• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

It's the placebo.. which excluded many people!

Wall paths lead to China.^^

If only we could...The thing we know is, that there will be a treatment for tinnitus in the future....Well, we have one know, only it can cause a load of side-effects.

I hate how most of these medications only focus on people who have had tinnitus for a few months. What about those who have had it for years? I think they deserve to try it first >.< Hopefully if all goes well, we all get a fair chance! It's 2015. If we can play 3D games without glasses I think we can find cures, lmao.

10-12 weeks to go for completion according clinicaltrails.gov.
Let's hope we get an update and more details if AUT00063 is efficent or not.

I strongly believe that they are on the right way and we will have a pill for some relief.
Afterwards my bets goes on Genvtec to restore haircells. All in!

10-12 weeks to go for completion according clinicaltrails.gov.
Let's hope we get an update and more details if AUT00063 is efficent or not.

I strongly believe that they are on the right way and we will have a pill for some relief.
Afterwards my bets goes on Genvtec to restore haircells. All in!

Totally agree. These are at best band-aids. *If* it provides a modicum of relief....great. But my guess is it will be temporary until you fix the hair cells and the underlying nerves.

Like most drugs today, they do not *cure* anything....and they lose their potency over time as the body adjusts with up regulation and down regulation of receptors (then there is the liver that breaks it down...etc). But drugs are patentable and drug companies love that. Stem cells and gene therapy leave them with a one-time profit ...since you will be cured. Whereas drugs keep the patient on on the hook for years (better profit). And we know this will not be cheap (people suffering will pay out the azz). If I have to pay out the azz, I'd rather pay for gene therapy and cure the problem for good.

Are there any news on this damn autifony?
Have they started a proper trial yet or still fiddling with patient intake?
Impatient much? It takes at least one more year before results are published. Probably longer! For Phase II! Then there is Phase 3. Good luck waiting 10 years for this drug to come market (if they find it is successful, that is!!). :banghead:

Are there any news on this damn autifony?
Have they started a proper trial yet or still fiddling with patient intake?
Yes, they are still recruiting!! I'm going in end of the month for all the tests to see if I'll be accepted. I've spoken to the assistants helping at the research clinic in London and although they have had a big response, many of of potential trialees coming in do not fit their criteria eg have had Tinnitus too long or their hearing is 'too good'.

The hearing loss requirement is just mind boggling to me... I would think people will less damaged ears could respond better to medication. That's just me though.

It might be because it's easier to convince FDA or whoever approved drugs into market that people actually had tinnitus in the trials instead of making it up due to some personality disorder or whatever. Maybe they feel safer too that people with hearing loss won't report improvement after placebo treatment?

To me its obvious they want to stack the odds because, if their med will work in reality on 20% of people they still want to pass those tests as if it works in 80% of patients because:
a) they will earn money
b) someone somewhere will get some relief even if not as many as in tests thats good enough for some researchers but not for FDA.

I hate how most of these medications only focus on people who have had tinnitus for a few months. What about those who have had it for years? I think they deserve to try it first >.< Hopefully if all goes well, we all get a fair chance! It's 2015. If we can play 3D games without glasses I think we can find cures, lmao.

"The earliest confirmed 3D film shown to an out-of-house audience was The Power of Love, which premiered at the Ambassador Hotel Theater in Los Angeles on 27 September 1922."

So the technology for 3D has been around for a very long time. The knowledge of KV3 channels and the role they play with tinnitus has been known for quite a while...It's all about adoption, 3D wasn't adopted for ages, even to this day 3D glasses free 3D TV's are not adopted. The point is, it's all about money and funding.

I think there is too little severe tinnitus patient for government to bother with this. Every hiv patient is cronic, every tinnitus is not cronick, on the end it comes to so low number that there is no use for them to make medicine. I believe only way they will find a treatment is is as side effect of some medicine, that will lover t, but cure for t will not be found.

KV3 7 50 99 1 all of it does not matter, there is several KV modulators and still none function on tinnitus, trobalt kills entire brain therefore has effect on tinnitus, but one who takes it has to know he will not be able to live, to thing, love and hate or enjoy, trobalt lock brain so much that you are left on basic functions, and it does not work for everyone

Why this arbitrary value between 4000-8000? It doesn't make any sense really. Hearing loss at 12 khz can lead to tinnitus all the same. There is just no reasoning for this.

because in our lifetime we still do audiography from 0.5 to 8khz, they dont do it entire spectrum, just speech spectrum, same like phone, it send only speak not sound of violin on 12khz

It might be because it's easier to convince FDA or whoever approved drugs into market that people actually had tinnitus in the trials instead of making it up due to some personality disorder or whatever. Maybe they feel safer too that people with hearing loss won't report improvement after placebo treatment?

To me its obvious they want to stack the odds because, if their med will work in reality on 20% of people they still want to pass those tests as if it works in 80% of patients because:
a) they will earn money
b) someone somewhere will get some relief even if not as many as in tests thats good enough for some researchers but not for FDA.

SOmeoNE HAS TO SELL TRT

you are hoping to fast track something that does not exist???

It does exist it's in trials. Doctor Charles Large created trobalt and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. He's been doing this for a long time.

i think we better hope chinese make something shanghai and hong kong university is on first 3 in world, while EU and usa are far behind...

Universities doesn't impact on someone's intelligence. Bill Gates is the richest man in the world, he created Microsoft and he never went to university. Same goes for Mark Zuckerberg and Richard Branson.

The 12 largest pharmaceutical companies are based in the US/UK/Europe...Here's list and no Chinese company is mentioned in terms of the largest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pharmaceutical_companies#Largest_companies

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now