• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

These articles question the basis on which tinnitus is measured in animal models. And hence the articles question whether the pre-clinical studies demonstrating efficacy of compound x,y, or z live up to their promise in the "human test lab" so to speak...

A (concerned) passerby

It would seem that ABR testing is a far more robust method for monitoring tinnitus-related alterations in the auditory system in both animals and humans. The startle response is just a cheap and easy way to measure this. It has its limitations and researchers often make conclusions without considering them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4335042/

Once the study is over I can't see it taking more than a few days to conclude if there are dramatic results either way. If there are positive results I would expect to see a press release indicating preliminary findings. I would think the company already has a general idea if the drug is working or not working.

Placebo can't reduce by 75% tinnitus it's like more to 2/3 minus loud...

Well this changes everything.

Regardless Mrs D's testimony is the single positive report of AUT00063. Is this indicative of anything? Well the most we can assume is that it probably doesn't work on every T case. This should be expected though. There is no magic pill that work on every single patient who take them.

O man all this Autiphony staff is just a theoretical. Have this tested animals have tinnitus or not no one really knows.
I have read about this. So first they play really loud noise to the poor animals to give them T. Then after the rats have a brand new T, they give the drug to half of the them. Meanwhile there is a background T-like sound. They stop that T-like sound and then measure the reaction of the animals. If the group of animals, that got the drug, show no signs of stress related to somekind of noise, the drug is probably working. Its a bit vague for me, but the scientists know better than us.

I have read about this. So first they play really loud noise to the poor animals to give them T. Then after the rats have a brand new T, they give the drug to half of the them. Meanwhile there is a background T-like sound. They stop that T-like sound and then measure the reaction of the animals. If the group of animals, that got the drug, show no signs of stress related to somekind of noise, the drug is probably working. Its a bit vague for me, but the scientists know better than us.
They measure startle response. There is also a licking response test. They train them to drink only when they play a T sound. When they get T in their heads, their licking responses increase for a while until they habituate.

There is no 75% placebo effect lol....she also testified that after stopping the trial, her T went back to her old badness and her suffering resumed. That's not placebo dude, stop depressing me.

Just how would a donation help...?
Money helps everything... money makes the world go round. I think this cure will come faster if there is more money. If we count the money we've spend on supplements, benzo's etc it will go up to billions which we could beter invest in this research. Sorry for my bad English.

I thought the outcome will be succesfull anyway from reading al the posts in this tread? My English is bad so maby I am to optimistic about it.

Well yes the posts on here have been overly optimistic. The fact remains that there is only a single report here that AUT00063 had clear beneficial effects. People have been drawing conclusions from this. Your guess is as good as anyone elses.

S
They measure startle response. There is also a licking response test. They train them to drink only when they play a T sound. When they get T in their heads, their licking responses increase for a while until they habituate.

There is no 75% placebo effect lol....she also testified that after stopping the trial, her T went back to her old badness and her suffering resumed. That's not placebo dude, stop depressing me.

Sorry dan if i offend you or made you
depressed. My apologies. Everyone has a freedom to choose and believe in whatever he wants. I choose for myself not to belive and not to have some hope about the Autifony drug. Beacause my own theory on how and why T start is different than doctors Large one. And again i am not a doctor not a scientist.
Now i don't want to make you or anyone else depressed but you should also be prepared for very poor outcome from the trial. Don't be too naive people.

Yes there has been few posts on here from trialees on the AUT00063 trial but remember there are millions of people in the UK with tinnitus and only a very, very small percentage of them are on this site or even know of it's existence. So we don't know how many other people out there have had good (or bad) results. All this speculation isn't doing any of us any good. For heavens sake can we not just be patient and wait for the goddamn results !!!

Whether we are patient or impatient it isn't going to change a thing. The trial will conclude and the results will be out as and when they are, simple. Nothing we say on here is going to make things happen any quicker.
We all want an effective treatment asap but we have no control over when that will be. So whether we like it or not we are just going to have to wait it out.

O man all this Autiphony staff is just a theoretical. Have this tested animals have tinnitus or not no one really knows. We are holding our breath for nothing. There will be a big dissapointment in the end of the trial. Me myself i am not optimistic at all.
of course they know if the animals have Tinnitus! .. there are ways to test this ... think before you speak, specially on this forum please. Enough depression, negativity and ignorance around here.

S
Sorry dan if i offend you or made you
depressed. My apologies. Everyone has a freedom to choose and believe in whatever he wants. I choose for myself not to belive and not to have some hope about the Autifony drug. Beacause my own theory on how and why T start is different than doctors Large one. And again i am not a doctor not a scientist.
Now i don't want to make you or anyone else depressed but you should also be prepared for very poor outcome from the trial. Don't be too naive people.
look, this forum is built on the knowledge and information by the people that use it... hang around a bit and see how it flows ... read a lot!! ... and than come back to see if you have something good to add ... instead of just opinions.. there is to many of them so at least choose a good one.

There is not haters here dany boy.
Everyone will be hapy if this drug works.
Only there is a people like me who think it might not work and i am mentally prepared for this.
It is called realty.

Well, all this negativity doesn't help people. I say stay positive until the results are out.

How do you know it will work for 100% do you have proof? Does this statement includes all types of T? When do you think it will be on the market, 2020 for example?

Of course it won't work for all types of tinnitus....For example it may not work for pulsatile tinnitus.

"Autifony is developing a novel drug, AUT00063, that may help to treat people with some types of tinnitus, in particular tinnitus associated with hearing loss following noise exposure or ageing. The first clinical trial to explore the possible efficacy of AUT00063 in people with tinnitus has now started and is recruiting in the UK."

It could be on the market before 2020 if they can fast-track, that is, if the results are positive.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now