise was a weird click.

I had/still have the clicking sound when I swallow. I think its my eustachian tubes opening and closing - my theory is that they got sticky from the gel and are still getting back to normal. (Although, some people say its normal to hear this, and maybe i just didn't notice it before.)

Late update:

The improvement that I noticed previously no longer exists (and only lasted for approx 2 weeks). It's back to the same level as before treatment started. Altho, I am 90% less annoyed by it, so that's good I guess.

Late update:

The improvement that I noticed previously no longer exists (and only lasted for approx 2 weeks). It's back to the same level as before treatment started. Altho, I am 90% less annoyed by it, so that's good I guess.

Is this your second round of injections?

So the tinnitus is at the same level, but you're less annoyed?
It hardly bothers me nowadays (compared to before) unless I'm in complete silence, where it feels like hell. Like, it's still very noticeable, but I try to keep my mind off it and focus on other things. Could be because I'm currently super busy nowadays, could be because of AM-101 (unlikely), could be because of 'habituation'. I dunno. When I have more spare time, I'll possibly try out one of the new treatments / ideas that have recently popped up on the forum.

It hardly bothers me nowadays (compared to before) unless I'm in complete silence, where it feels like hell. Like, it's still very noticeable, but I try to keep my mind off it and focus on other things. Could be because I'm currently super busy nowadays, could be because of AM-101 (unlikely), could be because of 'habituation'. I dunno. When I have more spare time, I'll possibly try out one of the new treatments / ideas that have recently popped up on the forum.

Ok. Wish you all the best buddy!

4 1/2 days since injections. Ringing 5/10 from usual 3.5/10. My ears feel full and weird. Clicking and pressure sensation when yawning or burping. Occasionally feel ringing worsen with pulse. really frustrated by this. I've stopped going to class and sleeping has become difficult. Starting to become a little depressed unfortunately- im usually a pretty upbeat guy. I think it's Damn unfair that they give placebo to 40 percent of indivuals.

4 1/2 days since injections. Ringing 5/10 from usual 3.5/10. My ears feel full and weird. Clicking and pressure sensation when yawning or burping. Occasionally feel ringing worsen with pulse. really frustrated by this. I've stopped going to class and sleeping has become difficult. Starting to become a little depressed unfortunately- im usually a pretty upbeat guy. I think it's Damn unfair that they give placebo to 40 percent of indivuals.
It will get better, I had all the same in my first round... I think it took 10 days to get back to baseline.
Use a white noise generator at night or listen to Enya.

It will get better, I had all the same in my first round... I think it took 10 days to get back to baseline.
Use a white noise generator at night or listen to Enya.

Cool will do. Enya is the bomb. It's just difficult because I have some friends from home who are visiting so I can't do much. Can't wait till this gets better!

@OddV did you even have the ringing getting louder with pulse? I have that too, and hadn't seen that side effect listed on this thread before. I thought I may have been the only one to experience that.

Don't think so... I did, and do, experience an increase in perception when I'm stressed or my heart rate rises.... When I'm on vacation and completely unplug, T isn't an issue or something I even notice.

You still have that? How long has it been since your injections?

I do. Its not a huge increase in volume with the pulse, and its not all the time, but its still lingering. I'm at 1 month since injections now. In my experience the volume increase was the first thing to clear up, took maybe a week and a half to get back to baseline for me. You're in primetime for having louder T right now, which pretty much everyone goes through. It'll get back to normal.

Regarding the pulse, my doctor seems to think I may have had it all along and not noticed it - but I feel like I would have noticed it if I had it prior. I will say though, even with the slight pulsing, I'm starting to think the overall volume of my tinnitus may be lowering. I'll keep you posted on any developments.

I do. Its not a huge increase in volume with the pulse, and its not all the time, but its still lingering. I'm at 1 month since injections now. In my experience the volume increase was the first thing to clear up, took maybe a week and a half to get back to baseline for me. You're in primetime for having louder T right now, which pretty much everyone goes through. It'll get back to normal.

Regarding the pulse, my doctor seems to think I may have had it all along and not noticed it - but I feel like I would have noticed it if I had it prior. I will say though, even with the slight pulsing, I'm starting to think the overall volume of my tinnitus may be lowering. I'll keep you posted on any developments.
Thats great to hear its lowering man. Hope it goes all the way down to 0!

man, we gotta get to the bottom of this pulsatile thing.. i have a follow up appt this week, going to ask the doc more about it.

Its pretty frustrating eh? Makes sleeping impossible. Like it wasnt already difficult with tinnitus lol. I have an ENT appt in an hour - Ill let you know what he says

edit- good thing is though it seems like most cases of pulsatile tinnitus are curable. and who knows ours could just be a temporary side effect of am 101 injections.

edit- good thing is though it seems like most cases of pulsatile tinnitus are curable. and who knows ours could just be a temporary side effect of am 101 injections.

yeah there might be something we can take to improve circulation.. its weird that this side effect hasn't popped up until now. i also wonder if the placebo alone (gel getting the inner ear soggy?) would be enough to cause it.. or if its the esketamine in action. did you have both ears treated? mine's in my left ear also.

I just font remember anyone having this side effect when I was deciding about participating. Keep us updated.

yeah there might be something we can take to improve circulation.. its weird that this side effect hasn't popped up until now. i also wonder if the placebo alone (gel getting the inner ear soggy?) would be enough to cause it.. or if its the esketamine in action. did you have both ears treated? mine's in my left ear also.

Yeah I am really not sure. The ENT I went to today seemed to not even know what pulsatile tinnitus was (n)
And yes, I was injected in both ears but only have the pulsatile tinnitus on my left ear. Did you by chance fly immediately after your appointment? Or drive in high elevation?

Yeah I am really not sure. The ENT I went to today seemed to not even know what pulsatile tinnitus was (n)
And yes, I was injected in both ears but only have the pulsatile tinnitus on my left ear. Did you by chance fly immediately after your appointment? Or drive in high elevation?

hmm nah, no flying or elevation. my appointment is tomorrow - i'll let you know what my doc says.

ah okay thanks, just asking because I did and kept having painful popping in my left ear when I changed elevation. Your ENT say anything about it?

So my ENT isn't exactly sure whats causing it, but thinks my ear might still have some inflammation from the procedure, which might be causing the pulsatile T. She said just give it some time. I'll keep you posted.

Regarding the popping and pain due to elevation, she didn't mention anything about that specifically but I understand that as being totally normal, given that even people who don't have T or receive injections experience that sometimes. I heard a lot of popping and clicking in the few weeks after my injections.. pretty much back to normal now, although I also have some sinus issues which I think contribute to that.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now