Basically Cured with Psilocybin

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by the Jalombian, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ErikaS

ErikaS Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection/Ultra High Frequency SSHL in Right Ear
      I honestly haven't gone further down this road. I found out through other members here that a benzo can cancel out the effects of Psilocybin, and I am on a very small dose of Ativan still. So, until that is not the case, I have kind of pushed this to the side. My eyes are set on Dr. Shore's device, or, trying Keppra as my reactivity/sound sensitive tinnitus is my debilitation factor.

2. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      I’ve tried microdosing shrooms a couple of times. I absolutely love it, but it’s hard to keep up in Sweden as it’s illegal here.

For me the experience is best described as forced meditation. I just become super calm and centered. But not in a sedated, druggy way. What I mainly want to do while on it is sit with my eyes closed outside and listen to the wind, and this is something I pretty much never feel like doing otherwise :D

I can definitely see there being multiple health benefits of doing this on a regular basis. I really wish I could. It had no impact on my tinnitus though, not during the dosing or after, but if someone has a very high alert/stress level because of their tinnitus, I could see this helping.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      0.1-0.2 grams for Cubensis.

4. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      I've been considering trying Psilocybin for 4 years, but never took the step.

Now I'm seriously looking into it again, though. Magic truffles can easily be acquired here, for shrooms I'd need to grow my own. Functionally, would taking truffles make any kind of difference?

If anyone else in the Netherlands is contemplating this, we could become psychonauts together ;)

I'm going to start out with the Stamets Stack for 4 weeks: 4 days on, 3 days off. I already had Lion's Mane and Niacine, so I only had to order 4 weeks worth of magic truffles for microdosing.

Going to start out with a microdose of 0.8~1 gram.

If it has any positive effect: great. If it has no effect at all, that's also fine. In that case I'll take a 2 or 4 break from Psilocybin and attempt a normal dose.

In case my tinnitus becomes louder after the first microdose, I'll probably stop – unless it quickly calms down again.

The truffles are coming tomorrow or Monday.

• Like Like x 2
    5. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      There appears to be no difference. The same psychoactive chemicals in magic truffles are psilocybin and psilocin. Of course, the mushroom and truffle are not the source of the psilocybin, that is contained in the underground mycelium fungus. Truffles are said to have less of the psychoactive ingredients. I wouldn't know about that since I've never even seen a truffle and have only taken the 'shrooms back in the 60s-80s. They were similar in effect to LSD, of which I had a LOT of by sheer chance. The 'shrooms, if taken for tripping purposes, seemed a little milder than the acid. It wasn't exactly like an acid trip, but closer than anything else we had access to, like mescaline or peyote.

I tried DMT by itself once (which is basically what psilocin is) and didn't care for it. Apparently, the Dutch didn't make truffles illegal because of a technicality or two. They're not actually "mushrooms" as they do not grow above ground, and they're supposed to be weaker than 'shrooms. If that's true, then you could simply do more to get the same effect since the chemicals are identical.

6. Christiaan
      Inspired

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2016: headphones, 2020: worsened thanks to Rammstein
      Good luck @Fields in case you're going ahead with Psilocybin truffels or mushrooms.

If you plan to grow mushrooms (3-5 weeks), it may take a while. You'll also need to store them in a fridge, as they can only be used for short-term usage (2-3 weeks). Truffels will save you all that fluff, as it can be stored in the refrigerator (ideally 4°C) for at most 2 months.

If there's anything that I could add from my own experience, it is that it may take quite some time before you'll hopefully see some benefits for your tinnitus. I combined Stamets' stack with tons of other stuff (diet, meditation, exercise, sound therapy), but it may have played a positive part in the reduction of my tinnitus after +/- a year or so.

• Useful Useful x 1
    7. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Just want to pitch in with some data here to help. From my experience, truffles only last about 1-2 weeks in the fridge. Once, after eating 15 g from an unopened bag that I had in the fridge for three weeks, nothing happened to me. When ordering a new bag of the same shrooms and eating them straight away, it was a different story, though. So yeah, the shelf-life is shorter than advertised.

Secondly, truffles are about 1/5 the strength compared to dried shrooms. So, a 1 g dose is a good microdose, similar to 0.2 g of dried shrooms.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    8. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

The pre-packaged microdose truffles I ordered are vacuum-sealed and have a shelf-life of 2 months if unopened and kept in the fridge. When opened, they have to be consumed within 2 days (according to the seller).

If there aren't any adverse effects, I'll order a new 1-month batch during every reset period. Eventually I'd also like to try a regular dose.

I work out 3 to 5 days per week and meditate almost daily. Diet-wise I'd say I eat pretty healthy. Hopefully it'll all add up to something positive.

• Like Like x 1
    9. weehiru
      Doubtful

weehiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      TMJ 2015, Noise Exposure 03/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced + TMJ
      I love this thread! I was thinking about starting my psychonaut journey myself with Psilocybin. I currently have some shrooms growing with my mates (previously just for personal use, before this all happened :cool: Jedi Mindfuck and Peacock growing right now). I'm not sure what to categorize my tinnitus for now, but for context, I hear it all the time, and it's high + hissing.

I'll be in this thread to see what my findings are myself when I can.

10. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      After four weeks of microdosing, I think it's safe to say it didn't have any effect on my tinnitus.

I'm going to reset my tolerance and do a normal dose in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm going to use Mexicana truffles first. If that doesn't work, I'll start experimenting with different varieties or switch to shrooms.

11. Christiaan
      Inspired

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2016: headphones, 2020: worsened thanks to Rammstein
      I wish microdosing helped your tinnitus, @Fields. I really do.

A higher dose might temporarily alter your senses, mood, heart rate, and perhaps even your tinnitus. That can be scary, especially in the beginning. In those instances, it could be helpful to receive guidance from someone who has experience with testing Psilocybin truffles/shrooms ranging from low to high doses.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Thanks for the advice. I've got someone who's going to babysit me, just in case. ;)

One member on here mentioned he took four normal (large?) doses, with five days between each. Perhaps I'll try that, too.

Let's see how I'll react to the first trip later this month.

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. Ess Zee

Ess Zee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      Hi all, I really want to try Psilocybin to treat and get rid of my admittedly mild tinnitus. The thing is, it's bloody loud when I wake up, which is something I do a lot when trying to sleep, like every hour. Sleep is a trigger for me, and the only way I get a lot of it is if I take some Inositol before bed.

I am in the UK.

Has anyone tried Psilocybin, and it worked? I'm also a bit wary about tripping my nuts off, even though I used to smoke a ton of weed and have done MDMA loads of times; I just do not want to make it worse.

14. Buckyball

Buckyball Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Blow to the ear
      Hello,

I ate 30 g of mild truffles. It didn't cure my tinnitus; in fact, it spiked it notably during the trip. I won't do it again.

15. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Dang, 30 g? That sounds like a lot.

I had to move up my normal-dosed trip unexpectedly – so I took 7 g of truffles on Sunday.

The trip wasn't bad, but it didn't really do anything for my tinnitus, and I experienced some mild effects. After 2 or 3 hours, I started turbo-yawning, which indicated to me that both my mind and body were extremely exhausted. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep any better because of it.

About 12 hours after ingesting the truffles, I got a massive spike (11/10) that lasted for a few hours, though. The day after, I also felt extremely exhausted. It's sort of like a hangover, but mostly physically.

I'm not sure if I should attempt it a second time.

16. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I am responding to this older post as I am now considering trialing Dextromethorphan myself.

Did you ever try this, and if so, what kind of dosage were you trialing? Results?

17. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      No, I'm too chicken.

18. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I understand.

What frightens you about this drug?

19. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Making things worse or causing new problems.

20. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Are you going to try it in the form of ADHD medicine?

21. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I didn't think Dextromethorphan was indicated for ADHD? Are you confusing it with Dextroamphetamine?

Enlighten me.

22. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Yes, sorry. I thought you were talking about Dextroamphetamine because I've been reading about people finding tinnitus relief with their ADHD drugs (Vyvanse). I've never heard of people using Dextromethorphan for it. That's just Robitussin, right? There's also a new drug called Auvelity that combines it with Bupropion, but all the reports I've read on that are of it increasing or causing tinnitus (which most likely would be the Bupropion).

23. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      On the matter of Psilocybin, I'm giving microdosing a second chance, but with a more potent strain this time around.

I'm not expecting much, but I'll keep you all posted.

• Like Like x 2
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      the Jalombian

the Jalombian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music festivals, working in a club
      Hey, OP here. I stumbled across my own post. I just want to say the improvement has been pretty consistent. I got back into clubs and DJing, and although I still have tinnitus at night, it's completely bearable. Only in silence do I still hear it at all.

I still attribute mushrooms to "curing" or significantly reducing my ringing tinnitus from loud music exposure. However, I have also read that for some people, it makes it temporarily worse. The human brain is incredibly complex, and what may work for some won't work for others.

I hope some of you find some relief and at least have some good trips. I still try to trip every few months, and it does help my mental health.

Always do a trip in a safe environment with people you love and trust.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1