• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

I'm just concerned about Trobalt not working on so many TT members. If Trobalt opens ALL potassium channel modulators (including 2 and 3, the two targeted by Autifony), and hasn't worked for many TT members, isn't it doubtful that Autifony's going to be THAT great?

I'm just concerned about Trobalt not working on so many TT members. If Trobalt opens ALL potassium channel modulators (including 2 and 3, the two targeted by Autifony), and hasn't worked for many TT members, isn't it doubtful that Autifony's going to be THAT great?

Probably because Trobalt doesn't work equally as well on all types of ion channels. As I stated previously it's probably a dosage thing. Since we are all not equally sensitive to drugs Trobalt could perhaps have worked for them as well if they would have been able to increase the dose enough. But at high doses Trobolt is a really nasty drug when it comes to side effects. With a clean drug that targets only what is necessary to treat Tinnitus one would probably be able to increase the dosage quite a bit before the side effects start getting really serious.

Trobalr works, it`s just the amount and lenght of taking that is hard to pin down.. like Silvio says ... it has to do with side effects. Maybe a bit more and trobalt would do great wonders ... but it is too nasty for the body to take... we need more specific targeting .. hopefully AUT00063 is it.

What I meant was. I have T, plus reactive T or H don't know which. So my T reacts to noise by increasing. If I do have H, then the only result of noise is increased T, so if the drug worked technically it would cure H, in my case, if I do have it.

Sorry wrong thread but I don't understand if Keppra works so well for H why the hyperacusis researchers don't want to know and why no firms like Autiphony want to take it on as an idea

Autifony´s drug acts on on specific Kv3(3.1) channel not the Kv7 channels. This has been stated a thousand times in these treads. Its the SF63 that acts on 7.2 and 7.3. Please tell me I´m not wrong about this!

Trobalr works, it`s just the amount and lenght of taking that is hard to pin down.. like Silvio says ... it has to do with side effects. Maybe a bit more and trobalt would do great wonders ... but it is too nasty for the body to take... we need more specific targeting .. hopefully AUT00063 is it.

I agree with you there is a very high percentage of the participants in the trial that have had major improvements. Its a question of dosage and time (the longer you had it the higher and longer you will probably will have to take it and maybe for life).

I myself (6 months post trauma) had major reductions in tinnitus level and will keep taking it for two months and then see if i am cure or will have to wait for sci flour pill (trobalt with virtually no side effects) or AUT0063. Not because it does not help but because all the probable side effects after longer use.

current dosage 200 mg three times a day.

I think you're right Lloyd. It's great to see there are pharma company's focusing on Tinnitus at last. Fingers crossed we get something to help us soon - although I suspect it'll be a couple of years at least until trials are completed and, if successful, something gets to market. But who knows, in the not too distant future we may have a choice of treatments . . . here's hoping !!!

@Lloyd Carter
to my understanding sf0034 is the same molecule as retigabine just that by adding floride they made it more potent and with less side effects (for epilepsy, but i think it might be an excellent drug for tinnitus)

I am sorry is not flour is floride . Ha ha ha they sound the same in Spanish" fluor "the element and flour for baking in english my mistake

Hi Lloyd, yes indeed I did. I went for the screening but didn't get on the trial because I'm not suffering enough according to the questionaire you have to complete as part of the screening process. Depending on what the inclusion criteria for phase 111 is going to be, and if I fit the bill, they are going to contact me to take part in that trial. :)

Hi Lloyd, yes indeed I did. I went for the screening but didn't get on the trial because I'm not suffering enough according to the questionaire you have to complete as part of the screening process. Depending on what the inclusion criteria for phase 111 is going to be, and if I fit the bill, they are going to contact me to take part in that trial. :)
Would u happen to know or guess their minimum and maximum suffering limits?

Hi Dan, there is a series of questions and you have to mark each question on a scale of 1 - 10. 1 being low suffering, 10 being high. When all your answers are totted up you have to get between 25 - 68 (if I remember correctly). Mine score was less than 25 so I didn't get included.

One of the questions was " are you able to enjoy peace and quiet" ! Errr NO, derr !!! o_O

Hi Dan, there is a series of questions and you have to mark each question on a scale of 1 - 10. 1 being low suffering, 10 being high. When all your answers are totted up you have to get between 25 - 68 (if I remember correctly). Mine score was less than 25 so I didn't get included.

One of the questions was " are you able to enjoy peace and quiet" ! Errr NO, derr !!! o_O
How many questions? Thanks!

I have passed the pre-screening test for the trial.

I will have the screening part early next month. I am just curious to know what to expect. If anyone can share their experiences that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I have passed the pre-screening test for the trial.

I will have the screening part early next month. I am just curious to know what to expect. If anyone can share their experiences that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Technically you should't "expect" anything. Just remember how your T is before the trial and then compare it after the trial.

How loud is your T now? Can you hear it over things like the tv? In traffic? While driving? Outdoors? Only indoors? Etc. Log these things now so to the end of the trial you will have some reference points to compare....

Any "expectations" will enhance the placebo effect.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now