• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Don't know where to post, so I'll do it here. You can delete this post if it goes to much "Off topic".

Is there any other approach to cure tinnitus out there, other than the way Autifony does it?

If there is please name a few and give some links, I want to read and learn more about T and different ways it may be possible to cure it.

Don't know where to post, so I'll do it here. You can delete this post if it goes to much "Off topic".

Is there any other approach to cure tinnitus out there, other than the way Autifony does it?

If there is please name a few and give some links, I want to read and learn more about T and different ways it may be possible to cure it.
No cure yet. Otherwise this forum would not exist.
But there are promising treatments on the way like AUT00063 and SF0034.
Besides that, T can resolve on its own or you habituate and T goes into the background.
It much depends on loudness and frequency.

There isn't a cure. There's treatments like trobalt. Do you want a list of drugs which can lower tinnitus or something?

Yes, please.

Trobalt - tinnitus
Keppra - little tinnitus more hiperacusis

i dont know any one that proved effective, one has to be sure that it is EFFECTIVE

Some used xanax or clonazepam just when is to loud

and there is diet: no aspartame, no energy drink, no taste enhancer E620, avoid acid drinks like vinegar, lemon...

all this depend on strength of your tinnitus, i hear mine when buss passes by me

Is SF0034 the same thing as AUTOOO63?
one is UK other is greek

Trobalt - tinnitus
Keppra - little tinnitus more hiperacusis

i dont know any one that proved effective, one has to be sure that it is EFFECTIVE

Some used xanax or clonazepam just when is to loud

and there is diet: no aspartame, no energy drink, no taste enhancer E620, avoid acid drinks like vinegar, lemon...

all this depend on strength of your tinnitus, i hear mine when buss passes by me

one is UK other is greek

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have very load T, I guess many people here has it worse. But I have 3-4 irregular sounds that sometimes torment me a lot. Especially when I can't focus on other things and just get stuck listening to them. I would like to smooth them out a little if possible, then this wouldn't be as bad.

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have very load T, I guess many people here has it worse. But I have 3-4 irregular sounds that sometimes torment me a lot. Especially when I can't focus on other things and just get stuck listening to them. I would like to smooth them out a little if possible, then this wouldn't be as bad.
Sounds bad enough buddy ... we all hope Autifony will be a cure but still have to wait.

I have received a reply from Autiphony saying they expect the results of this trial to be out by the end of the year. At present only the animal trials have shown promise as no human trial results are available yet.
They will publish the results on their website.

All I know is what they wrote

Thank you for your query. Our results will be most likely available by end of this year and will also update our website www.autifony.com accordingly.

In regards to drug's availability, it's too early to estimate. The early preclinical work in animals looks very positive and exciting but, until we have done this next study in Tinnitus sufferers we have no idea of whether those models will be predictive of its activity in humans. So we shall have to wait until this study finishes before we know!! Clinical research just takes a long time.

Is anyone on TT going in for the CLARITY-1 trial in the USA??? (Have to be over 60 years old!)

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02345031

I qualified on all counts, but rejected due to Hyperacusis...which of course I cannot 'hide' and kicked my TFI index up over the threshold. [*See my post #1927 on this in this thread for details].
Tinnitus is "OK" though as long as the hearing loss is there, etc., etc. (which generally will be the case if have T anyway).

Mods...Sorry if being dumb here, but I don't see the Clarity-1 listed in the "Clinical Trials" section?...Yeah it is not for T, but indeed 'could be for T' if anyone gets on it who has it.

Thanks, Zimichael

Is anyone on TT going in for the CLARITY-1 trial in the USA??? (Have to be over 60 years old!)

I qualified on all counts, but rejected due to Hyperacusis...which of course I cannot 'hide' and kicked my TFI index up over the threshold. [*See my post #1927 on this in this thread for details].
Tinnitus is "OK" though as long as the hearing loss is there, etc., etc. (which generally will be the case if have T anyway).

Mods...Sorry if being dumb here, but I don't see the Clarity-1 listed in the "Clinical Trials" section?...Yeah it is not for T, but indeed 'could be for T' if anyone gets on it who has it.

Thanks, Zimichael

Can you n

Thanks, Zimichael

That's sad...Can't believe they won't let you in for you have hyperacusis.

Earplugs?

No...(if you look at my prior post mentioned it explains everything). The H destroys my "Quality of Life" numbers on the TFI index and pushes it over the top. Hard to BS about that even if I wanted to, as once they start the audio testing and I go ape shit..."Pop goes the weasel".

I'm not sure what the point of some of the above comments are. Clinical trials have to start somewhere, usually in animals - these are only an indicator of potential efficacy and safety. If a drug meets the criteria at this point, then safety trials are done in healthy human volunteers followed by safety/efficacy trials in humans with the condition. If a drug successfully gets through each phase it goes to the next. The results of each phase are collated when each trial concludes. Once all the phases of trials are completed clinical papers will be written and released.

O man all this Autiphony staff is just a theoretical. Have this tested animals have tinnitus or not no one really knows. We are holding our breath for nothing. There will be a big dissapointment in the end of the trial. Me myself i am not optimistic at all.

O man all this Autiphony staff is just a theoretical. Have this tested animals have tinnitus or not no one really knows. We are holding our breath for nothing. There will be a big dissapointment in the end of the trial. Me myself i am not optimistic at all.

One person has came on here with results. It had lowered her tinnitus by 75%.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now